Strategies To Empower People
Happiness rating is 62 out of 100

Strategies To Empower People Employee Reviews

employersupporthourlovefeelemployeeenjoycare

Flexible, Rewarding and Meaningful Job

I wish that I could give 4 3/4 starts because there is very little I haven’t liked about working for STEP. I’ve really enjoyed working for STEP. It is undeniably challenging, as any job in this field is going to be, but it keeps you on your toes and no two days are the same. I really feel like your experience working at STEP depends on you. I feel like management has really had my back when things have gotten sticky, though I do agree they could be a little more supportive and communicative. All in all I think they’re pretty good and are all friendly, approachable and mostly available. I like that as long as you do your job well, you just do your own thing, make your own schedule, and nobody is micromanaging you. I love that we can provide individual support for each person we work with based on their personal needs and not just some cookie cutter support. There’s a lot of room for personality, individuality and creativity. My experience has been positive.

Pros

Flexibility, Making an Impact, Fun, Good People

Cons

There are always going to be some people who aren’t pleasant to work with at any job

This is a horrible place to work they do not pay you right and mistreat employees

This is the worst job I could have ever work the lie to you in there training about how things are and things that they haven't seen or worked they hear the management staff is horrible and lazy (I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE) not even family

Strategies To Empower People insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job

It's great when your primary language is ASL

Great place to work You get the chance to grow and advanceFriendly staffLanguage access for deaf and hearingBlind accessNetworking with community ans within companyGood benefits

Pros

Language access Care for people who are vulberable

Cons

Break times are need to be flexible on your end due to job

Fun / Educational workplace . Great place to start a career in mental health

Great company with awesome staff. They have alot of people that you can really help .. I enjoyed going out into the community as the staff , you show disabled individuals how to live independently . My only issue is depending on the client a certain amount of your paycheck will habe to go through IHSS and that wasnt dependable for me .

Pros

Active with the community

Cons

Pay is incorporated with another company sometimes late

It’s a very high demanding and stressful job!

It’s a very demanding and stressful job. The first day on site I was left alone with 3 female clients with high behaviors. I had no training and no clue how to de-escalate the situation when I was being attacked. I wish they would have LET ME KNOW about the behaviors and clients history. Not just the task I had to preform. Oh it would’ve been nice if I wasn’t left alone the first day either. I stayed for over 6 months and you’re constantly being asked for more and more. The pay is okay but trust me... you’ll be burnt out QUICK!

Pros

Ok pay, night shift is chill *depends on client*

Cons

No breaks, No support or proper training

Very toxic environment

A very toxic environment to work in. Management is too young and inexperienced. There were a lot of messy people who worked there. The main problem is that there was family working there which caused a lot of favoritism.

Pros

Job security

Cons

No room for growth

The managerial apathy

I enjoyed my job and feeling like i was impacting someone's life in a positive manner...Up until i was made to feel like i was constantly unnecessary by a coworker who desperately tried to assert herself as a supervisor; who was borderline abusive to employers; who swore she knew best because these employers were under her thumb for years. Patty Saunders is a see you next...

Pros

Basically paid to be a friend.

Cons

Collin, Anastasia, Patty, Realizing employers are cannon fodder to higher-ups, Nobody truly cares but staff, you're paid well to care

Amazing Job

This one the best company. Working was wonderful experience. I learned many skills that help me in life. The staff teach you everything you need to know.

Pros

Good people

Cons

Can be a good job depends on you somewhat

Loved the clients! Great working with them. They are genuienly appreciative. Stay focused. Don't get involved in politics and gossip. Some Nepotism should be expected. However, Do a great job. Do good work. Rewarded for your work efforts. Don't mix home life with work. Don't be too friendly. Learn everything you can. Get everything in writing. Be appreciative. Know that people aren't everything they portray.

Helping individuals live a productive life

This company is a great place to start if you want knowledge and skills on working with DD adults. Great place for college students to work and gain experience in social work.

Loved it!

I absolutely loved working here, however the pay was not enough to live comfortably on my own. The managers listen to complaints and take action, the facilitators will help you get to work if you have car troubles. And, the company cares about the staff and the clients.

Positive Staff, Lots of Hours!!!!

I've been working for this company for 3 yrs, And if hyou have the time, they will assign you many hours. Just requires training at multiple locations.

Pros

flexible hours! Good for students!! Can work crazy hours!!

Cons

No breaks, technology is outdated.

Unprofessional

Management is very unprofessional. Does not care about what important to employee as well employers. Orientation process is very different than how the clients are in reality treated.

Productive and great place to work

Very understanding and works for the employees, workplace culture is friendly. Learned how to work as a team player Management is very helpful and caring.

Awesome Work Environment

Great People to work with. Staffs understanding friendly and amazing! Lot of overtime available. Easy job when in comes to travel and flexible schedules.

Difficult job, but very rewarding

Each employer has different needs, must reach these needs by any means necessary. Most days are not the same but there is always something new to learn. There are trainings offered, some required, which benefit all employees. Always feel like you have a purpose and you mean something to the person(s) you are working wit

Horrible supervisor

Horrible workplace company isnt bad but supervisor was crazy I feel like I was always being attacked and lied on everytime I came on shift I got feedback about things that didn't matter

Great work experience

Love to be light & or bring comfort to others. Being a companion or personal attend is very gratifying.. Can at times be tiresome but at the end of the day rewarding!

not at all what they portray themselves to be

worked for the company for 4 years. many times was left to stay with client much longer than scheduled shift because of staffing issues. was sick vomiting and frequent bathroom trips and was left to stay with client with no relief for hours. when needed schedule change to accommodate childcare needs was told basically tough. company will overwork employees and not be flexible at all with employee schedule needs.

Pros

plenty of hour available to work

Cons

infexible

Family

I have always been treated like family from the top all the way down to my fellow coworkers. The care that is provided for the people they serve is far superior to any company I have ever workes for. I'd gladly work here again!

Pros

Great work environment

productive

they dont care that much about employees, they could care more about the people who take care of their employers, give them more support so that they can better do their jobs

Pros

Cons

everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strategies To Empower People. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits