Strategies To Empower People

Sacramento, CA39 reviews

Strategies To Empower People insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Flexible, Rewarding and Meaningful Job

I wish that I could give 4 3/4 starts because there is very little I haven’t liked about working for STEP. I’ve really enjoyed working for STEP. It is undeniably challenging, as any job in this field is going to be, but it keeps you on your toes and no two days are the same. I really feel like your experience working at STEP depends on you. I feel like management has really had my back when things have gotten sticky, though I do agree they could be a little more supportive and communicative. All in all I think they’re pretty good and are all friendly, approachable and mostly available. I like that as long as you do your job well, you just do your own thing, make your own schedule, and nobody is micromanaging you. I love that we can provide individual support for each person we work with based on their personal needs and not just some cookie cutter support. There’s a lot of room for personality, individuality and creativity. My experience has been positive.

Pros

Flexibility, Making an Impact, Fun, Good People

Cons

There are always going to be some people who aren’t pleasant to work with at any job

It's great when your primary language is ASL

Great place to work You get the chance to grow and advanceFriendly staffLanguage access for deaf and hearingBlind accessNetworking with community ans within companyGood benefits

Pros

Language access Care for people who are vulberable

Cons

Break times are need to be flexible on your end due to job

Can be a good job depends on you somewhat

Loved the clients! Great working with them. They are genuienly appreciative. Stay focused. Don't get involved in politics and gossip. Some Nepotism should be expected. However, Do a great job. Do good work. Rewarded for your work efforts. Don't mix home life with work. Don't be too friendly. Learn everything you can. Get everything in writing. Be appreciative. Know that people aren't everything they portray.

Helping individuals live a productive life

This company is a great place to start if you want knowledge and skills on working with DD adults. Great place for college students to work and gain experience in social work.

Loved it!

I absolutely loved working here, however the pay was not enough to live comfortably on my own. The managers listen to complaints and take action, the facilitators will help you get to work if you have car troubles. And, the company cares about the staff and the clients.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Positive Staff, Lots of Hours!!!!

I've been working for this company for 3 yrs, And if hyou have the time, they will assign you many hours. Just requires training at multiple locations.

Pros

flexible hours! Good for students!! Can work crazy hours!!

Cons

No breaks, technology is outdated.

Productive and great place to work

Very understanding and works for the employees, workplace culture is friendly. Learned how to work as a team player Management is very helpful and caring.

Awesome Work Environment

Great People to work with. Staffs understanding friendly and amazing! Lot of overtime available. Easy job when in comes to travel and flexible schedules.

Horrible supervisor

Horrible workplace company isnt bad but supervisor was crazy I feel like I was always being attacked and lied on everytime I came on shift I got feedback about things that didn't matter

not at all what they portray themselves to be

worked for the company for 4 years. many times was left to stay with client much longer than scheduled shift because of staffing issues. was sick vomiting and frequent bathroom trips and was left to stay with client with no relief for hours. when needed schedule change to accommodate childcare needs was told basically tough. company will overwork employees and not be flexible at all with employee schedule needs.

Pros

plenty of hour available to work

Cons

infexible

Family

I have always been treated like family from the top all the way down to my fellow coworkers. The care that is provided for the people they serve is far superior to any company I have ever workes for. I'd gladly work here again!

Pros

Great work environment

productive

they dont care that much about employees, they could care more about the people who take care of their employers, give them more support so that they can better do their jobs

Pros

Cons

everything

Rewarding in SO Many Ways!

I have never felt more suited for a job than I do at STEP. I have worked at other companies who do the same work but STEP's philosophy is outstanding and everyone from the CEO down to my direct supervisor is an example of integrity and compassion. I wish the pay was better, but some people don't understand that STEP does not determine the pay...the STATE OF CALIFORNIA funds these services and has not given an increase to help raise the pay of support workers for over a DECADE! It's the most rewarding job I've ever had but, if I didn't have my spouse's income, I don't know if I could work here. The State needs to recognize that! As it is now, there are very few people like me, who love their chosen profession, in this job. Many substandard support workers come and go because, well, you get what you pay for, unfortunately. People with disabilities deserve better than that and so do people like me who care for them! Over all, though, there are good benefits, possibilities for overtime and advancement in this job and the rewards I get outside of pay are far beyond any company I've ever worked for. I'm good at what I do and I'm made to feel appreciated and valued by my supervisors, co workers and the person I care for. Huge Christmas party and Summer party every year and the CEO has given either a bonus check or gift cards to employees every year that I've been here!

Pros

Ethical, great philosophy, appreciates their employees

Cons

Doesn't pay well due to State rates - no fault of STEP

Overworked/ underpaid

Management abuses and uses us. I gained several degrees while working there and they refused to pay me more than minimum wage. It’s not enough to live

Pros

Cons

Low wages, terrible management, they call you constantly when your not working, my boss literally threatened to fire me because I made her look bad by being better

I love working for Strategies To Empower People, I just wish the pay was better.

Strategies To Empower People is a great place to work. Management is great most of the employers are great. Thefacilitators at Strategies To Empower Peopleare wonderful as well.

I loved them until I knew them

I worked for this company over 2 years they loved me before my accident I was to be a supervisor and I was to manage a house. I thought they would care and it would be ok to return and work towards it. But I was replaced and not allowed to work at the house because they had already hired staff. I truly love what I do but I am as trained as a supervisor, I do the work of a supervisor, but I get paid STILL after 2+ years $11.00 per hour. Crazy how IHSS pays us more then the company that I work for and I only get 24 hours IHSS. the rest I am paid $11 dollars.

Pros

Employers, consistency of schedule.

Cons

pay, management, small room to grow, crazy circumstances in some houses without warning. unorganized, Pay

Relaxed but productive enviorment

This is a great place to work. The environment is friendly and you gain another family working there from your fellow coworkers and the amazing clients you work for.

Great company but too many hours

I did not understand why I was given too many hours. The work life balance and low salary are the only things that I did not like about here. If they had accommodated that part of my life, everything would be ok.

Pros

great experience, patience

Cons

hours are too much and not enough pay

Great company

A typical day at work consist of maintaining a clean house, grocery shopping, medication reminder, doctor appointments, social outing, maintaining the clients individual health plan, teaching independence, behavioral redirection, and companionship.

Pros

great clients, great community involvement, great compassion for clients

Cons

lack of communication when it came to knowing what clients wanted vs. what they think client needed

Step was a great place to work starting out with wby experience it was just bad management

My shift was 6am to 2pm when I first get to work I clock in on time ( very important) I would check on my employer to see if she is still sleeping and give her 8am prescriptions, after that I would cook and clean fold clothes and write out my case notes. Then my employer and I would go out to run errands grocery shop, go to library her (favorite spot) then visit mom before I would have to go back and clock out until the next employee comes

Pros

Paid lunch weekends off and no uniform

Cons

Bad management less people more hours

Very rewarding job

I have been working for this company for about two years now but only received one .25 cent raise since hired. A wonderful place to work ,awesome co workers and positive attitudes but unfortunately I cant afford to take care of my family due to not making enough.At this point in the company they are not giving any pay raises which is now why Im considering employment with better pay elsewhere.Which is unfortunate because I truly love this place and the people I work with but I feel I do a lot for the pay Im receiving.

Pros

people I work with, positive attitudes, more experience

Cons

unorganized, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strategies To Empower People. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Strategies To Empower People