stratford university Employee Reviews

Great
Instructor-Adjunct for Coding and Healthcare (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 8, 2018
Great school, great students and best place to work. Especially the management is vert flexible. The most enjoyable part of the job is the students and the computer system.
Lots of accounting, deadlines, collection. I loved the job
Business Office Manager/HR (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 29, 2018
Responsible for all students payment and gap payments. Invoiced and collected past due payment. responsible for the smooth operation of the day-to-day business. Ordering books for students who had financial Aid. Reported to the Dean and Department of Education
Pros
Helping students prepare for there future
Cons
Attempting to collect from 3rd party and drop outs
Great people
OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 9, 2018
Great work environment. Fast paced job. Enjoyed working there. Was laid off due to Trump policies affecting international students. I wish I could have stayed there.
Productive Place to work and Study
Student Advisor (Student Worker) (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VASeptember 9, 2018
It was a good Experience working there.I learned a lot from ISO team. Very diverse work environment and a lot of fun activity is happening there such as Cultural events food festival Indian dance festival,..
Pros
Diverse and fun environment
Cons
Salary is not really fair
Nice
Assistant Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VASeptember 8, 2018
Direct Supervisor is awesome and willing to share knowledge. Supervisor very experienced in higher education and is very adept at on boarding new talent.
Pros
Great Direct Supervisor
Cons
stopped contributing to 401k
Poor Management
Adjunct Professor- School of Business (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 21, 2018
The management team was disconnected from the needs of the students and staff. Hopefully the management staff will improve and focus more on students needs.
I did not work at Stratford
Associate of Applied Science in Advanced (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 16, 2018
I did not work at Stratford. I was a Student. I cannot answer questions on any job experience having to do with this company. but this is still a required block to fill. ?
Bewareent
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAAugust 7, 2018
They have no loyalty to their dedicated and reliable staff. They are all about passing the students even if they don't work for it. If a student complains basically because they don't want to do the work or didn't get a grade for not turning in the work they would side with the student. It is an easy school for students to pass.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Use you up and toss you out when you are no longer of use
Great people, bureaucratic process
CSIT Laboratory Manager (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 31, 2018
Working on location is great, everyone at that location is awesome, and we work together to make things happen. Classes are great, the faculty is great, the environment on campus is awesome!

Decisions are made in management which cause issues. For example, a policy is suddenly and vigorously enforced in a different way than it originally was due to a change of leadership in human resources. Relatives which could not work in the same department, now cannot even work on the same campus, and no solutions are provided except to force an individual to resign. The process of getting new resources for the academic department is controlled by the IT department.

Otherwise the environment is great. Everyone is friendly and willing to help.
Pros
Frequent free food, amazing people on campus, flexibility of schedule
Cons
Management, abrupt policy changes
Work Life Balance
Financial Aid Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 17, 2018
Stratford University was flexible and provides remote work if necessary. Great pay. Benefits through Cigna are ok, but not the best. Nice company events.
The most productive environment ever
ESL Assistant (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 15, 2018
The work was quite interesting, I took part in various educational projects. We have created additional language programs for foreign undergraduates. I rekon it was the best worl place in my professional career.
Declining institution
Employee (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 13, 2018
Poor management, declining enrollment, no marketing, poor communication, and declining workplace culture. Recent layoffs resulted in staff absorbing extra workload without fair compensation.
Very close and fun with close coworkers.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 11, 2018
When I worked at Stratford University in the federal work study program, we always had fun. We were very serious about work and got everything accomplished that needed to be done, but at the same time we had fun while working together.
Excellent learning place
Full-time Student (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 5, 2018
Would go to class at night for lecture and I would be there for 4 hours. We would do group projects in class and we also would go over final projects expectations. We would have question and answer session as well. Then in closing we would go over our homework requirements and our discussion question for the week. Then we would all be dismissed until the next class.
Pros
Helps learn to work as a team
Cons
short breaks
Excellent learning environment
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 30, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was having the former Dean at the Woodbridge Campus, take an interest in perfecting my teaching skills by suggestions and recommendations. I am most grateful for all of her help!
Lack of Direction
Department Chair, School of Business (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMay 28, 2018
Major changes occurred with little to no clear direction from local leaders. Accreditation was in jeopardy and promises were made regarding regional accreditation with no realistic time line. Students, particularly veterans, were not given the quality of instruction that they needed and many of the instructors were low-quality, poor performers who could not teach anywhere else.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Poor management and no leadership or strategic direction
Decent place
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 20, 2018
Place is poorly managed and doesn't seek to really improve the lives of their students. Unfortunately geared towards just passing students through instead of ensuring they are well equipped to take on the challenges of healthcare.
Expensive School
Financial Aid Director (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 16, 2018
This school had a high turn over rate with employees and faculty. Most of the students never attended class but still were able to graduate at the top of their class.
Pros
They paid well.
Cons
Anyone can receive a degree without studying or going to class.
It's an okay place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 24, 2018
My direct manager was awesome, but corporate management was not good at all. They were removed from campus life and tried to manage remotely without taking into account that each campus was different. They were quick to jump the gun and make changes without considering immediate effects and long-term repercussions.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Lazy, immature people allowed to poison the culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMarch 21, 2018
Very good culture and work environment. Professional leadership and great benefits. Laughter at a workplace, concentration on projects and successful completion.