Stratus Video Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
TL (supervisor) and Spanish Interpreter (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 14, 2018
The manager is properly identified, therefore we know who and how to report for different needs. I really enjoy the environment.
As an interpreter I am able to work but take a breather every now and then.
Just one complaint.
Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 30, 2018
The only problem I've experienced with Stratus is the hours. There are not much hours to choose from. On average, I would work 10 hours and at the most, probably 17.
Professional and woman friendly environment
Interpreter -Remote (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 28, 2018
I am a contractor working from home as a Romanian -English Interpreter since May 2017. I have never had a problem with the Management or other Interpreters. The system is easy to use , the time is always paid in time via direct deposit. The pay is negotiated with the recruiter by the time of the interview. I am happy with it. There is no set schedule for a Contractor. I login when I am at home and serve the call , have a notebook and write down for my own record the type of the call and the times from beginning to the end. I have not missed a minute unpaid. Concierge is always nice and friendly, very polite .
All in one, I like to work with this company !
Pros
Company discounts
Cons
Payment on time although you earn insignificant amount.
Medica Interpreter (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 23, 2018
The team members sound trained and friendly. Your concerns are responded instantly. Good team spirit but for medical interpreters not so much of earning as you get paid per minute according to the length of your assignment. (It is a good job if you have nothing else to do).
Pros
you make your own working hours - which means to get assignments, you have to login but that doesn't mean you will receive assignments.
Cons
You have to wait (uncertain) for receiving an assignment which you rarely receive.
Good Place to Work
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 19, 2018
Great people who truly want to help everyone better themselves, regardless of their area of expertise. Excellent benefits are another plus for working at Stratus Video.
Very positive and encouraging work environment
Medical Video Interpreter (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 16, 2018
I knew that I absolutely loved interpreting when I applied to Stratus Video as a Medical Video Interpreter. But I never imagined how any company could be such a wonderful place! My previous employers had been very nice. But this place is clearly in a category of its own! My colleagues are a source of joy. We have fun on our chat platform. Sometimes we disagree, but nobody gets personally attacked. The implication is always that our views may differ, but we still like one another! We also learn from one another - both enriching our own language glossaries and also debating situations that challenge the known interpretation best-practices. We encourage one another. We exchange experiences and try to learn from one other. We all work in different geographical places, but we know one another and support one another with schedule swaps - if and when we can.

The culture is so positive that anyone who is arrogant or on a power-trip would stick out like a sore thumb. :) That is a great way to discourage proud people!

My manager sees the best in people and yet she is not afraid to do what needs to be done to protect the team, our clients & patients, the company, aka, OUR JOBS! The standards are high and we are monitored and our weaknesses are addressed. At first there were some hiccups in the manner that was done. Now, the QA and corrective actions are done increasingly in a very positive way, across the board. The QA colleagues are very polite and congenial. In my experience, all correction has been done in a very pleasant, respectful and professional way. One month into my job
  more... I made a serious mistake. I was moritified. My manager's response was the most encouraging that I could have imagine! And nothing has changed in her manner. We can be real at this job - no need to pretend that we are perfect. Because of that ability to be real, we can actually identify weaknesses, learn, grow and get better.

The positive culture of the company is incredibly important to its leadership and anything that can undermine it, once it is known by them, is swiftly addressed. I have worked here for over 2 years and can tell you that if you are an excellent medical interpreter and you have the opportunity to come to work as an interpreter for Stratus, please don't hesitate. I promise that you will not regret it! I am very thankful for my job and would not work anywhere else.
Pros
Company culture, colleagues, management
Cons
the changes are frequent and continuous, given the company's growth
Ok
Trilingual Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLFebruary 12, 2018
It was an alright job to work at. Management was easily accessible, there was issues with problem-resolution . There is no job security at this job, I would not recommend.
the hardest part of the job
Medical Interpreter over the phone (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLFebruary 2, 2018
It is to keep up with all the changes happening around you. Too many options to communicate the same thing, everyone is giving their point of view, so, at the end of the day, you have to re read everything and that is exhausting, there is still no training for part timers so, at times you just feel that you are learning from google.
Pros
You can be out of the cold weather
Cons
having to ask for permission to go to the loo
Flexible and Fun place to work
BULGARIAN INTERPRETER (Independent Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 26, 2018
Not enough work for Bulgarian interpreter otherwise, great company to work for. Will continue to work there doing mainly telephone interpreting for medical and other businesses. Good experience
flexible hours of work
Telephonic interpretation (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 22, 2018
great company to work from home as an interpreter. work hours are in my control by on and off dispatch button. I can work there any time of the day. but pay rates are not enough to depend on this job.
self drive work
Bilingual Operator (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJanuary 15, 2018
taking multiples calls it's more of a lonely job. pretty straight forward. when there are a lot of calls you get a little overwhelmed. usually its only super busy maybe twice a week so not bad.
Pros
work from home
Cons
pay
Co-worker forum is fun
Video Remoting and On the Phone Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 15, 2017
Sitting in front of the screen and talking are the typical day at Stratus. They allow 2-3 minutes to have restroom break. If it takes you longer than that, you have to fill out the form explaining to them. The most enjoyable part of the job is you can interact with co-worker in your team instantly through TEAM. The new manager is friendly and nice. The hardest part of the job is requesting schedule change. You have to literally follow up with the scheduler by emailing, texting, and sometimes having the manager involving by reserving all the proof of communication with her. Otherwise, she will deny all instantly that she has not received anything. LOL.
Good company
Interpreter/Translator (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FL 33755November 16, 2017
fair company, fair wages, flexible, hours works for those who have other jobs training provided, inputs, Reviews, respect of employees, interpreters are respected
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough hours
Flexibility
Over-the Phone-Interpreter (Contract) (Current Employee) –  My own homeOctober 24, 2017
They give us a great deal of flexibility and the workplace culture is pretty relaxed. I feel I have a lot of freedom about taking calls at home, if I'm doing something else and I don't have to take calls and nobody say nothing about. Of course no pay though.
flexible, feel good job!
Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeSeptember 2, 2017
A typical day at work is like you sit in front of computer screen with head phone and camera on, once the client was connected, I will start to interpreting between patient and provider, i will learn a lot of patient's health history, story, help patient communicate with their doctor.
Pros
I an work at home.
Cons
not enough hours.
Awesome workplace
Operator (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMay 25, 2017
I need to work from home even where I work is an amazing, work place but unfortunately they can offer me at this moment what I need. I have learn how to be more patient and reinforced my customer service.
Pros
Consider
Cons
no remote opportunities
Great culture and work environment (Corporate Office)
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 12, 2017
This is a very progressive company - especially for Clearwater, FL. Great corporate culture, with team-building events, frequent company-provided lunches/breakfasts, and no micro-management. The office environment is light and open, with lots of opportunity for interaction with peers. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. Each employee gets his/her own assigned parking spot which really cuts down on time in the morning! Benefits are top notch. Pay could be better but the work environment and benefits make it a pleasant place to go each day!
Amazing Company
VIDEO REMOTE INTERPRETER (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 13, 2017
This is an amazing company on it's way to being one of the best. They make you feel that you are valuable to the company, and not just another person on the payroll who speaks a second language. Concerns are addressed promptly, and although we come from different parts of the world, you don't have to wait for a day for someone to get back to you. :)
Good stable job
Video interpreter (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 8, 2017
Great growing company, great potential, great environment. Positive coworkers, great team environment. Good pay, semi flexible if it comes to scheduling.
Bilingual Operator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 27, 2017
A repetitive job, handling different languages. I learn different skills working for the company. Got to understand different ways to handle the system and multitask on different levels while handling calls.