Straumann Employee Reviews

Depends who and what department you work for.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAJune 13, 2018
Overall it's a good company. Lots of favoritism. If you're in with the in crowd you will go far but even if you're a great worker, responsible, work well with others but you're no ones favorite you will never get anywhere.

Benefits are awesome. The company as a whole tries to make it fun for everyone but it's no fun when you're the odd man out.
Benefits
Cons
Favoritism, lots of it
Inexperienced young managers running a start up company with a very poor sales training program with unrealistic sales quota sets you up for failure.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  ArizonaMay 8, 2018
Pros:
Good product at a good price
Great teammates on the sales team

Cons:
Young, inexperienced and condescending management from VP level on down.

Unrealistic sales quota - no paid commission unless you hit quota EVERY month. Worst comp plan I’ve ever seen in sales.

Big brother monitoring day and night

Tons on sales reports every night & weekend
good
Assisting in the Post Closing Department (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAApril 15, 2018
good management. Nice people. The hardest part of the job was getting to Waltham every day. I would work there again. The culture was diverse and professional.
Wonderful company to be part of
Consultant (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAJanuary 2, 2018
Straumann USA is a dental implant company. I was allowed the privilege to learn from educated colleagues, have freedom to develop programs, educate new employees, and travel to Switzerland to experience and tour the manufacturing facility. I spent ten wonderful years with Straumann. I began my career there as a customer service representative and ended it as the Technical Support Manager to our doctors and lab technicians. I had a team of ten dedicated men and women who continued to educate our customers with ease and patience.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
relocation of the company
gained alot of experience , quick on my feet, and have to be creative and think out of the box
DTM (Former Employee) –  FLAugust 29, 2017
Overall good experience, but short term. There's a lot of turn over, but the people that can handle the stress do well. Gain great experience and knowledge, but the customer is not number1.
Pros
great benefites, good salary
Cons
too many changes and slow response from managers, too many approval process'
Do yourself a favor and stay away!
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAJune 1, 2017
Do yourself a favor and stay away! Management and HR are clueless! They have no idea of the workload they put on their employees nor do they care. This place will set you up to fail. The worst training I have ever experienced because there pretty much is none!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Managament
Rewarding manufacturing with excellent VP of operations
Director of Process Improvement and Technology (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAApril 15, 2017
Respect for each employee is a hallmark of the manufacturing operations. Very excellent bonus. A lot of free food. Great gym and place to run along the river.
Awful place to work!
Event Planner (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 4, 2017
I was told during my first week on the job that they (meaning management) drop you in the water and see if you can sink or swim.

There are some great people that work here..but then there are the management team who pretends to care and take what you say seriously and then totally don't listen to any recommendations to improve situations. There are also many people that just don't do their job but some how get away with it.

I agree that this is a completely toxic environment. The work load is ridiculous and if you are a hard worker they pile on even more. They provide little to no training on systems but expect you to know everything.

They pretend they are going on this cultural journey but if the leaders of the organization can't follow this journey then whey would their employees.

This is the worst job I have ever had! I loved what I did for this company but hate the way management doesn't appreciate good work and allows people to work in silos instead of working together.
Pros
Some of the people
Cons
Work load, management, communication between different departments
Definition of a toxic environment
Internal Employee (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAFebruary 25, 2017
If you are a hard worker, you will drown in this environment. You'll be surrounded by those who draw lines and phrases on a white board and little else and get rewarded. You will have more work piled on you while others sit by and twiddle thumbs and search YouTube for videos. Straumann takes the hard workers, and it's like running on a treadmill at max incline - they will keep turning up the incline until you drop, then laugh at you on the way out and find someone new to run to the ground.

The walls between different departments here trying to collaborate are so high Donald Trump would be envious. There's more flip-flopping and changing of decisions here than you'll find in politics. Collaboration and culture are two "in" phrases that get tossed around but don't actually mean anything here.

The environment is the definition of toxic - people who leave comment how their quality of life improves upon leaving, people who work in manufacturing don't even want to walk over to the corporate side of the building because you can feel the toxicitity and drama in the air.

Upper management lives the glass row and rarely ventures out to mingle with the common folk. They are so far removed out of the day to day operations of the company. The company has grown exponentially in sales and sales force but without the same growth in the back office to support the hard workers. You cannot speak your mind here. The company is not what it used to be a few years ago and might be headed up in terms of sales but is a downward spiral internally.
Pros
Health care
Cons
Culture, workload, work-life balance
Great place to work. Great people and co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Andover, MASeptember 7, 2016
Great place to work but too many changes in upper management. Changes take a long time to implement and changes in job functions and job requirements not always clear.
Pros
Salary, Time off, Great Co-workers
Cons
CSR working holidays or working on days for Company Events
Excellent Work Environment
CNC Lathe Operator (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAJune 29, 2016
I liked working at straumann everyone was nice to me even the bosses i would always come into work and everyone would be in a happy mood
Pros
Excellent and friendly coworkers
Productive and Hard Working individuals
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAJune 10, 2016
Great atmosphere, hard working individuals, communal celebration, relaxed, recognized for amazing implants, company is well organized
Pros
Amazing Boss
Fun Workplace
Product Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAAugust 11, 2015
Fun workplace with great management. Its a great place to communicate and understand other employees perspective. Everyone is friendly and very respectful.
Pros
bonuses, free lunches
Cons
there's a foozball table that no one uses
Inside sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAJuly 15, 2015
This is an erratic place to work. The Lead team is very wishy washy and change things like the season's change. Not a very stable work environment.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
everything else
Great coworkers but horrible supervisors
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Andover, MaFebruary 20, 2015
The company has grown exponentially which is great but the processes and staffing has stayed the same so there have been many problems this past year. I think management needs to take a looks at the whole picture so they can fix some of the major problems for the staff explodes. One manager told his employee "we are going to keep adding on to your taskes until you hit the roof", way to build moral!
Pros
Great products
Cons
Overworked, understaffed and exhausted
Strong emphasis on performance; financially driven; smart people
Director (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAFebruary 5, 2014
Strong emphasis on performance; financially driven; smart people
Potentially Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Andover, MADecember 21, 2013
As a customer service representative, it was busy and they did not have enough reps to answer the phones often times. When I first started things were good. The co-workers are very nice aside from the usual few in most companies. The pay and benefits are awesome and probably the best part of the company. There was a lay off while I was there and this affected moral. It seemed to be coming back when I left. I was hired for a later day position and was told that at some point I could get on an earlier shift. This was never offered as they hired new people though and I was stuck working 11;30 to 8:00, which affected time with my family. Ultimately for this reason, I had to make a change as I didn't want my job to be my whole life.
Pros
Benefits, Workout Center on Site, Cafe on site
Cons
Unstaffed, lacking management, inflexible shifts that you get stuck on
The Industry leader and largest company in the industry
CARES Digital Specialist (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAOctober 25, 2013
Swiss Company. One of the industry leaders.
Co-traveled with Territory Sales Managers assisting them with the digital technology solutions and sales cycle.
A interesting place to work.
ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Andover, MASeptember 19, 2013
Typically I would concentrate on my work and finish early in case any problems would arise later in the day.
fun place to work for
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Andover, MASeptember 13, 2013
This is a huge company to work for. I learn how to use shipping method as in UPS worldwide and FEDEX. This is a fun place to work is not just they recognize you but to make you feel like family, any activity they do they always make sure ur family is involve. Nothing hard about this job but I was hiring as a Temp.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Straumann. Our community is ready to answer.

Straumann Reviews by Location