Strayer University Employee Reviews

Love It
Campus Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 15, 2019
Strayer is by far the best company I have worked for! Everyone becomes family and it truly shows. There is room for growth if that’s what you are looking for.
Great place to work!
Coach (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 9, 2019
Strayer Univ. is a great place to work. Management clearly defines what is expected, and provides resources to ensure success. Benefits are great, opportunity for advancement/relocation.
Pros
Tuition discount, great benefits, pay is good/overtime available
Cons
Some extended hours, some weekend work, work/life balance could be better
Productive, fun place to work
Registrar Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 7, 2019
Very team oriented, great management, work-life balance is on point! Leadership has always been very helpful and considerate of the employees needs allowing them the space and opportunities to grow.
It is a fine school to teach for.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2019
It is a fine school to teach for. I have enjoyed my time there and online. I still get the occasional contract to teach online or at the Northwest location.
N/a
Student Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 31, 2019
I'd prefer not to do this review as it's been sometime since I worked at this job and the current management may have changed. Overall it's a good work environment.
Can be a great experience, depending on who your manager is.
Student Financial Service Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 31, 2019
Depending on your manager, it will make or break your experience. The majority were pretty good, however, there are a few who will make your time there miserable.
Not a career move
Admissions Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 28, 2019
Too many positions of "leadership" that folks should not be in due to either their lack of leadership ability-like being able to help develop employees towards hitting goals with a plan of action. Upper management plays favorites with accountability and out of touch with campus temperatures.
Very Strange - They Just Stopped Giving Me Classes
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 27, 2019
This University Is Weird. I have won 2 teaching Awards ... and They Just Stopped Using me. No Reason ... No Explanation. They never even stated there was a Problem. I was Very well liked By Staff and Students and Always did the extra for the Company ... But they one day just stopped assigning me courses. Weird!
Pros
Nice Staff and Simple Systems
Cons
NO Raises ... Per-Diem Teachers (95% of Us) Got NO Raises Or Benefits ever
Still employed
Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 23, 2019
The typical workday
What I learned in the workplace
Management and leadership styles
Workplace culture
What was the hardest and most enjoyable part of the job
Do not recommend working here.
Student Servives Coach (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 19, 2019
Upper management is unorganized and treat you horrible. Local office was ok. More focused on money and profits rather than their students. I would never go back there.
Good Company Overall
Student Services Coach (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 9, 2019
Benefits and compensation are competitive. 2 Saturdays a month are mandatory. Promotions are hard to come by in Virginia, but plenty of job security as a coach. Obtaining a Masters or PH.d doesn’t not incentivize promotion.
Learning
Student Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Millersville, MDJuly 6, 2019
This is one of the best jobs I had learned a lot of different things from other departments from the front office to the back and some of the financial aid side
Stay away from the this school
Full-Time Faculty (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 2, 2019
Poor Management and leadership. Management and leadership DO NOT CARE ABOUT STUDENTS! There is a culture there that just wants the students to pass, so that they can enroll for the next quarter, so that they can get students money. Some student won't show up to class until the last week of class, and management expects you to allow student to submit all work so that they will enroll next quarter, so that they can get their money. Student always run out of Financial Aid and end up putting their-selves in debt, because the school will give you a payment plan. Worst of all, Strayer students are among the lowest graduates to get hired after graduation.

Stay away from the this school; money isn't worth it and its being ran by people who aren't educated and want to exploit students.
Pros
Some of your co-workers are good
Cons
Poor Management and leadership.
If you don't grade exactly like the Instructor, they consider YOU incompetent.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 29, 2019
Teaching Assistants must possess a Master's degree or above. Yet your only function is to grade in a robotic fashion, and never utilize your individual teaching style that probably took years to master. If you do not grade exactly like the Instructor, you will be considered incompetent. You will be grading under the guise of the instructor. As we know, grading writing assignments can be tricky. Because one teacher may be satisfied with it's content, while another may not. This school has developed a a student assembly line system where 1 teacher teaches around 1,000 students per semester. The students are ill prepared for higher education, some can barely write. But the school's objective is to get as much financial aid money as they can. Knowing most students will flunk out within the first year.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Punished if you can't copy Instructor's grading style
Very good company to work for the problem is management
ADMISSIONS OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 27, 2019
It was a great place to work until last year when we had a new Director. We would have an awards ceremony after every quarter. We would have bagel Fridays.
Pros
Great Culture
Great Co-workers
Manager, Student Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJune 11, 2019
Place where you really learn to enjoy and rely on your co-workers. Need to be able to handle a high stress constantly changing environment. Management will also always promise advancement but the opportunities to advance are scarce and rarely open up. This is a good place to bank OT as long as you are not in a salaried position.
Pros
Free Lunches, OT is always requested.
Cons
OT is always requested.
great place to work
Regional and Corporate Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 1, 2019
great structure internally as well externally with third parties. really good compensation an benefits. I would go back there in a heartbeat. they really care about there employees nationwide.
Strayer University
STUDENT SUCCESS COACH (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 29, 2019
Strayer University is a great place to work at with many opportunities available for advancement. I was promoted after 11 months working at Strayer and have just received my second promotion.
overall good company
Campus Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 24, 2019
This company has its ups and downs but overall its a good place to work. Senior leadership do a great job of communicating with employees when it comes to new products and procedures. Also local management do a great job of recognizing a person or a campus for reaching their quarterly goal.
Pros
Pay, experience, benefits
Cons
certain management, unrealistic numbers
Excellent place to work
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2019
I worked for Strayer University and Verizon under Corporate Learning Solutions. The environment and the team were so enjoyable. I would have worked here forever had my personal life not taken me in a different direction. My boss was amazing, his boss was amazing, and so on up the line. The compensation was great and the benefits were fantastic. The CLS group is really special and greatly value the work that they do. I have never worked with a more collaborative team.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strayer University. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight