Strayer University Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Non traditional School
Student Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 22, 2018
Students typically are not your traditional students. Students that are working full time and needing to obtain a degree see this as a school for them.
fun place to worked
Learning Resources Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 18, 2018
I wish I would never left but they cut my hours as a part time lab tech for the library. I really love working with student and teach them how to worked with APA scholarly policy.
Cons
short breaks, no health benefits
Great choice for school
Student (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 2, 2018
I loved my time at Strayer University. The staff and teachers are very good and have a vast knowledge of the subject matter they provide to the students.
Pros
They respect the work life balance
Cons
To many papers to write
I worked at Strayer University for 9 1/2 years.Due of the different models (10X, 5X and 3X) the pool of Humanities classes each term is shrinking.
Humanities Instructor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAApril 25, 2018
Working for Strayer University was a terrific experience.
I had the privilege of learning and continually growing professionally with an excellent a faculty and striving students.
The most difficult part of the job was students who were unwilling and reluctant to complete the necessary work.
I learned to NEVER give up on those few students, but to persistently encourage them to go the distance.
It was most rewarding to see those students overcome hurdles and achieve academic success.
Management was always supportive.
Pros
Learning something new every day & seeing students achieve their academic goals.
Cons
Students do not assume their academic responsibilities.
Campus Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, MDApril 24, 2018
happy people
easy work
Competitive environment
Director, Campus Operations (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAApril 24, 2018
Its a competitive environment. The senior leadership is not aware about what happens at the campus level. There is lack of communication. At end of the day its all about numbers and daily production.
Professional
Associate Campus Dean / Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 22, 2018
Extremely rewarding experience with delivery of coursework to serious minded students. Academic priorities were equal to other private for profit higher education institutions
Pros
Interesting peers.
Cons
No support for professional organizations
Great people, but hard work
Campus Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 22, 2018
My day was always hectic with people constantly giving me more tasks because they felt they did not have time to do it or did not want to do it. I never got to leave on time and still did not complete

Upper management continues to add more to everyone'e plate without giving them the adequate support. Every position requires so much and management still continues to add duties and complains about not meeting goals. The amount of work they expect out of their employees is too much and way too stressful. It hinders the ability to effectively serve the students.

My immediate boss was terrific and she was always willing to support when needed. She stretched herself thin so her team could breathe and simply take breaks during the day. She was open and always trying to see where everyone's career could take them next.

The campus I worked at was a family and I absolutely loved working with them. There was never any drama and everyone tried to help out as much as they could. The thing I will miss most about the organization id the teamwork and willinhness to help when it is needed.
Pros
Team bonding and free meals occasionally
Cons
Stressful
student
Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 10, 2018
just a student but I enjoy being about of the university and its culture. The teaching environment is inclusive and I love the open communication. Overall its a great school to attend.
Overall, good place to work
SFS, Campus Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 9, 2018
Working at Strayer was interesting to say the least. During my tenure there, the company went through a mass layoff and recharacterization of job titles and duties. Fortunately, I survived the layoff's, however my direct manager on site did not. This caused me to have a manager that was remote and our only contact was via phone or email. This arrangement made it difficult to build a solid relationship and rapport.

Overall, working for Strayer was a good experience, and I would recommend a friend to the company. I would probably still be there if the salary was better.
Pros
Good Benefits, and tuition discounts
Cons
low salary, and remote management
I taught online the course Introduction to Comparative Politics.
Virginia, Adjunct Professor of Political Science (Former Employee) –  Newington, VAApril 4, 2018
The students enjoyed my teaching philosophy, but we all yearned for the classroom. The class was very interesting, especially, comparing the attempted bombing of the Trade Center in New York in 1993 with 9/11. There were other comparative subject matters which were great as well for the students learning process.
Pros
Subject matter teaching...
Cons
Online
Na
Student Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 25, 2018
Served as the student support advisor for prospective and enrolled students. Worked closely with Department Manager on strategies to increase student enrollment and retention
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Awesome workplace!
Campus Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 25, 2018
Working at Strayer University gave me sense of pride and responsibility. The working environment was fun, productive and a collaborative setting, I enjoyed interacting with staff, faculty, clients and students during my daily routines. Management was very respectful and enhanced advancement in growth.
For profit schooling
Field Auditor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 14, 2018
Strayer University is an ever changing company that is always looking to compete in the ever-changing market. The focus was to attract working adults for higher education.
Busy Heavy Workload
Student Success Coach/Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 12, 2018
It is a nice job to have but they do not pay enough for the amount of work they ask of you. Unfortunately they have lay-offs very often. There were two big lay offs within one year and another lay-off of 300 more people coming soon.
Pros
Able to work as much over time as you want
Cons
Low pay for heavy work load, random lay-offs too often, unorganized departments
Nice Place
Learning Resources Center Manager and Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chamblee, GAMarch 7, 2018
It's good but should allow LRCM promotions and pay more.I don't have anything else to say. Great, Awesome, Need more job security, more stability, more respect.
You better love education to work here.
Admissions Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 5, 2018
I think the company would do better by more inclusion in a work place invironment other than " the good ole boy network". It is better for the working adult ( Continuing Education) verses the first-time college student.
Pros
Rewarding to enroll students and see then excel. great employees
Cons
Poor pay, long hours, not appreciated / valued as employees
Degree
Student (Former Employee) –  MarylandMarch 3, 2018
Intensive studying to obtain a bachelors degree and soon after obtaining a masters as well. It was a great learning experience in higher learning. I enjoyed the comradery of my fellow classmates.
Pros
advancement
Cons
long study hours
productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Executive Legal Assistant/Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VA 20171February 28, 2018
productive and fun workplace with ping pong table, a typical day a work, what do you learn, management, workplace culture, the hardest part of the job, the most enjoyable part of the job - the co-workers
Good company
Admission Officer (Current Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 27, 2018
Good place to work if you are under the right management . Could have a good life and work balance. A good feeling when you get to help people benefit themselves for the better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strayer University. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight