Stream Energy Employee Reviews

Fun job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, PAAugust 12, 2017
If your interested in relationship marketing, want to reap the benifits of low cost utilities, and work from home the look into it. It's a great team building job and you're paid on accomplishments rather than hours.
Pros
Personal business
Cons
Pyramid
Great Culture, a little lacking in the benefits department.
Accounting Department (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 29, 2017
Stream is an excellent place for culture and family environment. On school holidays, a lot of parents will bring their children into work rather than have to pay for daycare. There are often company events and the company promotes a culture of fun and casual work environment, but also has a "hard work high reward" attitude.

The benefits are VERY expensive if you have a family, so figure that into your salary negotiations. If you have a family and need to insure them, expect to pay almost a grand a month to do so.

I enjoyed my time at Stream and would recommend it for someone who is interested.
Pros
Casual environment, family friendly.
Cons
Some lack of communication creates unknown expectations.
Growth and opportunity like no other
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2017
Stream has given me the opportunity to grow my career and presented me with opportunities to do what I love more than any other company could provide. Great team, great leadership, it's hard to find somewhere that truly cares about their people like Stream. Not to mention perks on my electricity bill don't hurt either.
Pros
Benefits are amazing, Work life balance is real, Energetic and innovative work environment, Ideas are heard
Opens doors with opportunity
Independent Associate (Current Employee) –  Addison, TX 75001June 19, 2017
Let me just say i have met some of the best people i have ever known through Stream. Everyone is so supportive. I have been in the business for a little over 3 months and I learn something new almost everyday. I can use my time wisely and dont have to worry about clocking in somewhere or being micro managed. I can also balance single motherhood and college student life at the same while earning income.
Pros
Free electricity
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 18, 2017
Good work life balance is possible. There is room for growth. Accountability is important and encouraged. Recent move to very nice office location in Addison, TX.
work independently at home and away from home at your own pace and leisure
STREAM ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 6, 2017
This job is independently done and it is very motivating for its perceived expectation of future residual income. I like the incentive that I can make as much as possible depending on how much time and effort I put in.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Exhaustive Sales time and energy
Decent place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 24, 2017
There is a nice recognition process and opportunities to mix work and fun. The hardest part of the job was keeping ahead of all of the broken processes.
Pros
Close knit team in some departments, medical benefits, 401k match
Cons
Little room for promotion
Great Company
ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 10, 2017
Stream Energy provides a stable work environment that balances work and personal life. They provide all the information you need to succeed, along with staying in constant communication to help you through the learning curve.
Pros
Great Support System to help you progress you career
Cons
The learning curve which is any career you pursue
Fun, ever-changing company.
Commercial Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 30, 2017
I started at Stream when electricity deregulation was new in Texas, and the company was a very energetic new company with a fun and modern culture.
As time goes on, newer companies must become adaptable, and the only the that stays the same is that it is always changing.
Pros
fun culture, lots of cool people, casual dress.
Cons
sloppy management, revolving door of CEO's
Low Expectations
Lead Technical Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 3, 2017
The company is steadily growing and has potential to excel. I don't see opportunity for growth for any temporary employees. The company represents services as a third party for major corporations, and just fills in the gaps for a name and some change.
Do your homework
Developer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 21, 2016
Stream is generally a good company to work for - however like many work places some managers are a lot more challenging to work for
Establish as much as you can about the position.
e.g. Hours, availability asked of you, expected turn around times, technology, challenges,
the managers style, attrition rate.
Pros
15 days PTO, work from home days, employer contribution to 401k and health insurance
Cons
Some managers are challenging to work for
Productive company
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 26, 2016
This company is one of those companies where you get out of it what you put in. Based on commission and registering customers/future associates, it relies heavily on the idea of recruitment.
A very rewarding business full of excitement and advancement potential.
Mgr. Director/Energy Broker (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 2, 2016
Im an independent associate in this company and they taught me how to put my skills in management to work for my self and motivate others to do the same and bless many. I help family,friends,and others with energy bills,give cell phone service and other life essential services for less. I started as a director in the company In February and been promoted twice now I'm Manager Director do to hard work and determination. Hardest part of the job I would say its not steady income yet but I believe with the correct partnership and extra income it will be more rewarding. The most enjoyable is helping people.
Pros
rewarding, hands on, supportive
Cons
not steady income
Productive, Positive, Fun
Independent Associate/Managing Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2016
This is one of the best companies that I have had the pleasure to work with. It is a direct marketing company so there is no salary nor is the a limit on the amount of money that can be earned. It is however not a get rich scheme. So income must come from other sources while building the business.
Excellent source of additional income plus a huge savings on your ELECTRIC BILL.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2016
AWEESOME SIDE JOB FOR EVERYONE!!!! Great opportunity to meet and help others save money on their electric bills and other services. I recommend Stream to everyone including those who do not desire to work the business, because you can surely reduce your electric rate with Stream Energy.
Pros
Free energy
Cons
Networking company only no healthcare and straight pay
Great family environment
Senior Retail Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 20, 2016
Can not say enough about Stream energy best company I have ever worked for.
very open friendly and family environment
relax but very corporate style setting
Pros
CEO was very respectful and open and talk to us like humans
Cons
open to other states to fast
saving people money on their energy usage,network marketing
Ignite and Stream Energy- Senior Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 18, 2016
Find ,qualify, train encourage, build relationships, with potential customers and bussiness partners on benefits of using [electricity or natural gas]or joining our family[team].Continued education and growth to help everyone you work with to be successful and create duplication.
Pros
flexable schedule, good residule income
Cons
hard to maintain downline success
Not a job i would recommend
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  York, PASeptember 18, 2015
It's a okay job to help you get some experience with sales but not a job choice i would recommend especially through this company.
Pros
Gained experience improved in social and people skills
Cons
no health care, spent more money than i made through the company
Productive and fun place to work
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 12, 2015
There is no limit on how much you can earn. They come up with ways to reward you for reaching your goals. Co-workers work together to help each other advance. Very friendly environment with new projects regularly.
General office work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 4, 2015
A typical day at work is answering customer calls regarding their service. I learned to have better time management and reach deadlines in or more proficient manner. Management was new to position, the co workers were great for the most part. The hardest part of the job was bill due date because is was always hundreds of calls just waiting. The most enjoyable part of the job was location.
Pros
great location
Cons
wish management was more experienced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stream Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2