Stream Energy Employee Reviews

Energy company that is a Network Marketing Organization
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, GASeptember 26, 2018
I am an independent associate with Stream, and have been with the company for over 10 years. I have over 5000 associates in my organization and I am at the level of Executive Director. The company is a 3 Billion dollar organization and specializes in energy, phone service, and other services. I have been working part time throughout my business and retirement time. I retired from Brown Forman in 2013 and have now decided to get back into the workplace. My responsibilities with Stream have been recruiting, sales, training, and management.
Pros
Work your own schedule and a great culture
Great company to work for
Network Marketing (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLSeptember 17, 2018
Stream Energy is a great company to work for if you are willing to work. You have the ability to work on your own time. The hardest part is getting people to become customers, but it all pays off in the end. One thing I was always told was that getting a "no" from many people always means a "yes" is on the way.
No one comes to help set up meetings for YOU and your team
Energy Broker (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2018
Great opportunity but not enough help to keep teams focused. I really wanted to grow with the company but it was hard to get Texas teams to visit IL...
I worked autonomously in the field, my own work schedule. planning
Director, Northeast Field Development (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 31, 2018
I am a self motivated, organized Leader with excellent interpersonal skills. Strengthening independent representatives believe in Stream begins with building my credibility with the representatives.
Great Family enviorment
Customer Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 23, 2018
Stream Energy is a wonderful place to work , the upper management and the employees care about their company and the company cares for their employees.
Positive and fun
Independent Associate (Current Employee) –  Home BasedJune 22, 2018
Stream, you great your own hours and is a marketing ladder. The more your out and introducing the product the more you earn. But days can be very hot and tiring. When there are new clients (homes) then work is steady flow. But when Everyone has there place and pricing set. Them it becomes a little more difficult to sell the product. Which is cheaper therms for your gas bill.
Pros
Make your own hours
Cons
The door to door salesman
Productive and fun place to work for
Service Desk Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2018
Loved interning at Stream. Fun, family friendly & extremely helpful.
Everyone was polite, kind and seemed to genuinely enjoy working there. Great atmosphere, open environment and overall a great company.
I miss working for Stream Energy
Analyst/Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2018
I worked for this company until 2016 for just over two years and back then I had a family issue and needed to move out of NY and sadly at that time Stream didn't have offices for my role in that location. The company did their best to offer me any amount of unlimited paid time-off and even a solid remote work opportunity but I just knew that (at the time) I wouldn't be able to work competently as a consultant until I sort out my issues and get my personal life back on track. I was nudged to write this after I saw the company's philantrophy efforts report in the media. It really made me remember what kind of a job I had and what kind of a company I worked for. To this day I still believe Stream Energy is one of the most reputable energy providers in the nation! Their energy service is unprecedented. From an employee standpoint it's the best job I ever had, not because of my role, but because the company works for you as well and they care about their employees.
Pros
Company takes care of employees, offers amazing benefits, time off, other benefits
Cons
Absolutely none!
Great working environment
Telecommunications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2018
Working for Stream Energy was an educational experience that also allowed me to put my previous Linux, Windows, and networking experience to use. I was eventually moved into the Telecom department after assisting them with a phone system upgrade.
Pros
Great working environment, close to a Dart train stations.
Cons
Long hours during a datacenter migration, occasionally 18-20 hours a day including as weekends.
Excellent
Strategic Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXMarch 20, 2018
I've only been here a month, but the job is worth it. They pay well for a temp and it is a great place to work especially in the Legal department. Very nice environment.

Want to know more about Stream Energy?

Ask a question
very poor management
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 25, 2018
Suspicious management did not encourage or care about the employee. It is a MLM company and that culture shows among the employees. The politics is not visible, but hangs like an anvil
Thriving
Bilingual CSR (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 31, 2018
This company is a very culturally diverse company and really shows work from the bottom up. It’s a fast paced environment and demanding. The change in the industry is endless.
Opportunity to express your skills
Field Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2018
The responsibilities that are delegated to each team member are minimal. However, if you so choose, there are unlimited opportunities to be creative, analytical, and ambitious.
Pros
Free food and game area
Cons
Lots of turmoil surrounding how team wants to generated sales.
Senior Regulatory Complaint Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 26, 2018
Good environment and good atmosphere. Hours are good and good benefits. New building with good work space. Available parking with walking distance..
Stream started my career
Senior Business Analyst, Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2017
We worked hard and fast. And not just hard and fast, but HARD and FAST... for a long time. We started off small and quickly grew. Internally and with products across markets. During all of that we were a family. This was the best organization I have ever had the privileged of working for.
They see your potential, they invest in you, they value you.
And from what I can still tell: They are always looking for the next way to grow, improve, develop, strengthen.
Fun job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, PAAugust 12, 2017
If your interested in relationship marketing, want to reap the benifits of low cost utilities, and work from home the look into it. It's a great team building job and you're paid on accomplishments rather than hours.
Pros
Personal business
Cons
Pyramid
Great Culture, a little lacking in the benefits department.
Accounting Department (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 29, 2017
Stream is an excellent place for culture and family environment. On school holidays, a lot of parents will bring their children into work rather than have to pay for daycare. There are often company events and the company promotes a culture of fun and casual work environment, but also has a "hard work high reward" attitude.

The benefits are VERY expensive if you have a family, so figure that into your salary negotiations. If you have a family and need to insure them, expect to pay almost a grand a month to do so.

I enjoyed my time at Stream and would recommend it for someone who is interested.
Pros
Casual environment, family friendly.
Cons
Some lack of communication creates unknown expectations.
Growth and opportunity like no other
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2017
Stream has given me the opportunity to grow my career and presented me with opportunities to do what I love more than any other company could provide. Great team, great leadership, it's hard to find somewhere that truly cares about their people like Stream. Not to mention perks on my electricity bill don't hurt either.
Pros
Benefits are amazing, Work life balance is real, Energetic and innovative work environment, Ideas are heard
Opens doors with opportunity
Independent Associate (Current Employee) –  Addison, TX 75001June 19, 2017
Let me just say i have met some of the best people i have ever known through Stream. Everyone is so supportive. I have been in the business for a little over 3 months and I learn something new almost everyday. I can use my time wisely and dont have to worry about clocking in somewhere or being micro managed. I can also balance single motherhood and college student life at the same while earning income.
Pros
Free electricity
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 18, 2017
Good work life balance is possible. There is room for growth. Accountability is important and encouraged. Recent move to very nice office location in Addison, TX.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stream Energy. Our community is ready to answer.