Stream Energy Employee Reviews

I miss working for Stream Energy
Analyst/Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2018
I worked for this company until 2016 for just over two years and back then I had a family issue and needed to move out of NY and sadly at that time Stream didn't have offices for my role in that location. The company did their best to offer me any amount of unlimited paid time-off and even a solid remote work opportunity but I just knew that (at the time) I wouldn't be able to work competently as a consultant until I sort out my issues and get my personal life back on track. I was nudged to write this after I saw the company's philantrophy efforts report in the media. It really made me remember what kind of a job I had and what kind of a company I worked for. To this day I still believe Stream Energy is one of the most reputable energy providers in the nation! Their energy service is unprecedented. From an employee standpoint it's the best job I ever had, not because of my role, but because the company works for you as well and they care about their employees.
Pros
Company takes care of employees, offers amazing benefits, time off, other benefits
Cons
Absolutely none!
Energy company that is a Network Marketing Organization
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, GASeptember 26, 2018
I am an independent associate with Stream, and have been with the company for over 10 years. I have over 5000 associates in my organization and I am at the level of Executive Director. The company is a 3 Billion dollar organization and specializes in energy, phone service, and other services. I have been working part time throughout my business and retirement time. I retired from Brown Forman in 2013 and have now decided to get back into the workplace. My responsibilities with Stream have been recruiting, sales, training, and management.
Pros
Work your own schedule and a great culture
Changes over the years, it might be better
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2018
I saw the best and the worst of the company when I was there. First, there was a lot of growth, and then there was a change in leadership followed by layoffs. I think all the drastic changes are over now.
Pros
Some great leaders and good business
Cons
Cliques. lots of politics and favoritism
Enjoyed my job
Sr. Operation Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 8, 2018
Wonderful job and a great company good people great to work with. Great environment to work in, CEO is a great person to work for, a family oriented company.
I like it
Energy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 14, 2018
Stream is very fun to have very fun events I was glad that I was able to invest my money with this long-term residual income once again it's how you apply yourself that'll get you where you want to go
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Residual income payment only
Senior Regulatory Complaint Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 26, 2018
Good environment and good atmosphere. Hours are good and good benefits. New building with good work space. Available parking with walking distance..
Great Culture, a little lacking in the benefits department.
Accounting Department (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 29, 2017
Stream is an excellent place for culture and family environment. On school holidays, a lot of parents will bring their children into work rather than have to pay for daycare. There are often company events and the company promotes a culture of fun and casual work environment, but also has a "hard work high reward" attitude.

The benefits are VERY expensive if you have a family, so figure that into your salary negotiations. If you have a family and need to insure them, expect to pay almost a grand a month to do so.

I enjoyed my time at Stream and would recommend it for someone who is interested.
Pros
Casual environment, family friendly.
Cons
Some lack of communication creates unknown expectations.
Great company to work for
Network Marketing (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLSeptember 17, 2018
Stream Energy is a great company to work for if you are willing to work. You have the ability to work on your own time. The hardest part is getting people to become customers, but it all pays off in the end. One thing I was always told was that getting a "no" from many people always means a "yes" is on the way.
Growth and opportunity like no other
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2017
Stream has given me the opportunity to grow my career and presented me with opportunities to do what I love more than any other company could provide. Great team, great leadership, it's hard to find somewhere that truly cares about their people like Stream. Not to mention perks on my electricity bill don't hurt either.
Pros
Benefits are amazing, Work life balance is real, Energetic and innovative work environment, Ideas are heard
Great Family enviorment
Customer Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 23, 2018
Stream Energy is a wonderful place to work , the upper management and the employees care about their company and the company cares for their employees.
Great working environment
Telecommunications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2018
Working for Stream Energy was an educational experience that also allowed me to put my previous Linux, Windows, and networking experience to use. I was eventually moved into the Telecom department after assisting them with a phone system upgrade.
Pros
Great working environment, close to a Dart train stations.
Cons
Long hours during a datacenter migration, occasionally 18-20 hours a day including as weekends.
Positive and fun
Independent Associate (Current Employee) –  Home BasedJune 22, 2018
Stream, you great your own hours and is a marketing ladder. The more your out and introducing the product the more you earn. But days can be very hot and tiring. When there are new clients (homes) then work is steady flow. But when Everyone has there place and pricing set. Them it becomes a little more difficult to sell the product. Which is cheaper therms for your gas bill.
Pros
Make your own hours
Cons
The door to door salesman
No one comes to help set up meetings for YOU and your team
Energy Broker (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2018
Great opportunity but not enough help to keep teams focused. I really wanted to grow with the company but it was hard to get Texas teams to visit IL...
I worked autonomously in the field, my own work schedule. planning
Director, Northeast Field Development (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 31, 2018
I am a self motivated, organized Leader with excellent interpersonal skills. Strengthening independent representatives believe in Stream begins with building my credibility with the representatives.
Fun job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, PAAugust 12, 2017
If your interested in relationship marketing, want to reap the benifits of low cost utilities, and work from home the look into it. It's a great team building job and you're paid on accomplishments rather than hours.
Pros
Personal business
Cons
Pyramid
Productive and fun place to work for
Service Desk Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2018
Loved interning at Stream. Fun, family friendly & extremely helpful.
Everyone was polite, kind and seemed to genuinely enjoy working there. Great atmosphere, open environment and overall a great company.
Decent place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 24, 2017
There is a nice recognition process and opportunities to mix work and fun. The hardest part of the job was keeping ahead of all of the broken processes.
Pros
Close knit team in some departments, medical benefits, 401k match
Cons
Little room for promotion
Former start-up to corporate mentality
Customer Loyalty Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 30, 2012
Typical day - motivating employees, driving sales
Learned - finance, leadership skills
Co-workers - solid individuals
Hardest part of the job - knowing who to trust
Most enjoyable - daily interaction with direct reports
Pros
personal time off, 401k company match, work/life balance
Cons
new leadership does not live company mantras
Do your homework
Developer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 21, 2016
Stream is generally a good company to work for - however like many work places some managers are a lot more challenging to work for
Establish as much as you can about the position.
e.g. Hours, availability asked of you, expected turn around times, technology, challenges,
the managers style, attrition rate.
Pros
15 days PTO, work from home days, employer contribution to 401k and health insurance
Cons
Some managers are challenging to work for
saving people money on their energy usage,network marketing
Ignite and Stream Energy- Senior Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 18, 2016
Find ,qualify, train encourage, build relationships, with potential customers and bussiness partners on benefits of using [electricity or natural gas]or joining our family[team].Continued education and growth to help everyone you work with to be successful and create duplication.
Pros
flexable schedule, good residule income
Cons
hard to maintain downline success

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stream Energy. Our community is ready to answer.