Stream Global Services Employee Reviews for Technical Support

short breaks
Tech Support for Xbox 360 / Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 11, 2018
expected to answer multiple calls with only a 3 sec between calls. we was expected to give customers answers with out the knowlage of the product they was calling in about.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
No support
Call Center Job. Enough said.
Tech Support Agent L1 (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 25, 2018
What started off being a job where tech support was the primary task with sales being only if it would fix an issue or the customer wanted to purchase something turned into pushing sales more and more.
Pros
Never a lack of entertaining conversations in break areas.
Cons
Focused too much on getting customers off phone rather than fixing problems.
No Longer exists.
Technical Support Associate I (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMay 1, 2018
This company was purchased by Convergys, it no longer exists. Why are you having me write a review for a company that has ceased to be? It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace!
It was okay.
Technical Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMarch 8, 2018
NOTE: I worked there from Jan. 1998 to June 2000. So things may have changed a bit since I was there.

I worked phone tech support, answering customer calls to solve their technical problems with the product or service. Work hours were always early (4 AM PST for one team in order take east coast calls). Depending on the team and tech support contract, hours may vary quite a bit. One team I was on experimented with software driven scheduling and it was not a pleasant experience. My best work hours were having a 4x10 week instead of 5x8. That made for long days, but it was soooo worth it.

One thing I liked was having the balance of paid time off hours printed on the paycheck stub. Paid time off accumulates based on the time one puts in.

If you're young-ish and have some computer skillz, tech support is a great place to start one's career in the tech industry.
Pros
I had nice work hours (4x10 instead of the usual 5x8) during my final year.
Cons
Early and variable hours. It's tech support so the work is inherently a grind
Laid off
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 6, 2018
This company doesn't exist anymore. It was once a tech support position for AOL software. Now they've changed names and they deal with dell tech support I believe.
Call center
Technical support professional, Convergys (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJanuary 4, 2018
Getting hired here was the worst thing that's ever happened to me. Typical city loser environment of neckbeards and hipster faux-nerds. Job consisted of talking to the worst customers. Company would throw a position change on you at the drop of a hat. Over my 4 years, it was bought by convergys and the ship started taking on more and more water before inevitably sinking. Good job, Convergys.
Pros
Hot grills on Nike
Cons
Constant smell of sweat, desperation, and BO
Fun place to work
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 3, 2018
It was great that they paid for the training, everything I needed to know I had taught myself, I believe the training was about 8 weeks and they paid for the whole thing/
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
really, it seemed you could do the work at home
Telephone Tech
Telephone Technical Support Computers/Internet (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORDecember 28, 2017
Answering calls from customers that needed assistance with their dial up networking

I leaned a lot about TCP/IP networking, computers, and telephone service

management was fair but firm

the hardest part was trying to make the calls as short as possible

the most enjoyable part was helping people solve their problems
Pros
no strenuous activities
Cons
too much emphasis on taking as many calls as possile, not enough emphasis on actually solving the problem
Terrible call center
Tech Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORNovember 21, 2017
30 days training to start, then you're moved to the phones. Our role was retention as bad as it was it still got worse. 25 cent raise after 90 days, workload tripled as we were forced to take over 2 other roles as well, Billing and Connectivity, with no pay increase for the added workload. Managers did nothing but complain and data entry while the leads actually took the role of managers on phones for angry customers. Any time off had to be approved in a 3 tier system which meant you rarely got any time off.
Poor Management and salary
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, OROctober 29, 2017
Convergys is not dedicated to helping there customers which made there employees look bad to the customers when taking calls.
Coaches were not very helpful or caring more threatening to time management on calls expected calls to be competed in 8mins they did not take into consideration of what was going on on the other end with the customers equipment each call was different each case is different computers and ipad, androids, Iphones all work diffrent and depending there internet system there servers if it was moving slow or not working convergys did not take that into consideration. I mean Dell Tech support has to spend maybe an hour or more to fix computer issues.
Coaches would stand behind you letting you know your taking to long and the customer could hear. Just innapropriate
Pros
Cons
Low pay for hard work
very stressful workplace
Technical Support in French for Bel Canada (Former Employee) –  TunisOctober 24, 2017
working hours were really hard , night shifts weren't stable or flexible at all.
professionally speaking, it was a great opportunity to learn more about technical troubleshooting regarding customers requests
Pros
very imprtant opportunity to learn
Cons
inconvenient working hours
company closed
Helpdesk Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 4, 2017
take incoming calls and help customers with their IT issues. Helps customers fix Windows and Microsoft Office issues. Help co-workers when they needed help resolving customer issues.
Not a good place, at all.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORAugust 21, 2017
Working here was like an abusive relationship. You're wooed with with flowery words and gifts and all the nice stuff that draws you in. Then, 6 months in, all the gifts stop and nobody in management ever says anything nice to you ever again.
Call Center Workplace, Decent Work
Technical Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 25, 2017
Was decent place to work for. Hard for promotions and raises. Was bought out by Convergys. Healthcare was decent but was before Affordable Care Act and then rates jumped.
What I learned
Inbound and Outbound Technical Phone Support (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 16, 2017
What I learned about is how quick different types of software became obsolete and how some hardware devices can be activated just by pushing a button from their software database.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Fun, productive, nice neat environment,
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 12, 2017
Answers customer/client requests or inquiries concerning Sirius Satellite Radio services, products, billing, equipment, claims, and report problem areas that may be required to work in one or multiple queues/skill sets over various customer contact channel.
It wouldn't be first choice to apply for based on my own experience a 3 or 4 years ago.
AT&T & US Cellular Customer Rep/ Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 19, 2017
I enjoyed the culture, pay and location. However, they have some strict policies when it comes to customer verification. I made some mistakes verifying customer's identities and was escorted out. Very embarrassing and could have been avoided with practice or mentoring.
Pros
Break rooms with Game system, massage chairs and computers.
Cons
Too strict.
Friendly staff
Customer/Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 12, 2017
Salesforce training was extensive. It was an hour 8 class that lasted a few weeks. It felt rushed and I still did not feel comfortable with the product.
Pros
Dynamic business
Cons
Demanding very fast pace environment
Decent place to work.
Technical Support Mobility (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMarch 7, 2017
This company was bought out by Convergys, and continues to operate as a subsidiary of AT&T. The job itself was excellent, and very easy. However, the management of the company was extremely biased toward the employees with whom they had personal relationships. This made any kind of advancement very hard for those who were "out of favor" with the management team.
Pros
Good length of lunch, excellent hardware
No review at this time
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJanuary 9, 2017
There is no stream in ct sorry for the confusion. Therefore I do not have a review to give you at this time. Again my apologies for the mix up. Any questions feel free to email me

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stream Global Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

3.4Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

1.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Stream Global Services Reviews by Location