Stream Valley Veterinary Hospital

Stream Valley Veterinary Hospital Employee Reviews in Ashburn, VA

You’re seeing reviews in Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Found 9 reviews matching the search with 2 related reviews.
I wanted this place to be a really great place to work. It had good benefits, decent pay, and obviously working with animals is amazing. I also really enjoyed the fact that we were encouraged to jump in and get hands on with learning and advancing ourselves. The owner is an amazing veterinarian and I hoped to learn a ton while I was there.The big issue with this place was mostly the emotional environment. It was quickly apparent that no matter how well you did in your position, the first mistake that you made overshadowed every good thing you did. I often felt like I (and other workers) could not speak out about how we felt for fear of being reprimanded further.The owner also expected us to spend any and all of our free time (which there was not much of, despite her insistence) doing even more work. We were told that it wasn't required work, but, if we were looking to see any sort of praise or pay raise, we were expected to do it. Oh, and we were constantly threatened with being fired for not doing it or if anything else was going wrong in the slightest.In essence, if you are a workaholic, love animals, and don't mind being criticized every day, this is a great place for you, otherwise, stay away.
Pros
Benefits, time off, learning potential
Cons
Management, emotional environment
This is my absolute favorite job ever! Great place to work. Coworkers are great, but you do have some bad seeds, but what place doesn't. Owner is fantastic and makes sure everyone is actively learning, though, like anyone, she can have bad days. And the animals, they were the best part! The pet owners were great, too! All in all, this is a great place.
The 2 leads at CSR and the owner are just bullies There is no proper training. They expect you to automatically know the answer. You will get yelled at in front of clients and other employees if you get something wrong. The owner expects you to have no life outside work Always gives homework for you to do. Doesn’t matter what you have going on, and if you don’t do it threatens to cut your hours.
February 27, 2020
Thank you for your valuable input. We will take these statements into consideration and continue to strive to be an employer of choice.
Be prepared to be berated constantly. No matter what you do it is always wrong. Owner is always yelling at you in front of clients and coworkers I would not recommend working here .
February 27, 2020
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Overall poorly run practice. High turn over. Owner very difficult to work for. Terrible work/life balance with staff routinely expected to stay over time
February 27, 2020
Thank you for your valuable input, we will take these statements into consideration and continue to strive to be an employer of choice.
Very stressful place to work, bad management, expect to get yelled at often and treated like a child. Schedules are unreliable, you do not really get to pick when you work and they may change it last minute sometimes with no warning. Workplace is also very dirty and smells even after you clean. Only good part is the animals, who are all lovely and are the only good thing about working there.
February 27, 2020
Thank you for your valuable input. Schedules unfortunately can change depending on what's going on in the building at that time, as our schedules are created 4 weeks in advance, we must adjust accordingly, and sometimes this type of schedule flexibility is not easy, but we do our best to work with each employee. I agree that the animals are the best part of our day! Again, thank you for your input, we will strive to become an employer of choice.
Great benefits, pay is very nice, staff is amazing as well as the clients. Management is extremely poor. Communication is basically non existent and they do not listen to the needs of their employees. If you want to be treated with respect look else where.
Pros
Staff, clients, health benefits
Cons
Stressful, lack of communication, set up for failure.
I love animals and I went to school to be a vet tech. This started off being a dream job when moving to the Virginia area. The job was very taxing on my body but the animals almost made up for it.
I usually take care of the animals in the kennel, hospital, and isolation areas. I primarily feed, medicate,interact with, and clean up after the animals. Management is knowledgeable and wants to see you grow. It's a fast-paced environment, but feels rewarding when you're taking care of the animals and making their day by interacting with/helping them.