Strength United Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
Life Changing
Advocate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 12, 2017
What an amazing way to make a difference and to learn the impact that empathy and human connection can make in a time of crisis. I wish that I could still do this work.
Amazing place
ADVOCATE (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAOctober 28, 2017
This is such a wonderful place to intern at. It is a non-profit organization who truly focuses on helping their clients. They provide so many resources to those in need.
A great learning opportunity
In-Home Outreach Counselor (intern) (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAApril 17, 2017
As an IHOC you have the ability to make your own schedule and provide various interventions with families. This place did not offer too much structure which can be good if you 1) have your own structure 2) need to learn how to be more structured. You learn more of an understanding of DCFS.
Pros
flexible
Cons
DCFS contact
Casual Work Environment
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJuly 12, 2015
The agency has a relaxed environment, in which you have minimal supervision. Co-workers are great, but leadership needs a lot of work.
safe, and rewarding
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CADecember 23, 2014
a typical day at strength united consists of informing survivors of unfortunate crimes of the support they have available to them. What I personally have overcome many obstacle in working with victims of these crimes. The management is supportive, and always available. my co-workers are very passionate, and supportive. The hardest part of the job is that everyone does not want the help offered to them. The most enjoyable part of the job, is working side by side with professionals like, Police Officers, and Marriage and Family Therapists
Pros
the support i receive from the supervisors.
Cons
I wish that this was my career, and I was being paid.
Amazing place
Advocate (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJuly 30, 2014
Receiving calls of victims and offer them the support needed. I have learned to feel compassion and to be more understanding of victims of sexually assault and domestic violence. My supervisors are very nice and helpful.