Stretch Zone Employee Reviews

Not recommended
Stretch Practitioner (Former Employee) –  MichiganOctober 29, 2018
When I began working here as a stretch practitioner, I sat around for 9 hours only having 1 or 2 clients for not more than an hour of actual work. You only get paid when with a client, but you’re expected to stay at the store and be available for clients if they walk in without an appointment scheduled. So for 8 hours a day, I was not paid, but expected to be available at the store. The worst part is that as a stretch practitioner, you have no control of gaining new clients, it’s based on who the general manager schedules the new clients with. The owners and managers say we can call clients and use the software to book our schedules, but there’s only 2 phones and computers in the store which the manager and receptionists are almost always using, still leaving me with nothing to do for 8 or so hours a day and have no control of gaining new clients. After 6-8 weeks my schedule built up to working with clients a little over half the time I was there which was good. Then they hired more stretch practitioners and they were given a bunch of my clients and were back at square one.

TLDR; poor employee treatment, borderline illegal pay structure I think?
Pros
Coworkers are fun
Cons
No benefits, horrible hours, low pay, poor management
Not worth it
r Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Cooper City, FLOctober 5, 2018
Unless your schedule is full of clients you’re not going to make any money. Poor management at the location that I worked at, we went through many managers because they weren’t getting any clients in the door.
horrible management, pay is low and unstable
Stretch Practictioner (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Management is horrible and hours and long with low pay. There are. no benefits. Beware of the knowledge of the stretch "practitioners". Management has no clue how to run a business. Run from this job.
Pros
clients are great
Cons
no raises, no benefits, long hours, no commission & horrible management.
Exploitative company who takes advantage of their practitioners
Stretch Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Boca RatonAugust 22, 2018
Sadly Stretch Zones success as a company is because they grossly underpay and undervalue their practitioners. The most “successful” managers will dispose of any practitioners who don’t make them and the company money. They’re a company who’s essentially making bodyworkers out of fitness trainers and they really don’t care that the pay the offer for the kind of work their practitioners do is way below what the work warrants. The bodywork is a good system, however it’s essentially Thai massage on the table adapted to the westerners sensibilities. It’s a shame that they disrespect the bodywork and their employees so much that they don’t even pay them a living wage nor do they offer a single benefit.
Pros
Bodywork is legit, peeps are cool
Cons
Everything else.. not nearly enough pay, zero benefits, company attitude of employees being disposable
Poor place to work
Stretch practitioner (Former Employee) –  Fort LauderdaleAugust 21, 2018
I was the first practitioner at the Fort Lauderdale studio. In the very beginning, I was busy with clients (granted I was the only one stretching), but over time things got worse. Days were long and clients were too flaky. The manager was great! He and I were friends and we tried to make the studio really work. But corporate is a joke and it just wasnt fun anymore. Long hours of stretching killed my back. I remember leaving during lunch to go see my chiropractor due to back pain. It’s an ok job if you want to do it part time. Not a real full time job.
Pros
Come and go as you please
Cons
No benefits, no hourly pay.
Sneaky
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FL 32746August 19, 2018
I worked at the central Florida location. There was nothing to do at the front desk, but you would be yelled at all day to find something to do. You had to harass potential clients by calling them texting them and emailing them three times a day no mater what. They began to believe that they didn’t need a front desk anymore and started to cut hours to 3 or 4 everyday. The pay is horrendous. The stretchers only get paid 10 a stretch and they don’t trust giving clients to new people so they won’t book you a full schedule. There is no heavy business because their pricing is ridiculous.
Pros
Got to wear leggings
Fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLAugust 8, 2018
Very friendly staff and management. I learned how to answer the phones and schedule appointments. I would definitely recommend working here. The management is awesome!!
Scam so the owner can get wealthy
Stretch practitioner (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 30, 2018
Stretch Zone they will make you work plenty of hours with no clients or spread out clients for free. They want you to do everything for the clients but if the client cancels you don't get paid. You will sit there for long hours and be condescended to by the owner or your manager, they don't care about their employees they don't pay for training. If you can work there you will go broke just save yourself the time unless you're a child living in a playhouse you will be just fine. Broward stretch zones are a joke as well their owners. Little inconfident spoiled owners very pushy and full of it.
Cons
The job
Stretch Zone
Sales/Stretch Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 20, 2018
Could have large gaps between clients which equal a lot of down time. If clients cancel and you already showed up to work you are not compensated. I learned about customer service through the large variety of clientele that came to the store.
Great & Painful Experience
stretch practitioner (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJuly 18, 2018
If you are new to personal training, work at Stretch Zone. You will learn so much about the human body and how to stretch a person properly. You will make people feel better, stand taller and perhaps give them a bit of confidence. You will also hone your people skills - all of this, of course, if you apply yourself. You will also learn about your own body, what you can take, what you need to work on more in the gym. You will probably get symptoms of carpel tunnel, an impinged nerve, a bulging disc or two and definitely some sore muscles of which you weren't aware.

If you are an opportunist, take advantage of the opportunity to pick up clients at SZ. If you are a massage therapist or personal trainer, you can absolutely sell your services and perhaps pick up a client or two which will supplement your wages. You can also sell supplements or healthy food you may make yourself. You will certainly have a captive audience for at least 28 minutes... and if you are good at stretching, they will be receptive to your advice on other health issues. Massage therapists seem to pick up more clients than personal trainers - and they seem to be better at the body work than personal trainers. I suppose this is the 1000 hours of body work training they have to do to get licensed. At any rate, massage therapists - take heed!

If you are older (40), please be very aware as to how your body feels when working. If you have existing disc problems they will get aggravated with all the hard labor you will be doing. If taking a job at a warehouse shlepping heavy boxes is not an option for you,
  more... neither is this job - because it is JUST AS HARD or harder than a warehouse job. You will have very large and or very tight people which translates to A LOT of resistance. You will also have small limber people - but the ones you will remember when you go to bed at night are the ones that cause you pain. If you have a big ego plus previous injury, well... don't say I didn't warn you. Whatever you make (and more) will be spent in therapy trying to recover. Ask me how I know.

I am grateful to have worked for SZ as I have learned so much - how to stretch people properly, how to make small talk, how to connect better. I have met some amazing people who have impacted my life to become an even better person. I have become more aware of my limitations and resilience. I have had a hard lesson of my worth - and I am worth so much more than $10 per stretch, unpaid cancelled appointments and work off the clock. But as a learning tool, all of it was worth it. I am a better personal trainer and even more inspired to help people move and feel better.

I have read several of the reviews of other workers on this site - and I have to say, the management at the Boynton Beach store was superb. Management was understanding of conflicts in schedule with other jobs/clients, as well as physical issues - because she had been there and done it herself. Management is going to vary where ever you go... so don't let that deter you. Go and do - Learn all you can and enjoy the process. Just be careful of your own limitations - yes, you have them!! :)
Pros
learning, becoming more compassionate, helping people, set your own schedule
Cons
compensation, benefits, laborious and potentially hazardous
Poor management
Stretch practitioner (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 17, 2018
I was over qualified for the job and they treated me low. Very low pay, unpaid training. This place can be much better without this greediness. I got fired with out even being told. Very unprofessional way.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Unpaid long training, unappreciative management.
Poor ownership and upper management
Studio Associate (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 28, 2018
The concept of stretch zone is great. People love the service and you meet some really great people. That, unfortunately is the only positive of working at the Nashville location. The owner lives out of state and has several locations in the area he lives in. It is clear that his main concern is the stores close to him. The only time we hear from him is during our weekly conference call, which ends up being cancelled more than half the time. He expects his studio associates to do all the marketing, sales, and do appointments for basically $12.50 an hour. Marketing is hard for this company because the owner will not put any money into it. Customer Service is also poor. There have been way too many instances where customers have contacted customer service to cancel their memberships and then were continuously charged. There is also a local owner, but he only comes in to deliver supplies if we are low.
No Compensation
Stretch Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Central FloridaJune 12, 2018
Seems that the concept of this is getting people to work free literally. Training is for 1 week-long, consisting of 9 hours per day NOT PAID. Travel distance is 40 min to 1 hr each way to the training location. Afterward, be placed in a Stretch Zone location with no hourly pay. You make $10 per stretch client. They do say they’ll try to schedule all your clients back to back so you can possibly have 4-6 clients in a four-hour shift, but idt they have the customers to provide. Your income is totally relied upon what customers you are provided with by their salespeople. If someone cancels their session, you have no money for driving there, being present, and ready to work. The prices of Stretch Zone I believe are out of reach for most people at upwards of $200-$600 for 1-2 sessions a month to unlimited monthly, but who has $600 to spend a month stretching in this economy unless you’re wealthy. I think the super high fees they charge are going to limit clients as well as limit who has the time to work for free.
Pros
Clean, professional studios.
Cons
No paid training, no set salary, no client cancellation pay.
Stifiling With no Support or Advancement
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 10, 2018
This is specific to the Central Florida locations. Management is struggling to keep the owner happy and the owner wants to spend zero money. This means the stores are always understaffed and under supplied.
Boca Raton store is terrible, owner might even try to fight you
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 8, 2018
Careful when applying for this job, the store is managed by a scum bag. I tried to apply and the manager actually tried to fight me it was stunning. Wouldn't recommend going here, really wouldn't recommend working here. You've been warned
Pros
nothing
Cons
scumbag manager
Promises not kept
front desk (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 23, 2018
The company has a good thing going on flexibility is an important component of exercise but their vision is on making money not so much customer or staff well being.
Pros
meeting new clients
Cons
low wages promises not kept
Poor job
Stretch practitioner (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 4, 2018
To much physical work for not enough pay. If they paid better and had a better scheduling system I would of stayed. Maybe they will fix their issues in the future
Too many cancellations from clients.
Many new hires quit bc you don't get filled quickly enough until someone quits then you get theres.
Pay goes up and down
Make more training at a gym
Pros
Fun
Cons
Not enough pay for the work that is required
Awesome Employees and even better customers
Employee (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 2, 2018
Such a fun place to work! Relaxed environment, great employees who bonded, but the best part was the customers. When the customers love your product and the employees believe in what their doing, it creates an incredible work environment.
Low Pay
Stretch Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 21, 2018
The business concept is genius in profiting quickly. The biggest expense is training Stretchers. Why not pay them better and incentive them to stay? Living off an inconsistent paycheck is not reasonable and on top of that it's physically demanding. You can work extremely hard for mediocre pay.

Greedy pay structure overall, but expect free work hours from you at times. And the 20 you MAY make the hour is if you're booked back to back. You may just spend on rehab or wrist braces for your self.

Of course the only positive reviews would come from the manager which shouldn't lie on a this platform to get employees. Instead of trying to cover up issues how about actually fixing them?
Pros
Quitting
Cons
No Benefits, Inconsistent pay, poor management
You get paid very well if you are motivated
Stretch Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 20, 2018
If you are willing to work hard to be personable and friendly with each client, you should have no problem filling your schedule. It involves being on your feet and moving while you work, which requires physical effort. If you do not open your schedule enough as a full-time worker, you will find it difficult to make as much as you want. This job is great for highly motivated and personable people who are willing to put in the hours to make great pay.
Pros
Free food at meetings, fun environment, learn about the body
Cons
Physical effort