Stretch Zone Employee Reviews

Do not apply here
Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 6, 2019
Dont waste your time applying. False promises of working here. Its a joke when they say 20$ an hour!!! Its actually really 10$. With a college degree i would highly suggest not even bothering unless you want to be broke and not able to afford anything. Managers also try to make you do their job and not compensate you. Scam scam scam
Beware stay away
Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 25, 2018
Beware!!! They do not pay what they advertise and will expect you to work for free with no compensation. The so called owner is very unprofessional and very rude and treats employees like garbage save your time do not apply.
Also has very unethical polices that scams customer's.
Pros
Meet cool people
Cons
Owner doesnt know how to manage
You will not get paid what they promise
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLDecember 9, 2018
What stretch zone does for clients is a good service but when they advertise you will make 20-25 an hour that is a joke. The general manager also treats employees with a bit of disrespect!
No Compensation for your hard work
Stretch Practitioner/ Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 24, 2018
It’s impossible to make money here, managers don’t stay and clients see that. The truth is not told you you when hiring employees. Managers are only glorified sales people who police their coworkers because they think they are actually managing a store when all they do is call potentional prospects and answer the phone when it rings. It’s all scripts and no originality, they do not have staff in place that knows what they are doing and they are very deceptive. Be careful thinking you will get what you think you are bargaining for like a stable position where you can actually make money.
Pros
Helping people relived pain temporarily
Cons
Everything from the moment you have the first interview. No pay, no consideration for employees.
At the mercy of others
Stretch Practitioner (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 19, 2018
You are only getting paid when working with clients, which wouldn’t be a problem if clients were plentiful. The problem is often they aren’t. You don’t get paid if you aren’t working with a client, so you have to sit around, spend your time there, and not get paid for it. You could scheudle yourself to work a ton of hours, but that doesn’t mean anything if you don’t get any clients on your schedule. And you aren’t the one to schedule them, either clients sign up on an app or the general manager schedules them on practitioners. Essentially, you are on call just to stretch, and you might only have one or two people on your schedule with hours of break in between. It does not feel worth it to drive to do one stretch just to wait around for hours or maybe head home to come back and do another stretch.

You can get lucky with the manager in charge of the store, mine was great, friendly, and enjoyable. However, the upper management/franchisees/corporate clearly has no idea what they’re doing. Practitioners are treated as disposable and never really get a full schedule. Even if your schedule was full its physically demanding work for mediocre pay. If they want their practitioners to stick around then they should compensate them accordingly, and all my coworkers agree. Getting enough clients will probably never happen because the price of the service is ridiculously high. Don’t work here.
Pros
Coworkers were great
Cons
Lousy pay, poor scheduling, poor upper management, no benefits
Not recommended
Stretch Practitioner (Former Employee) –  MichiganOctober 29, 2018
When I began working here as a stretch practitioner, I sat around for 9 hours only having 1 or 2 clients for not more than an hour of actual work. You only get paid when with a client, but you’re expected to stay at the store and be available for clients if they walk in without an appointment scheduled. So for 8 hours a day, I was not paid, but expected to be available at the store. The worst part is that as a stretch practitioner, you have no control of gaining new clients, it’s based on who the general manager schedules the new clients with. The owners and managers say we can call clients and use the software to book our schedules, but there’s only 2 phones and computers in the store which the manager and receptionists are almost always using, still leaving me with nothing to do for 8 or so hours a day and have no control of gaining new clients. After 6-8 weeks my schedule built up to working with clients a little over half the time I was there which was good. Then they hired more stretch practitioners and they were given a bunch of my clients and were back at square one.

TLDR; poor employee treatment, borderline illegal pay structure I think?
Pros
Coworkers are fun
Cons
No benefits, horrible hours, low pay, poor management
Not worth it
r Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Cooper City, FLOctober 5, 2018
Unless your schedule is full of clients you’re not going to make any money. Poor management at the location that I worked at, we went through many managers because they weren’t getting any clients in the door.
horrible management, pay is low and unstable
Stretch Practictioner (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Management is horrible and hours and long with low pay. There are. no benefits. Beware of the knowledge of the stretch "practitioners". Management has no clue how to run a business. Run from this job.
Pros
clients are great
Cons
no raises, no benefits, long hours, no commission & horrible management.
Very healthy treatment
STRETCH PRACTITIONER (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 31, 2018
I have helped a lot of those that I have served during my time. Many had different type of issues. Such as tight muscles, cianic pain or others... It was very challenging, but, significant to those who were having tough time to get flexible.
Pros
Times to times break in the middle of each stretch
Cons
no benefits at all
Exploitative company who takes advantage of their practitioners
Stretch Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Boca RatonAugust 22, 2018
Sadly Stretch Zones success as a company is because they grossly underpay and undervalue their practitioners. The most “successful” managers will dispose of any practitioners who don’t make them and the company money. They’re a company who’s essentially making bodyworkers out of fitness trainers and they really don’t care that the pay the offer for the kind of work their practitioners do is way below what the work warrants. The bodywork is a good system, however it’s essentially Thai massage on the table adapted to the westerners sensibilities. It’s a shame that they disrespect the bodywork and their employees so much that they don’t even pay them a living wage nor do they offer a single benefit.
Pros
Bodywork is legit, peeps are cool
Cons
Everything else.. not nearly enough pay, zero benefits, company attitude of employees being disposable

Want to know more about Stretch Zone?

Ask a question
Poor place to work
Stretch practitioner (Former Employee) –  Fort LauderdaleAugust 21, 2018
I was the first practitioner at the Fort Lauderdale studio. In the very beginning, I was busy with clients (granted I was the only one stretching), but over time things got worse. Days were long and clients were too flaky. The manager was great! He and I were friends and we tried to make the studio really work. But corporate is a joke and it just wasnt fun anymore. Long hours of stretching killed my back. I remember leaving during lunch to go see my chiropractor due to back pain. It’s an ok job if you want to do it part time. Not a real full time job.
Pros
Come and go as you please
Cons
No benefits, no hourly pay.
Sneaky
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FL 32746August 19, 2018
I worked at the central Florida location. There was nothing to do at the front desk, but you would be yelled at all day to find something to do. You had to harass potential clients by calling them texting them and emailing them three times a day no mater what. They began to believe that they didn’t need a front desk anymore and started to cut hours to 3 or 4 everyday. The pay is horrendous. The stretchers only get paid 10 a stretch and they don’t trust giving clients to new people so they won’t book you a full schedule. There is no heavy business because their pricing is ridiculous.
Pros
Got to wear leggings
Fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLAugust 8, 2018
Very friendly staff and management. I learned how to answer the phones and schedule appointments. I would definitely recommend working here. The management is awesome!!
Scam so the owner can get wealthy
Stretch practitioner (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 30, 2018
Stretch Zone they will make you work plenty of hours with no clients or spread out clients for free. They want you to do everything for the clients but if the client cancels you don't get paid. You will sit there for long hours and be condescended to by the owner or your manager, they don't care about their employees they don't pay for training. If you can work there you will go broke just save yourself the time unless you're a child living in a playhouse you will be just fine. Broward stretch zones are a joke as well their owners. Little inconfident spoiled owners very pushy and full of it.
Cons
The job
Stretch Zone
Sales/Stretch Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 20, 2018
Could have large gaps between clients which equal a lot of down time. If clients cancel and you already showed up to work you are not compensated. I learned about customer service through the large variety of clientele that came to the store.
Great & Painful Experience
stretch practitioner (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJuly 18, 2018
If you are new to personal training, work at Stretch Zone. You will learn so much about the human body and how to stretch a person properly. You will make people feel better, stand taller and perhaps give them a bit of confidence. You will also hone your people skills - all of this, of course, if you apply yourself. You will also learn about your own body, what you can take, what you need to work on more in the gym. You will probably get symptoms of carpel tunnel, an impinged nerve, a bulging disc or two and definitely some sore muscles of which you weren't aware.

If you are an opportunist, take advantage of the opportunity to pick up clients at SZ. If you are a massage therapist or personal trainer, you can absolutely sell your services and perhaps pick up a client or two which will supplement your wages. You can also sell supplements or healthy food you may make yourself. You will certainly have a captive audience for at least 28 minutes... and if you are good at stretching, they will be receptive to your advice on other health issues. Massage therapists seem to pick up more clients than personal trainers - and they seem to be better at the body work than personal trainers. I suppose this is the 1000 hours of body work training they have to do to get licensed. At any rate, massage therapists - take heed!

If you are older (40), please be very aware as to how your body feels when working. If you have existing disc problems they will get aggravated with all the hard labor you will be doing. If taking a job at a warehouse shlepping heavy boxes is not an option for you,
  more... neither is this job - because it is JUST AS HARD or harder than a warehouse job. You will have very large and or very tight people which translates to A LOT of resistance. You will also have small limber people - but the ones you will remember when you go to bed at night are the ones that cause you pain. If you have a big ego plus previous injury, well... don't say I didn't warn you. Whatever you make (and more) will be spent in therapy trying to recover. Ask me how I know.

I am grateful to have worked for SZ as I have learned so much - how to stretch people properly, how to make small talk, how to connect better. I have met some amazing people who have impacted my life to become an even better person. I have become more aware of my limitations and resilience. I have had a hard lesson of my worth - and I am worth so much more than $10 per stretch, unpaid cancelled appointments and work off the clock. But as a learning tool, all of it was worth it. I am a better personal trainer and even more inspired to help people move and feel better.

I have read several of the reviews of other workers on this site - and I have to say, the management at the Boynton Beach store was superb. Management was understanding of conflicts in schedule with other jobs/clients, as well as physical issues - because she had been there and done it herself. Management is going to vary where ever you go... so don't let that deter you. Go and do - Learn all you can and enjoy the process. Just be careful of your own limitations - yes, you have them!! :)
Pros
learning, becoming more compassionate, helping people, set your own schedule
Cons
compensation, benefits, laborious and potentially hazardous
Poor management
Stretch practitioner (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 17, 2018
I was over qualified for the job and they treated me low. Very low pay, unpaid training. This place can be much better without this greediness. I got fired with out even being told. Very unprofessional way.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Unpaid long training, unappreciative management.
Poor ownership and upper management
Studio Associate (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 28, 2018
The concept of stretch zone is great. People love the service and you meet some really great people. That, unfortunately is the only positive of working at the Nashville location. The owner lives out of state and has several locations in the area he lives in. It is clear that his main concern is the stores close to him. The only time we hear from him is during our weekly conference call, which ends up being cancelled more than half the time. He expects his studio associates to do all the marketing, sales, and do appointments for basically $12.50 an hour. Marketing is hard for this company because the owner will not put any money into it. Customer Service is also poor. There have been way too many instances where customers have contacted customer service to cancel their memberships and then were continuously charged. There is also a local owner, but he only comes in to deliver supplies if we are low.
No Compensation
Stretch Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Central FloridaJune 12, 2018
Seems that the concept of this is getting people to work free literally. Training is for 1 week-long, consisting of 9 hours per day NOT PAID. Travel distance is 40 min to 1 hr each way to the training location. Afterward, be placed in a Stretch Zone location with no hourly pay. You make $10 per stretch client. They do say they’ll try to schedule all your clients back to back so you can possibly have 4-6 clients in a four-hour shift, but idt they have the customers to provide. Your income is totally relied upon what customers you are provided with by their salespeople. If someone cancels their session, you have no money for driving there, being present, and ready to work. The prices of Stretch Zone I believe are out of reach for most people at upwards of $200-$600 for 1-2 sessions a month to unlimited monthly, but who has $600 to spend a month stretching in this economy unless you’re wealthy. I think the super high fees they charge are going to limit clients as well as limit who has the time to work for free.
Pros
Clean, professional studios.
Cons
No paid training, no set salary, no client cancellation pay.
Stifiling With no Support or Advancement
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 10, 2018
This is specific to the Central Florida locations. Management is struggling to keep the owner happy and the owner wants to spend zero money. This means the stores are always understaffed and under supplied.