Stretch Zone Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLAugust 8, 2018
Very friendly staff and management. I learned how to answer the phones and schedule appointments. I would definitely recommend working here. The management is awesome!!
Scam so the owner can get wealthy
Stretch practitioner (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 30, 2018
Stretch Zone they will make you work plenty of hours with no clients or spread out clients for free. They want you to do everything for the clients but if the client cancels you don't get paid. You will sit there for long hours and be condescended to by the owner or your manager, they don't care about their employees they don't pay for training. If you can work there you will go broke just save yourself the time unless you're a child living in a playhouse you will be just fine. Broward stretch zones are a joke as well their owners. Little inconfident spoiled owners very pushy and full of it.
Cons
The job
Great & Painful Experience
stretch practitioner (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJuly 18, 2018
If you are new to personal training, work at Stretch Zone. You will learn so much about the human body and how to stretch a person properly. You will make people feel better, stand taller and perhaps give them a bit of confidence. You will also hone your people skills - all of this, of course, if you apply yourself. You will also learn about your own body, what you can take, what you need to work on more in the gym. You will probably get symptoms of carpel tunnel, an impinged nerve, a bulging disc or two and definitely some sore muscles of which you weren't aware.

If you are an opportunist, take advantage of the opportunity to pick up clients at SZ. If you are a massage therapist or personal trainer, you can absolutely sell your services and perhaps pick up a client or two which will supplement your wages. You can also sell supplements or healthy food you may make yourself. You will certainly have a captive audience for at least 28 minutes... and if you are good at stretching, they will be receptive to your advice on other health issues. Massage therapists seem to pick up more clients than personal trainers - and they seem to be better at the body work than personal trainers. I suppose this is the 1000 hours of body work training they have to do to get licensed. At any rate, massage therapists - take heed!

If you are older (40), please be very aware as to how your body feels when working. If you have existing disc problems they will get aggravated with all the hard labor you will be doing. If taking a job at a warehouse shlepping heavy boxes is not an option for you,
  more... neither is this job - because it is JUST AS HARD or harder than a warehouse job. You will have very large and or very tight people which translates to A LOT of resistance. You will also have small limber people - but the ones you will remember when you go to bed at night are the ones that cause you pain. If you have a big ego plus previous injury, well... don't say I didn't warn you. Whatever you make (and more) will be spent in therapy trying to recover. Ask me how I know.

I am grateful to have worked for SZ as I have learned so much - how to stretch people properly, how to make small talk, how to connect better. I have met some amazing people who have impacted my life to become an even better person. I have become more aware of my limitations and resilience. I have had a hard lesson of my worth - and I am worth so much more than $10 per stretch, unpaid cancelled appointments and work off the clock. But as a learning tool, all of it was worth it. I am a better personal trainer and even more inspired to help people move and feel better.

I have read several of the reviews of other workers on this site - and I have to say, the management at the Boynton Beach store was superb. Management was understanding of conflicts in schedule with other jobs/clients, as well as physical issues - because she had been there and done it herself. Management is going to vary where ever you go... so don't let that deter you. Go and do - Learn all you can and enjoy the process. Just be careful of your own limitations - yes, you have them!! :)
Pros
learning, becoming more compassionate, helping people, set your own schedule
Cons
compensation, benefits, laborious and potentially hazardous
Poor management
Stretch practitioner (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 17, 2018
I was over qualified for the job and they treated me low. Very low pay, unpaid training. This place can be much better without this greediness. I got fired with out even being told. Very unprofessional way.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Unpaid long training, unappreciative management.
Poor ownership and upper management
Studio Associate (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 28, 2018
The concept of stretch zone is great. People love the service and you meet some really great people. That, unfortunately is the only positive of working at the Nashville location. The owner lives out of state and has several locations in the area he lives in. It is clear that his main concern is the stores close to him. The only time we hear from him is during our weekly conference call, which ends up being cancelled more than half the time. He expects his studio associates to do all the marketing, sales, and do appointments for basically $12.50 an hour. Marketing is hard for this company because the owner will not put any money into it. Customer Service is also poor. There have been way too many instances where customers have contacted customer service to cancel their memberships and then were continuously charged. There is also a local owner, but he only comes in to deliver supplies if we are low.
No Compensation
Stretch Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Central FloridaJune 12, 2018
Seems that the concept of this is getting people to work free literally. Training is for 1 week-long, consisting of 9 hours per day NOT PAID. Travel distance is 40 min to 1 hr each way to the training location. Afterward, be placed in a Stretch Zone location with no hourly pay. You make $10 per stretch client. They do say they’ll try to schedule all your clients back to back so you can possibly have 4-6 clients in a four-hour shift, but idt they have the customers to provide. Your income is totally relied upon what customers you are provided with by their salespeople. If someone cancels their session, you have no money for driving there, being present, and ready to work. The prices of Stretch Zone I believe are out of reach for most people at upwards of $200-$600 for 1-2 sessions a month to unlimited monthly, but who has $600 to spend a month stretching in this economy unless you’re wealthy. I think the super high fees they charge are going to limit clients as well as limit who has the time to work for free.
Pros
Clean, professional studios.
Cons
No paid training, no set salary, no client cancellation pay.
Stifiling With no Support or Advancement
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 10, 2018
This is specific to the Central Florida locations. Management is struggling to keep the owner happy and the owner wants to spend zero money. This means the stores are always understaffed and under supplied.
Boca Raton store is terrible, owner might even try to fight you
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 8, 2018
Careful when applying for this job, the store is managed by a scum bag. I tried to apply and the manager actually tried to fight me it was stunning. Wouldn't recommend going here, really wouldn't recommend working here. You've been warned
Pros
nothing
Cons
scumbag manager
watching clients improve feels great!
Stretch Practictioner (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 6, 2018
Great atmosphere to work in! Where your socks and workout clothes all day! Listen to great music and help relieve sciatic pain and improve range of motion. You also get to listen to great music and I have met so many interesting/fun people!

If you work hard this job can really pay off!
Pros
Learned to stretch people/promoted quickly/fun atmosphere
Promises not kept
front desk (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 23, 2018
The company has a good thing going on flexibility is an important component of exercise but their vision is on making money not so much customer or staff well being.
Pros
meeting new clients
Cons
low wages promises not kept
Poor job
Stretch practitioner (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 4, 2018
To much physical work for not enough pay. If they paid better and had a better scheduling system I would of stayed. Maybe they will fix their issues in the future
Too many cancellations from clients.
Many new hires quit bc you don't get filled quickly enough until someone quits then you get theres.
Pay goes up and down
Make more training at a gym
Pros
Fun
Cons
Not enough pay for the work that is required
Awesome Employees and even better customers
Employee (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 2, 2018
Such a fun place to work! Relaxed environment, great employees who bonded, but the best part was the customers. When the customers love your product and the employees believe in what their doing, it creates an incredible work environment.
Low Pay
Stretch Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 21, 2018
The business concept is genius in profiting quickly. The biggest expense is training Stretchers. Why not pay them better and incentive them to stay? Living off an inconsistent paycheck is not reasonable and on top of that it's physically demanding. You can work extremely hard for mediocre pay.

Greedy pay structure overall, but expect free work hours from you at times. And the 20 you MAY make the hour is if you're booked back to back. You may just spend on rehab or wrist braces for your self.

Of course the only positive reviews would come from the manager which shouldn't lie on a this platform to get employees. Instead of trying to cover up issues how about actually fixing them?
Pros
Quitting
Cons
No Benefits, Inconsistent pay, poor management
You get paid very well if you are motivated
Stretch Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 20, 2018
If you are willing to work hard to be personable and friendly with each client, you should have no problem filling your schedule. It involves being on your feet and moving while you work, which requires physical effort. If you do not open your schedule enough as a full-time worker, you will find it difficult to make as much as you want. This job is great for highly motivated and personable people who are willing to put in the hours to make great pay.
Pros
Free food at meetings, fun environment, learn about the body
Cons
Physical effort
Fun place to be
Stretch practitioner (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 20, 2018
This place is awesome. They provide clients for me. Since I’m a hard worker, I have been very successful. If you are committed to working hard and can be flexible, you will do very well. If you slack off or limit your schedule, you won’t make as much. Great fast paced business. Lots of money to be made for the disciplined committed professional that wants to work hard and impact the lives of clients.
Pros
I’m in charge of my schedule
Great staff and flexible hours.
Stretch Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 19, 2018
Great management staff, and I love the fast paced dynamic. Work on your own schedule and get paid for appointments that you make on your own. The management is super supportive, and I love the relationships I've made with my regular patients.
Fun and innovative cooncept, deceptive pay
Stretch Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 11, 2018
This is a very fun and rewarding job. You can make up to $20 per hour, but you are only paid for the stretches you do, not how many hour you work. The clients and training are phenomenal. Scheduling is very sporadic. It is not a workable full time job. You do not make enough money for the physicality of the work. They are very deceptive about pay. Ended up leaving because I literally couldn't make rent.
Pros
Great clients, gratifying, training
Cons
no benefits, low pay, no set schedule
Smelly feet and huge gaps in day
Stretch Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAFebruary 8, 2018
At Stretch Zone you are handed clients from the general manager if they decide to sign up. Being matched with a client is based on your availability and fit. This becomes an issue because the manager decides who gets clients and who doesn’t. There were many days when I worked there that I would have a client at 9am then the next client at 6 pm and only 2 per day. Clients feet stank.
Pros
Great coworkers, work environment
Cons
Very inconsistent scheduling
Nice Environment to Work In
front desk manager (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLJanuary 29, 2018
My fellow co-workers are very pleasant and easy to communicate with. The hours work well with my afternoon schedule since I am a dance teacher in the late afternoon/ early evening.
A relaxed environment
Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 16, 2018
I didn't work there for very long, I was able to get my certificate as a practitioner and started working right after. It was fun while it lasted, I learned how to properly stretch someone and how to properly adjust when someone is uncomfortable.