Stride, Inc.

• Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

Great school environment.

The head of school is wonderful. Coworkers are great. Students are driven and want to succeed. The school offers a work life balance and opportunities to be creative.

Pros

Management, coworkers, students

Cons

The company needs to pay their teachers more

The people are the best part of Stride, Inc. Most all believe in what we do and work hard to ensure students grow from one year to the next. Students are the #1 reason we do what we do.

Pros

People

Cons

N/a

What others say is true

I taught at a virtual school in Michigan. Their cookie-cutter curriculum did not meet the needs of all students. I really felt sorry for the students. They deserve better. Clear lack of support from administrators and little to no mentorship. The technology platforms were either outdated, clunky, or in beta mode. Teachers are still overworked and underpaid, period, but this takes the cake. It was a living nightmare. Advice: Work in a real school district or leave the profession.

Pros

A prisoner in my own home

Cons

Read above

Garbage

A toxic work environment with micromanaging and false expectations. Upper management is totally clues as to how to do their job. If you kiss butt then you will succeed here. If you aren’t a favorite don’t expect to get anywhere

Pros

Cons

Everything.

I learn something new every day

No two days are ever the same -- but the company's mission always is. Our goal is to support learners of all ages and our ultimate measure of success is for our students to be placed in jobs.The people are the best part of working at Stride. They are passionate about what we do and go above and beyond. Going above and beyond, though, sometimes means that your schedule isn't a typical work day. It can be long and challenging -- but very rewarding.

Pros

Passionate workforce, Mission-driven organization

Cons

Long days

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Overworked overworked overworked

If your ready to pull 62.5hrs a week at the beginning of the school year then this is the job for you! You are micro managed and timed. They want the impossible possible.

Cons

Short breaks, micromanaged, rude customers

Went from amazing to horrible

It started out so great but after we went work from home no one was communicating with the employees about pay changes, tiers, literally anything except productivity.

Pros

Vto offered, and used to be family environment

Cons

Communication, stress, not appreciative of employees

Seems ok so far...

It really depends what school within the company you work for. I can say that my school has been great so far - good people who are helpful! I can say the pay is underwhelming for the amount of work that is required (typical teacher complaint). I am newer, so I have a lot to learn. I feel neutral so far and will update as I spend more time in the position.

Pros

Wfh!

Cons

Pay, paperwork, many meetings

Flexible hours

Good benefits, great PTO/holidays, zero job security. My position was in jeopardy twice in two years. School level staff are very supportive, corporate level staff not so much.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Large caseloads

Depends a lot on management

If you have a good principal, this position is amazing. If your principal is not so great, can be miserable. Two years I had a wonderful principal and it was my dream job. Then principal changed and so did the job, completely.

Jobs at Stride, Inc.

See more jobs

Toxic work environment

It's all about bringing in money and manipulating data for management. Don't send your kids there. And don't work here. The management team spends so much money on themselves and rarely give the teachers raises.

At Risk Counselor

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS COMPANY!!!! This is a BUSINESS not an educational institution. They overwork you and underpay you!! Everything is about the BOTTOM LINE. They don't care about your health or your well-being and they don't really care about the students! If they did, they would allow the counselors to do their actual jobs!! This job was not what I expected!! You do not get a chance to really work with the students because of other demands of the job. Every request was last minute and you are expected to stop what you are doing to get the request done! You won't spend time actually doing the job you're hired for. The other staff speak to you as if you are one of the students. It seems they all lack professionalism, yet we are all supposed to be educated and credentialed to do these jobs. This business is subpar at minimum. PLEASE don't even waste your time applying for this sweatshop!

Pros

Remote Work

Cons

Low pay, high amount of work, lack of professionalism, high turnover rate

Toxic Work Environment

Teachers are not valued here. They make that very known to you and make sure that you are constantly aware that you are just a number. The school has a very high turnover rate for teachers and many quit within the first year. It is nice being able to work from home but you are constantly micromanaged. Administration has their favorites and they make this very apparent. The lack of organization from higher up is felt throughout the school and it makes for a lot of confusion. I would recommend choosing a different school that values teachers and not just administration.

Pros

Working from home, summers off

Cons

Micromanaging, no job security, poor morale, high teacher turnover rate

Good concept but low pay

I worked at a k12 school for two years. It was a good experience I liked my coworkers. But the pay is lower than regular public schools. The curriculum is great and the kids are great. I wish the pay was more comparable to other schools in my area.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Low pay

Teacher Sweatshop posing as a school.

This school only cares about the money the students are bringing in for them. Management is constantly changing and you never know what the current policy. Severely lacking an administration structure.

Pros

Cons

Bad management, toxic work culture.

Fast-paced workplace

Lots of detail-oriented decision making involved in reviewing admissions documents. An abundance of screens around the office to keep tabs on performance metrics.

This was awful!

This was by far the worst job I’ve ever had. They literally schedule your breaks for you, watch to make sure you are constantly on the phone, encourage constant cold calling to the same people daily. I was the top performer in my group and I was still let go. If you’re looking for a depressing, dead end job.. you’ve found it.

Pros

Remote

Cons

Scheduled short breaks, micromanaging

Flexible and positive workplace

I am a high school teacher. I am fully supported by my supervisors and coworkers. I enjoy teaching my students and the work-life balance is great. I plan on staying with this company for many years.

Pros

Work from home, flexibility, receptive manager, paid maternity leave

Cons

Salary

Solid workplace

Very good! Flexible allows time off when needed. Growth opportunity. Tuition reimbursement. Company has been understanding during the state of the country during this pandemic.

Pros

Work life balance

TVAH Review

**I wish I could rate this overall 2.5 stars**So, where do I begin? The pay is low, too low. The CTE/CRE Department is know as Stride Career Prep (SCP) (..formally Destinations Career Academy then Career Readiness Edcuation. This is the second name change within a year, which makes no sense. The prinicipal over CRE has recently separated from the company; reasons unknown. He would push & try to pump us up for his own advancement. This department is making stuedents take IBC which is good but to force them is a joke-these kids are virtual.Over the course of this school year administration has gone down hill-horrible.Monthy DDI individual & team meetings and that's dumb because what is said in the team meeting is repeated in the individual meeting-waste of time. They want you to do so much and it's crazy. Why would you have benchmark test during state mandated test? It just doesn't make sense. Overall it's all about passing rates as they get $$ based on it. 401K is trash-not worth investing in & the pay is trash..No TRS contribution.. Working from home is great, flexibility is great you get pto and sick days. The medical insurance isn't worth it. As much as this company makes, they can afford to pay teachers a minimum of $60K/yr. for the first year of employment. Every K12/Stride school is diffrent and this is specifically for Texas Virtual Academy Hallsville.

Pros

working from home

Cons

Low Pay, no TRS contributions

Admin doesn't care about teachers

I'd have preferred to give zero stars. Recently, new administration came in and determined the staff was not doing their job. There was no effort to get to know staff. Additionally, students complained that the new administration made no effort to contact students. Stride/K12 has had a motto of "students first" for several years, yet they hire administrators who don't have much interest in anything but test scores. Despite seasoned, experienced teachers explaining their methods, the new administration ignored data and research and made changes that are not in the best interest for students. These decisions includes reducing flexibility for staff and students alike, even though it advertises a flexible learning environment. The pay is not worth it for the rigid expectations; the flexibility is what made it work. No more.

Pros

Once upon a time there was flexibility

Cons

Lack of trust from administrators, lack of flexibility, upper administration doesn't seem to care about anything but test scores

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stride, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight