Strive

Strive Employee Reviews in New York, NY

Wonderful Company
Strive was an amazing place to work in, I was able to shift their workforce development department's yearly job placement outcomes from 35% to 85% by the time that I resigned.
Ok place to work
Always busy and productive but the workload can become overwhelming at times. But each day is always different and exciting. Good place to get your feet wet.
Appreciative.
The staff at Strive are very helpful and accommodating, they’re a lending hand for detrimental times. It’s a friendly insightful and inspirational environment that I will recommend and stand by.
Ok place to work
Really special group of people who can work and relate to the population served. Made me realize how fortunate I am, and that folks younger and younger are experiencing the down side of life
Nice job
Good started position for someone just getting into this field. I learned a lot of positive things here and grew as a person also expanded my work skills.
Pros
Fun working environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive and exciting place to work
Great employees to work with. Room for advancement and very compassionate to your personal needs. Underground parking available and great public transportation near.
hard but fair
the job at strive was a wonderful fast pace and learning experience.
the employee are friendly and if need help know how to speak to you as an equally rather then someone who just clean after them wonderful feeling and thank them for my growth.
Pros
downtimes when job done right
Cons
short breaks
Nice job if you need extra cash, but nothing substantial.
I started this internship after completing their job placement program for Microsoft certifications as well as medical ones. The environment was very firm, yet helpful. However, outside of assistance with certifications, the actual job placement is where difficulty arrives.

Good if you need something extra in your pocket, but by no means a career.
Pros
Work at your own pace
Cons
Lack of job advancement.
great experience
Free flowing work environment, no problems what so ever. Felt comfortable 100 percent. Staff and Management very helpful and supportive. Workload was never more than I can handle
Pros
Great People, Great work space
Cons
Wished it lasted longer
Consistantly evolving work environment, great family oriented staff members!
Excellent place to work and learn new skills. The culture of the organization is consistantly evolving, with new programs poping up all the time, a great place to use your creativity, and thrive professionally.
Pros
Family oriented, great place to balance work and life, If you drive, parking is not so bad to find, if timing is right.
Cons
Location does not have a great deal of healthy food, so bring lunch, or order a places far away, parking can be hectic if you do not time it right.
Productive, Fun and Family Oriented work Place
There is no doubt that I loved my job at STRIVE, which stands for: Support Training Results in Valuable Employee. A typical day at work started with going over the curriculum on my phone while taking the train to work. Once at STRIVE, a good cup of coffee, and saying good morning to all who walk through the door. At 8:45, we start with partners, a very effective exercise and for those individuals who come in late we have a discussion as to why they are late, this would done in front of the entire class and what can be done to avoid them being late in the future, and then we move on to Sexual Harassment on the work place, we will spend most of the morning on this subject. Then we have lunch, most of the time instead of taking an hour lunch, I’ll take a half hour and do my notes on each client just to be up to date, because some of my cases notes consisted of approximately anywhere from 50 to 90 participants, especially if a client is going through a really tough time. Then we will do a lot of resume building and articulating their resume. Then at 3:30 pm we would handout the $4.00 metro cards and finish our case notes for that day. That was just one day; out of a 30 days curriculum. Every single day was something different, it was great.
 - more...
Pros
Excellent place in which to Excel
Cons
Can't really think of any
The best place to work in
There is no doubt that I loved my job at STRIVE, which stands for: Support Training Results in Valuable Employee. A typical day at work started with going over the curriculum on my phone while taking the train to work. Once at STRIVE, a good cup of coffee, and saying good morning to all who walk through the door. At 8:45, we start with partners, a very effective exercise and for those individuals who come in late we have a discussion as to why they are late, this would done in front of the entire class and what can be done to avoid them being late in the future, and then we move on to Resume out line and interviewing techniques, we will spend most of the morning on this subject. Then we have lunch, most of the time instead of taking an hour lunch, I’ll take a half hour and do my notes on each client just to be up to date, because some of my cases notes consisted of approximately anywhere from 50 to 90 participants, especially if a client is going through a really tough time. Then we will do a lot of resume building and articulating their resume. Then at 3:30 pm we would handout the $4.00 metro cards and finish our case notes for that day. That was just one day; out of a 30 days curriculum. Every single day was something different, it was great.
As for what I learned during my 11 years there, everything from Intake, to Special Population Recruiter, for approximately 6 months I had the honor and pleasure of running the entire Training Department by myself, of course staff members all helped and the job was done effectively for 6 months. I have learned so much at this organization,
 - more...