Strive

Strive Employee Reviews for Direct Support Professional

Its decent
Its a rewarding place to work. Management has its flaws with poor communication and the pay is a little low. But its nice having a low staff to patient ratio (i.e.: 8:3) and its very laid back and so person centered which I loved!
dont work here
You'll get hired just to get fired it doesn't matter how good you are at your job if you dont fit the crazy managers stupid high school clique your fired
Pros
training
Cons
the manager and staff
they play games with your paycheck
It's a game to them they love seeing people suffer for there paycheck, how they treat the clients makes me shutter they don't listen to them or care about them
Pros
none that I can think of
Cons
the staff
needs to be investigated
The staff are very abusive and do illegal things I'm calling state on this place and I recommend others do the same. It's a very non safe area for the clients with all the screaming and predatory stafff
Pros
Cons
everything
save yourself
I'm traumatized from my experience working here, the staff are not only abusive but unbelievably unprofessional. They bully and scream bad words in front of the clients
Pros
Cons
the staff the abusiveness
The Individuals Make This Job
This company should be completely shut down. And if it would not affect the sweet individuals that they serve I myself would be filing a lawsuit against them. The management is absolutely appalling and completely incompetent. Worst place I have ever worked. And sadly I do not think the CEO has a clue of what goes on in these homes.
Pros
The individuals make this job! That is the only positive thing about it.
Cons
Everything aside from the people they serve.
Purpose filled job
You can work anytime as much as you want to it is purpose filled. There are many different positions and houses to work in and management works with you to fit to your needs.
Hour time was great
Hour time was great if that’s what happened it wanted, clients were great. Lots of backstabbbing, I didn’t want to feel these out I just want to apply for jobs
Not a great place to work
Strive is not a great place to work and I would not recommend it to anyone who has a heart and soul and cares for the individual they're taken care of, ce
Health care/helping others
Helping others achieve their goals. Daily tasks in personal care of others. Tough job and can get personally invested with people you care for daily. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping other.
Loved the clients
I honestly have no comments on this place , that is how bad it was. Co workers were not doing their part.they would put the load on one employee in the house.
Extremely high stress with little joy
Working with the DD community is joy in itself.
Working for Strive is not. This company is no good. Horrible to their employees.

Most people who get hired do not make it through, what little, training.

Research this company, the CEO and Directors. This will only give you a small insight. Try to find employees and ex employees.

I suggest looking into another company. There are 5 sister company in Grand Jct.
caution
although the individuals who receive services from Strive are all so amazing and a joy to care for, the management is a mess and the turnover is ridiculous. There is no compensation for work performance and the overall wage is low.
Pros
great individuals
Cons
pretty much everything else
Fun place to work
STRIVE was very fun to work for, and I miss the individuals I worked with every day. Staff was amazing and we always were there to help each other out.
Horrible
The company seems great at first through the training aspect and then once you get hands on its awful. The management sucks they changed things around too often to keep up with and even if you work your butt off for them they decided whether or not to pay you for all your hard over time. The only positive/rewarding part of this job is the clients.
Loved working in the houses with the individuals
Working in the houses was great, the individuals I got to work with were amazing, including the staff I was working with. I loved that everyday was different, it made for a better work schedule, that way you didn't just fully get into a rhythm of each day being the same. it kept you on your toes.
Pros
Getting to know the guys and know your helping make a difference in their lives
Cons
Short breaks, if any, and short handed on coworkers at times
Productive and knowledgeable
This program is a good resource for offenders exiting the legal system and reintegrate back into the public. This organization teaches psycho-educational and living skills
Pros
Positive Outcomes for inmates
Cons
No breaks, minimal contact with supervisor
The individuals bring a real sense of full fillment.
I learned by caring for the Developely Disabled that each day I can walk,talk and toilet myself is a real gift. Many of the individuals can not do any of these and never have been able. They have to relie completely on the employees whom take care of them. Many of the Developely Disabled have lived part of there lives in institutions.
Pros
The supervisor at the Day Program .Active Wellness is AWESOME.
Cons
Change of your schedule and work location at the very last moment.
A great place to work
A typical day at work was never to be predicted. We cared for my individuals and had fun teaching them new things. I learned that just because a person is disabled, they still can learn. I had minimal management. I was the site trainer for my department. I had great co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when my guys were sick or not feeling good, The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I made a difference in a persons life and I don't expect anything in return.
Pros
The satisfaction of caring for the people who can't do it for themselves
Cons
Low pay
lots of care for the people they serv
There is no typical day at work. I have gone from cleaning to chasing people I serv down the road. the people we work for can be amazing and surprise you. I have learned to have boundaries and set them from the beginning. Most of my co-workers are great to work with and very helpful if there is a behavior going on. The hardest part of the job is it is emotionally draining. however the best part is connection with the people we serv and getting to help them grow.
Loved this job
Extreamly rewarding. I was looking for a more full filling job, I found it. I love the residents and makeing them feel cared for and loved.