Strive

Strive Employee Reviews

Wonderful Company
Strive was an amazing place to work in, I was able to shift their workforce development department's yearly job placement outcomes from 35% to 85% by the time that I resigned.
Interesting.
At strive I wore many hats. I was community support, teaching assistant, and overnight staff. Strive is often under staffed which means there are no shortage of hours but that also means that a lot of things are left undone or not done to the desired level of completion.
Worst place ever!!!!
Over worked under trained!!! I was passing Meds without being QMap certified for 4 months!!! The staff is a high school clique that most of them dropped out of! The level of intelligence is below average among management and especially staff!! There is no respect for the individuals or their well-being. The management always finds excuses as to why we cannot properly take care of individual and their needs! Management also places warm bodies that aren’t trained On HIGH behavioral homes that require special training to assist the individuals with crisis! They understaffed homes and put all the pressure on one DSP that will actually will do his or her job! This is by far the worst environment manager structure I’ve ever seen And been apart of!! Super embarrassed that I even worked there as a LEAD!
Pros
Some staff, some individuals
Cons
Kukus, Boone, staff, leads, disrespect amoung staff & mgt
Terrible Place!
Practices illegal qmapping. requires people to hand out meds after they have stayed up past 24 hours which is worse than being under the influence. managers are terrible at figuring anything out for themselves without blaming other parties. Be ready to get harassed by all managers for doing anything you were trained on! Worse place i have ever been working at! If this review had a 0 star they definitely would earn it!
Pros
nothing except food!
Cons
everything else!
Horrible working environment
The most disorganized and non compliant agency in the valley. There is no respect for any position or person outside of the main building. Policies are not followed and the mission and values have been forgotten, HR uses intimidation and is there for the employer only. They follow the 'at will ' law and will fire you simply because they dont like you. Managment is horrific and based their decisions off of popularity not policy or what is ethically right. DSPs are not heard, all employees are disposable to the CEO. Lots of hypocritical cowardism in this agency . Look elsewhere, this agency is a mess.
Pros
The individuals
Cons
Belittled, LOW pay, no recognition, treated as disposable employee, lack of professionalism, management
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
NO words
I would like to advance my career. No room for advancement. Starting out...this is a good place to learn and build skills. I would not recommend staying her for a long term career
Health care/helping others
Helping others achieve their goals. Daily tasks in personal care of others. Tough job and can get personally invested with people you care for daily. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping other.
Toxic
The company atmosphere is toxic. Rules are based on your popularity in the company and not on the work you did. Management does not do anything about how their staff treats their customers or fellow employees.
Stressful, demanding and ethically unsound
Culture of backstabbing and harassment that is ignored/encouraged by management. Lack of training and guidance. Questionable ethics. Should be investigated.
Cons
Horrible place to work
Loved the clients
I honestly have no comments on this place , that is how bad it was. Co workers were not doing their part.they would put the load on one employee in the house.
Love helping clients that had a felony
My day at work consist of collecting personal items and recruiting clients to get a job. The hardest part of my job is when my day ended I enjoy helping clients and giving them all kinds of resources.
Pros
Volunteer
Cons
No breaks
A summer job after I graduated
A summer job where I taught kids to use adobe programs in the morning. It was a fun job teaching kids to use programs I was taught to use while I was in school.
Extremely high stress with little joy
Working with the DD community is joy in itself.
Working for Strive is not. This company is no good. Horrible to their employees.

Most people who get hired do not make it through, what little, training.

Research this company, the CEO and Directors. This will only give you a small insight. Try to find employees and ex employees.

I suggest looking into another company. There are 5 sister company in Grand Jct.
the job was not secure
Management promised to much and when unable to deliver, the company stopped giving him work, The president of the company kept firing people when he could not pay them
Closed office
Working in my private practice was a dream come true. I loved every day I was able to help other people. I will miss my clients in Utah very much. So excited for my future.
Cons
productive, friendy and safe workplace
My typical day at work was: clocking in, tutoring children for 2-2.5 hours depending on the material their teacher assigned, and the last hour and a half I was a cashier for their bakery. Some days I would help their chef distribute snacks or food to the children. I learned patience and the importance of additional help the kids needed. I enjoyed watching the kids flourish throughout the process. I saw improvement, little or a lot, it still made a difference. My managers and co-workers were all friendly and respectful. I was younger than most of my co-workers so I looked up to many of them.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no breaks
hard but fair
the job at strive was a wonderful fast pace and learning experience.
the employee are friendly and if need help know how to speak to you as an equally rather then someone who just clean after them wonderful feeling and thank them for my growth.
Pros
downtimes when job done right
Cons
short breaks
Nice job if you need extra cash, but nothing substantial.
I started this internship after completing their job placement program for Microsoft certifications as well as medical ones. The environment was very firm, yet helpful. However, outside of assistance with certifications, the actual job placement is where difficulty arrives.

Good if you need something extra in your pocket, but by no means a career.
Pros
Work at your own pace
Cons
Lack of job advancement.
caution
although the individuals who receive services from Strive are all so amazing and a joy to care for, the management is a mess and the turnover is ridiculous. There is no compensation for work performance and the overall wage is low.
Pros
great individuals
Cons
pretty much everything else
Horrible place to work
Incorrect information was given during training. Then it was punished for having used the incorrect training and no opportunity to fix the issue. There was no positive feedback in order to improve as an employee. This company has no desire to see it's employees stay with them or be treated fairly. They will drop you quickly for any little reason and never give you a chance to correct any kind of miscommunications. It will always be ONLY your fault.
Pros
relatively flexible hours
Cons
Low pay, poor benefits, lack of communication
great experience
Free flowing work environment, no problems what so ever. Felt comfortable 100 percent. Staff and Management very helpful and supportive. Workload was never more than I can handle
Pros
Great People, Great work space
Cons
Wished it lasted longer