Strom Aviation Employee Reviews

Pros/Cons
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Waconia, MNJune 25, 2019
The Pro was that I was able to be promoted from receptionist to payroll while learning the position as a receptionist. I did not have any schooling for payroll.
The con was Management was not providing information regarding the situation of the company at the time to alleviate the rumors that were being told.
Fun place to work
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 29, 2019
I enjoyed working for strom. Awesome place to work and they take good care of there employees always someone there to answer your phone calls and they make things hassle free
I was happy with them
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 7, 2019
You make your own reputation as a contractor, so if you do a good job and represent them well, you will be treated accordingly. From the get go they were eager to find a spot that fit me and my exp.
Pros
compensation
Cons
lack of benefits
Mismanagement, Poor Team Environment & No Future
Business Development/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 31, 2018
I would not recommend working for the company unless you like telemarketing and are just looking for work till a long term job comes up. Its a daily beating of sometimes pointless phone calls to just hit a number and not focusing on true recruiting and how many people you can put on payroll. The commission structure is in favor of the house and almost unattainable to reach and actually make money besides the meager entry level pay..
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Low pay, a Daily beating of Phone calls, no advancement long term same position enviroment
Productive working environment.
Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 24, 2018
Good company with good site working locations. Flexibility. Good coordinator communication makes transitions easy & less stressful. Comparable pay rates.
Productive Work environment
Contracted Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXOctober 24, 2018
Good company. Good work sites. Good working environment. Personally, the bonus that was promised w/ this position was not forthcoming as promised..
cant really rate, staffing co,
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 14, 2018
Contracting co, nothing else to say, was ok too work for, cant really remember, was ok with payroll, didn't have benefit's with them , cant evaluate much else.
Pros
found me work
good place to work for
Aircraft Cabinet Maker (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TX 76021October 10, 2018
good place to work for, good pay, no benefits, contract work,
always payed correctly with no problems. courteous staff always willing to help find employment.
Good contract company to work for
Sheetmetal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXAugust 27, 2018
Strom is a good contract company the play at thetime I kworked for them was competitive even without the benefits you made a descent living for the work done.
Pros
good play
Cons
contract
physically demanding
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  contractorAugust 8, 2018
Hard on the body but I can say it gave me many years of work. I also took a great deal of pride being in this industry. Women were not looked on with ease when I first started aviation, but this company treated women as equals.
Pros
It's for the most part steady work with many different departments to work in.
Cons
very physical work & hard on the body.
No culture
Senior Executive Aerospace Recruiter (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 27, 2018
A typical day at work was autonomous. You work alone and without interference. unless you asked for it. There was no work-life balance.
the culture was old school. No one was allowed to leave until 5 pm no matter the circumstance.
Pros
free to do what you wanted to do
Cons
no plans for the future
productive
Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasJuly 15, 2018
Great place to work The leadership was very helpful
A day would be receiving in aviation parts. The next step would be inventory cycle count of the expensive parts, The last part of the day would be building kits for the aviation team
Great Job - Just wish I was a full time employee
Buyer / Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 29, 2018
Strom went out of their way to find me this position. I thank them for that, however, I really need a full time job to support my family and I don't know what is being done towards that end.
Pros
pay
Cons
contract position
Lake Charles
Aircraft Electrician (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 23, 2018
I was assigned the task of rewiring the flight engineer station of Boeing 707 airliners to convert them to J stars. The facility was good and the supervisors were great!
Great Company
Aviation Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Waconia, MNMay 16, 2018
Sales/ Recruiting/ Customer Service

You have to have endurance, and perseverance at this position. It takes hard work, and dedication to be a successful as a recruiter.

Communication is on the phone, and emailing.

Management is great, very understanding about life circumstances.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Your Commission are based on people showing up, and they don't always
Great Company
recruiter (Current Employee) –  Fort WorthMay 7, 2018
Great company to work for, with really nice benefits for employee. Good environment with the ability to fill hundreds of open positions. Receive 10 days of PTO after 90 days.
Pros
base plus commission, insurance paid for empoloyee
Great Aviation Contracting Company
TEMPORARY CONTRACT / A&P AIRCRAFT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Waconia, MNApril 4, 2018
STROM AVIATION is a temporary aviation maintenance staffing company. They are fantastic at finding good paying aviation positions on a temporary basis. They care about their temporary contract employees and they periodically checked up on me to see if I liked my job, liked the company where I worked, and offered to find me a new temporary contract if/when the present contract ended.
They obviously care about their temporary contract employees.
Pros
They offer a regular hourly rate with additional tax free per deim. The pay is fantastic.
Cons
Non union. Contractors often get assignments no one else wants to do.
great
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 3, 2018
every aspect was well done, I had many parts of my job movement and then my job work environment and strom was there any time I needed anything. it was a pleasure to work with this company.
Good
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 22, 2018
This is the first contract company I worked with so, I don’t have anything to compare it to. I don’t have any complaints or had any problems with working for this company.
Contract Aircraft Technician - Aero Turbine (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZFebruary 17, 2018
Strom aviation was a good place for me to work until I could find a permanent position. I don't have any complaints about them. They took good care of any questions or concerns fairly quickly when I had them.