Strong Industries Inc. Employee Reviews

Shady management
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2019
Totally unprofessional, area manager ridiculed a store manager. The product is substandard and so is customer service. Had many complaints from customers, too many to handle. Do yourself a favor and move on.
Great co-workers
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Danville, PAFebruary 25, 2019
I really like to see the limit of a great job with the following positions that I can over come and be a great leader. The following the instructions in the job is done and I am a bit of a great motivator for me and my co-workers.
Pros
Income
Cons
Poor comunication
Awful sweat shop
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Northumberland, PAJanuary 4, 2019
This company is a stain on central Pennsylvania. Management scapegoats lower employees for their own mistakes, as well as playing favorites for which employees get raises, work place environment is extremely unsafe (people are constantly getting hurt, last year someone even died working here), advancement within the company is nearly impossible all management positions are hired from outside the company. They will bend the rules for workers they favor, but will harshly enforce them upon other employees. Save yourself the time and the hassle and find work literally anywhere else seeing as how they start you off at 9 dollars an hour and you are very unlikely to receive a raise after your 3 month probation (I was there 5 months and management scoffed in my face about a raise despite giving another employee a raise after a month and a half)
Pros
Barely above minimum wage
Cons
management, ownership, culture, work place conditions, everything
Job
First plum (Former Employee) –  Northumberland, PADecember 28, 2018
Its a good place besides they dont pay u overtime and its a fast paced job and clean environments people are quick too judge but most are easy too talk too
Long and hot
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Northumberland, PAOctober 2, 2018
Put acetone on the pools on my feet for 10 hours or more. I've learned to work in a hot environment with some unpleasant odors. I've been working there for over 3 years.
Pros
nice people
Cons
doesn't pay very well
Awesome place to work at and gain some skills
Deck lead (Former Employee) –  Northumberland, PASeptember 20, 2018
Pretty cool company to work for in to grow if you're into growing in a fast-paced environment gray family stuff and people great benefits and always there somewhere to learn something new
Its a great place to work
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Northumberland, PASeptember 15, 2018
It has been a pleasure to work here and the management is great along with the hr department. I feel like a member of the Strong family. I would recommend working here to anyone that is looking to make a change
Pros
Free lunches and Birthday acknowledgments
Productive and Fun place to work with many opportunities
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Northumberland, PASeptember 9, 2018
This is a productive and fun place to work. Human Resources and management is always there to help with anything we need. I was able to get a increase in my wage after 90 days and then moved up to a lead position two months later.
I love my job at Strong Spas
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Northumberland, PASeptember 9, 2018
I am grateful every day to be able to have a job with Strong Industries. Everyone here is like family to me. I have the ability to work overtime and earn bonuses. The president of the company takes time out of his day to make sure that employees are happy and taken care of. The management team goes out of their way to make this place a wonderful place to work.
Growing Company
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Northumberland, PAAugust 30, 2018
Strong is a rapidly growing company that provides quality jobs. With the growth of the company there are many opportunities to excel and advance. Overall work environment is good and there are a lot of quality people to work with. Company provides lunch for the employees about once a month. If you are looking for a growing company with plenty of opportunities for advancement Strong is a great place to work.
Interesting place to work
R&D Technician (Current Employee) –  Northumberland, PAAugust 30, 2018
Strong Industries is a fast paced work environment with free lunches about once a month for the employees and Christmas party and a yearly concert over at Spyglass Winery
My time here
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Northumberland, PAAugust 30, 2018
Have almost been with the company for a decade. We have grown so much since I started. Even after being here for so long I am still learning new things. In my time here I have learned to weld from a former maintenance employee. I have learned how to run what we call the 400 machine which is a big roto machine that we used to turn resin into plastic. Management works well with there employees. They try to do what they can for their employees without over given into every demand. The hardest part I would say about the job can be the heat during the summer. As long as people get along with each other it can be a great place to work.
My time here
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Northumberland, PAAugust 30, 2018
Fast Paced Work - Days go by Quick
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Northumberland, PAAugust 30, 2018
I've been on the plant floor for about 3 months now. The work is fast paced, as we produce a lot of hot tubs. It's a close group of people that work here. They only hire people who want to work, so sometimes there is turnover, but I enjoy it
Pros
employee lunches, benefits, plenty of work
Cons
sometimes warm
Productive and fun work environment
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Northumberland, PAAugust 30, 2018
Working at strong industries is the best choice I ever made. The negative comments on this job board are from people who have no desire to work or be part of a team. Improvements are being made daily as we continue to grow!
Pros
Monthly lunches, bonuses, spa discounts, management team
Lack of leadership
Laborer Worker (Plumber) (Current Employee) –  Northumberland, PAAugust 22, 2018
This company dont look out for people's well being. They treat employees like dogs and have the worst quality on the product. They dont have initiative, leadership, crew management, and the worst thing that a company has is favoritism on workers.
back out now!!!
Lift Driver/finisher (Former Employee) –  Northumberland, PAAugust 22, 2018
After working in factory/warehouse settings for close to 20 years, i have never worked for a worse company!
The management, from the top of the ladder, down, is the poorest excuse for factory/warehouse supervision i have ever seen.
It is, as if they specifically hired people with no experience at all, to supervise other people with no experience at all. This results in a harder work environment, longer hours, more flaws in finished products, and no real direction from which employees are to operate.
There is no communication, no education, and after four months of working 60+ hours per week, i still never received benefits promised to me after 90 days of service.
all in all, the worst company i have seen after working in 4 states!
Pros
Cons
everything
Productive and fast paced environment
plumber (Former Employee) –  Northumberland, PAJune 20, 2018
Days go by very fast with the constant moving and installing parts. Hours can be long to meet deadlines however it can be very satisfying and gratifying.
benefits
Cons
some long days
Always improving
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Northumberland, PAJune 19, 2018
Its just like any factory job you have the good and the bad. It's all in how you can handle it. I have enjoyed my employment with strong. My boss is one of the best and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. He has help developed me into becoming a better employee and person. I started at the bottom and in the 4 years I have exceeded beyond where I could've ever imagined. So thank you strong for building my character and shaping me into who I need to become and more.
Benefits
quick paced work environment
CNC PLASMA TABLE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2018
Started the day early, advanced my skills working with a plasma cutter while having a high energy working with others. Some days ran longer than others and some weekends were required.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strong Industries Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.