Strong Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Loved it!
Student Nurse Intern (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 27, 2018
I enjoyed working at strong and getting to have experience in a large teaching hospital. I love working with children, and the new Golisano Children's Hospital is absolutely incredible.
Pros
tuition benefits
Cons
parking
Rn
RN - Strong Surgical Center (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 27, 2018
Wonderful place to start your career if you are a new graduate for transplant from another city, continue your career with opportunity for advancement and to retire from your career.
Pros
Educational
Cons
Parking
There are no career advancement
Courier (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 6, 2018
A typical day at work involves, receiving and delivering specimens at different locations throughout the hospital. I learned the different lab locations. The hardest part of the job is going to the different labs and not getting any help . The most enjoyable part of the job is, interacting with different departments.
Fun workplace
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 4, 2018
I would start my day doing blood draws on patients and morning vitals. I would assist the patient with morning care. Pass meal trays. I also assisted the nurses.
Pct
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 27, 2018
Love taking care of people, doing Vital Signs, helping with daily activities and working with all ages and different types of people. Learned alot working here
Diverse workforce with high productivity
X-Ray Client Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 26, 2018
The workforce represented different people from all across the world. The environment was not exclusive and was very good at communicating especially in between departments. In the emergency room is where the best of the hospital shows how they utilize their skills with others to get the best result.
Pros
next to a plaza of businesses
Intern
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 20, 2018
I was just an intern I did not get paid i was a student nurse and helped the nurses basically did the work of a patient care tech and passed meds occasionally
Fun Experience
Physical Therapy Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 16, 2018
I was only working as a volunteer, so I received no benefits. I did the Friends of Strong Program and it helped me interact with people and get introduced in the field of physical therapy.
Salary much lower than national average, very bad shifts schedule, understaffing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Elmwood Ave, RochesterFebruary 24, 2018
Salary much lower than the national average, very bad shifts schedule because they use a mixed schedule policy, so you can never have a routine shift and that is very bad for your health, personal life and work performance. Server understaffing make there to be a stressful unsafe environment for nursing practice! Good benefits in its area. It’s not always friendly work environment to nurses who are not from local. Some nurse leaders are dictators treating the floor like her own kingdom so the floor is divided.
Recruit and Enroll patients in research studies
Provider Assistant Liaison (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 6, 2018
Screening patients in the ED to meet eligibility criteria for certain research studies. Later approaching, consenting, and enrolling the patients in these studies.
great company with good benefits
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 29, 2018
A very large teaching hospital with many different areas of specialty available. They truly had a team approach and i thought they provided a very thorough orientation for new graduates.
Pros
good pay and benefits, team atmosphere
Cons
not always staffed as fully as was needed
Ok place if you have high patience
Porter (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 22, 2018
Managers in the cafeteria are terrible no compassion for home life . Mother was sick got fired for being late because she has liver failure no help from union either
Pros
Fun coworkers ok pay
Cons
Administrative Assistant, Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 17, 2018
This is a great place to work - only negative aspect is that it is very hard to break out of current roles for advancement - unless "you know someone".
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 10, 2018
this requires teaching residents making rouds with then ,daily conferences ,seminars patient discussions and rounds with residents,case discussions,and grandrounds
Like lovley colleagues
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  OutpatientDecember 29, 2017
Happy family when you recognize your colleagues am highly motivated and experienced worker strong supervisory leadership skills strong work ethic ability to multi-task and work under pressure independent goal-oriented am willingness to learn and work as part of a team physically strong.
Wonderful Hospital Setting
Geriatric Psychiatric Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 21, 2017
Well-known in the area, Strong Memorial is a great place to work! SMH hires the best of the best for research and treating patients. It's environment encourages you to strive to be the best at patient care and personal development.
Excellent working environment
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 21, 2017
A typical day at work was always Joyful for me. Ilearned how to I learned how to be a consistent customer service employee. The management Was 5050. If everyone shows up for work great day if a lot of call ins day could Be a little more challenging. The hardest part of the job was showing up. The most enjoyable part of the job was Getting your work done in a timely disorder without being harassed
Great place to work but lack of communication
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 24, 2017
Nurses don't interact with environmental service workers most don't treat us right....We deserve more respect from doctors and nurses.....we also as workers have to pay for everything including paper cups and plates.....we don't get any type of appreciation for the work that we do.....
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Holidays we don't receive anything no Christmas or Thanksgiving vouchers
Productive and friendly learning environment
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 8, 2017
The job is not hard. You're shown how to do everything and there is always someone there to assist you when needed. The hours are flexible and the day goes by pretty fast. The people are friendly and very diverse.
Poor management
Utilization Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 14, 2017
The supervisor changes her mind on policy every ten minutes and the manager has no clue what those policies are and is lead around by the nose from the supervisor