Stroz Friedberg Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to work great environment
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYJune 4, 2018
Employees help each other. Great atmosphere. They give training on new technologies. Remote working is acceptable at times. The hardest part of the day is sometimes work load isn't consistent.
Avoid!!! Bad career move!!!
Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2017
This company lacks culture!!!! Over works and underpays employees. Many people have negative attitudes. Choosing to work here is a bad mistake. Management is extremely unorganized.
Pros
Cons
Everything. Avoid.
Interesting and exciting workplace
Cyber Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 18, 2017
I loved working for Stroz Friedberg. They taught me so much about the cyber security field. I had a wonderful work life balance and still felt productive every day. It's exciting to know that everything you work on is very important to someone.
Great Place to Work and Great Benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 27, 2017
Overall this is a good place to work especially if you're a fast learner and can work well independently. They have excellent benefits for health, dental and vision and culturally diverse. At least at the office location I was in.
Pros
Great place to work without being under pressure. Great Benefits.
Cons
Could use more room for professional development fr those who lack a skill in one area.
Outstanding Company - if you can keep up
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2015
Stroz Friedberg is a terrific company in the product they deliver, and is packed with intelligent, diligent employees. Expect long hours, but excellent compensation. Overall, I would say they value experience quite highly; training is up to how hard you are able to work to meet new challenges.
Great place to work where management truly cares about their employees!
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2014
I've had the opportunity to work with some really great and intelligent individuals. Management truly cares about our well-being. I feel like my work and contributions matters to the firm.
Pros
Great benefits, job advancements, travel opportunities, great people
Cons
Long days/hours at times - although, great work/life balance
A pleasure to work here
Forensic Examiner (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 11, 2014
I was a bit surprised to see some of the negative reviews from former employees on the site. I will say that work experience likely differs greatly based on department and office location. All I can attest to is that I've loved working in the forensics department for the DC location since day one. There is a great community culture here and generally strong management that is evident by the amazingly high retention rate. I've been here over 3 years and the rest of the forensics team ranges from 3-10 years of employment (meaning I'm one of the newer hires!). We receive excellent in-house (and outside) trainings, work on high profile cases and still have fun. There are definitely long days and weeks sometimes, but it is clear that the management recognizes your need for personal time as well.
Pros
Fun people, good benefits, high-profile cases, free food, travel opportunities
Cons
Some long days (though with paid O/T)
Sad Company
eDiscovery (Former Employee) –  NY, NYJanuary 30, 2014
Their product is great, however, the company expanded too quickly I believe upper management lost oversight. They tried to re-brand the company and I really wish the Best. Upper Management seemed lost, middle management was incapable. My manager was terrible, but that was his personality.
Pros
Free lunches, Benefits
Cons
Terrible manager, no life/ work balance
Very professional yet comfortable work place
Receptionist/Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 9, 2014
Even though it was for a short time (temporary), I really enjoyed working there.
Bad management
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, New YorkFebruary 1, 2013
Bad management Hostile environment No coordination Nothing enjoyable hardest part of the job to understand what coworkers want everyone says something different
benefits
Cons
showing up
Poorly Managed
Review Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2012
This company does not respect it's employees. The Managers in my department had far less education than me and did not know how to manage a diverse team of skilled employees. The company offers no training and you must learn strictly on the job. My manager was extremely sexist which created a hostile work environment. In addition, they repeatedly make you work late and allow you to leave minutes before you are entitled to car service. Working here provided no work/life balance. They also pay far lower than competitors in this industry.
Pros
free drinks and snacks, good health insurance 401k
Cons
having to show up there to work daily.
Very Tricky Management
Employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2012
Its a dog eat dog world. Management does not care about there employees.
Relaxed workplace
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 13, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with directly on a consistent biases. The management for my department was very caring and understanding but the management in the local office was neither.