Structural Technologies Employee Reviews

Just a stater job.
Foreman/Leadman (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 12, 2019
A lot of two face people that work here especially in management. Production is priority over everything else, even safety. Got to travel out of state to make any good money.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Where to start.
Unsafe and poorly supervised
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Thurmont, MDFebruary 6, 2019
No-one knows what they're doing there unorganized, bathroom never kept clean or stocked with supplies and they don't follow any safety rules. The plant manager goes by his nickname professionally and doesn't follow safety enforcement. Very unprofessional.
Pros
Reasonable breaks
Cons
Unsafe unprofessional and poor moral
Fast paced,
Safety Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LA 70665January 31, 2019
I loved the fast pace of the job , the moving from project to project, the people and they actually would buy in to the safety culture because it started from the top and trickled down. Some weeks I'd work 120 hours, some Id work 40. what ever was required to get the job done.
Needs to re-evaluate supervisors and hear out the workers more
Leadman/Foreman (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2019
As a young(24 year old ) man ,looking to further his career in leadman* and foreman to become a supervisor ,my hopes where crushed because of poor supervision , after an incident outside of work in its entirety , the company "suspended me " with outpay for a week until I contacted h.r and pleaded for my job back ,all the coworkers saw the injustice and since then ,they tried every bit of excuse to write me up to terminate me which they achieved but never told me the reason for my termination . It is a GREAT company but needs to reevaluate everyone .I could go on for days ....
Pros
Pay
Cons
Alot
extordinary place to work
BUSINESS OWNER (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 21, 2019
Meeting daily goals
Maintaining project schedules
Overseeing outside vendors
Customer relations
Completing project on time and budget
Flexibility on project to adjust for change orders
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
reliabilty of other workers
Energizing people
Site Foreman (Former Employee) –  Eastpoint, FLJanuary 19, 2019
I really felt like i was helping keep people safe. The work was engaging and pleasing to do. I also enjoyed moving to each new location and seeing what was needed to secure the house or building.
Structural Systems
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Thurmont, MDJanuary 14, 2019
Structural Systams is a small company with a positive workplace culture. I had varied responsibilities. I was able to spend time working within each department.
Good company
Senior Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 2, 2019
Great company with some good niche services. Positioned for premium customers and not for general bid work. Great people and a solid work environment. Great dedication to safety.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
High cost structure
N/a
Project Quality Manager Representing Pullman Power (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSDecember 27, 2018
A super company, loved them work was good, paid each week. work was great, busy busy....hello great stuff. now get rid of this non sense... hello you get it?
poor work environment
Quality check, and color coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLNovember 14, 2018
work environment wasn't of the best condition. The company does not treat employees well. management wasn't great. Overworked and demanded overtime hours.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
poor employee treatment
Project Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 7, 2018
This is a great place to work. I have been doing an internship here and they definitely care a lot about interns. I do feel like they want me to learn as much as possible and they want me to grow professionally as they set the foundations for that growth. Everyone is always ready to help no matter what.
Stressful
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Doswell, VAOctober 24, 2018
Very stressful. No accountability. Management blames people instead of working to take action to solve the problems as they come. It is also very obvious that the management plays favorites.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Poor Management
Lack of respect by the ones higher up
Rodbuster (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 22, 2018
The superintendent needs to learn how to respect and talk to his work goes better and learn better ways of communication fight manager needs to respect others and not to lie on good workers and good people to make self look better
Great Work Environment
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 15, 2018
Structural Group was a great company to work for. Great management and it is truly a company that cares about its employees. They have a great company culture.
good staff to work for
Carpenter/ Cement finisher (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LASeptember 24, 2018
laying out tools for days work, performing job task, cleaning up work area, picking all work tools and unused material. great staff, hardest part of job is setting up for job, most enjoyable part of job is very friendly people
A great place to build a career
Drilling Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 18, 2018
Had various training and safety programs. Learned to operate various equipment . Learned supervisory skills. Learned to estimate geotechnical work of all scopes and sizes
Pros
Career oriented
Cons
Did not honor bonus program as agreed
Understanding
Framer/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Plainview, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Great job to work at, Took the time to train me throughout the steps safely and safety was a great part of feeling safe. Managers and bosses are very understanding.
Great atmosphere
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARAugust 16, 2018
Great atmosphere and people to work with. I have Flexible hours. I have children so if I needed to take off I could do that to take care of my family.
Stressful
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Cheshire, CTJuly 20, 2018
A lot of the foreman are lazy and dont work but are quick to tell you you are not working enough. I feel as if there is no advancement unless you are related to the people in charge. There is a lot of traveling and confusion about where ypu are going to go and work.
Pros
Work 40 hours
Cons
Low wages
Respectful work place, good management
Project Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJuly 20, 2018
There is always work to do and management cares about its employees. They support growth and new opportunities within the company, They offer different types of training. They have holiday parties to support team building.
Pros
Fun workplace, involved with volunteer work within the community
Cons
Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Structural Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.