Stryker Employee Reviews

Found 935 reviews matching the search See all 1,173 reviews
No comment
Craniomaxillofacial Process Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  PAJanuary 15, 2019
Lack of career advancement and growth opportunity.
Completely unacceptable salary and benefits.
Minimal to non existent supervisor/management presence. Supervisor/manager often worked from home, not available to contact.
Pros
Cons
lack of career advancement and growth opportunity, poor management a
Have a gym for employees
Production Control Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 10, 2019
care about employees' health
multi-culture work place
having the neat and clean workplace
employees are friendly
integrity everything we do
quality products
Pros
once a week have a free breakfast
Cons
encourage employees to get a good health
Strive for excellence and management will cut you short everytime
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIJanuary 10, 2019
I am currently an assembler with high work ethic, integrity, and accountability. I get the job done that is asked stay so many hours and still live paycheck to paycheck with little to NO praise at all. I have been there a year and have pushed for better safety, ethics, and self improvement hoping it will lead to advancement. Everyone gets shut down and told NO "for the betterment of the company" they will not offer raise because of course it's not what you know but rather who you blow.

DO NOT come here... you can make so much more elsewhere with less stress, better work life balance, and advancement.
Pros
Cafe
Cons
Hours, pay, advancement, and management
Very fun and exciting
Senior Programmer/Analyst Team (Former Employee) –  New Jersey, United States of AmericaJanuary 7, 2019
A very interesting company to have worked for. Being US based, I learned a lot about the way things are done in the US as opposed to Canada. Overall a very good working experience
Pros
Casual wear, flexible lunches and flexible work hours. Work/life Balance a primary factor.
Cons
Very expensive cost of living.
Lots of Change
Finance (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 7, 2019
I enjoyed working for Stryker. Stryker is growing exponentially, but as long as you are flexible and open to change, it is a good work atmosphere. The hardest part of the job is that the company was operating as lean as possible in headcount, which means the expectation for the quantity of work from each employee was very high. You are encouraged to take time off, but often you don't want to because of the fear of what will be waiting for you when you return. However, I think the positive far outweighs the negatives.
Summary
Senior Training System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoJanuary 6, 2019
I enjoy working with Stryker. it is my family for over 20 years.
Stryker gave me the opportunity of develop me as a professional. Also there is a lot of people that trust my job and performance.
Motivated to get each employee engaged
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 6, 2019
Stryker believes in empowering each employee to be their very best; to keep them motivated and engaged daily. The management staff gives opportunities to advance.
Layed back fun people to work for not meny hours there
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 5, 2019
Its a good place for part time but dont expect to pay bills untill the company grows a bit people are great to work for but just not enough hours and no guarantee that you will get enough shifts in a week it is a baby company so they do not provide any health care or benefits to their employees maybe when they mature more as a company they will be able to provide these things I wish that I could continue with them but like I said not enough hours to support myself or pay
Strong customer focus and great people.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 4, 2019
Great culture and people!
I like the energy.
I like that everyone is focused on delivering great service to patients and health care providers.
There are a lot of great activities to also make a difference in the community.
Pros
Great people and culture.
Cons
If you are not an engineer, it is a bit harder to have a great career.
Great Company
Regulatory Affairs Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 4, 2019
Wonderful company to spend your career. You willingness to work hard and find strategic solutions determines your advancement potential. Definitely a pay for demonstrated performance over time attitude.
Muy profesional el ambiente de trabajo.
Ensamble (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoJanuary 4, 2019
Llevo 17 años trabajando para dicha compañía. Me agradaría un traslado a Stryker de Lakeland El. Por favor y gracias. Es una compañía donde e podido crecer como ser humano y aportar de gran manera al beneficio de la compañía.
no comment
Director, Programs, CIP (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 4, 2019
Mako hired me prior to the Stryker acquisition for Continuous Improvement. The business and the product design required leading, organizing and planning the execution of the R&D programs for the Partial knee and total Hip segments and the overall Mako installed base for Robot assisted orthopedic surgery. We have since added the total Knee application, marrying Stryker’s #1 total knee implant with robotics and accelerating business growth globally.
My immediate focus was on Managing risk for Mako, strategizing contingencies to mitigate from competition, Intellectual Property, supply chain, component pricing, international regulatory requirements, quality issues and manufacturing – basically, keeping the lights on for the commercially released product lines.
This role has continued to grow into planning, developing and implementing programs for Partial Knee, Total Knee Arthroscopy and Total Hip segments. Driving post acquisition integration activities across Stryker GQO and into all global markets.
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Negative culture, bad environment
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJJanuary 3, 2019
Negative culture and a very high turnover of employees. They do not acknowledge hard work. Very unorganized company. No direction, no clarity on job duties. It is no wonder the turnover of employees is so high for all kinds of levels from staff to upper management. Horrible management.I would not recommend anyone to work here.
Cons
High turnover, unorganized, negative culture
Good Company
Packaging Generalist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJJanuary 2, 2019
I worked at Stryker as a temp for 3 years. When a position finally did open up they hired people that had been there a lesser time than me and gave all excuses as to why they looked over me. I was there until they ended my contract with my agency.
Worst management ever
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIDecember 29, 2018
Stryker is not what it appears. They have the worst management ever. Inappropriate jokes in hallway. The company needs to provide more training wrt to professionalism at work. Glad that I left the company.
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 27, 2018
I loved it! I enjoyed every day I was there. I only left for new tech opportunity, but would jump back in the fray in a minute. Market rate comp was always an issue.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Regional comp matching was always an issue. They didn't want to pay market rate for CA.
Great place to work and learn
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Arroyo, PRDecember 25, 2018
Great place to work with growing opportunities. This site have a good life/work balance with a great working ambient and the management is very accessible. Stryker is an excellent place to start an engineer carrier path.
Pros
Life/work balance, working remotely
Cons
Compensation
Good company to work for
Advance Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIDecember 25, 2018
High growth company, where in the beginning of my career with them the job was fun and required an engineer to be very creative, but as the company grew the fun part of the job was farmed out to outside vendors and the inside engineers were required to complete the required FDA paperwork.
Pros
Fellow employees
Cons
FDA paperwork
Great products, great people
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 24, 2018
Made a lot of money and friends. Total control to run your own business. Some of the most talented people I have had the privilege to work with. Highly recommend this company.
Pros
Money, benefits
Cons
Sleepless nights
Most days are stressful
Senior Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CADecember 23, 2018
Lost Manager to medical reason and was not replaced. Doing the job of 2 people for few years till company closed.

The little wage increase given to employees are compensated by extra bonus, jackets, etc that they normally give sometime during the year.
Pros
good relationships from corporate management
Cons
strong favoritism of local management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stryker. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Stryker.

Powered by Comparably