Stryker Employee Reviews

Found 903 reviews matching the search See all 1,135 reviews
Love the Stryker Culture
Regulatory Manager, Customer Quality (Current Employee) –  Portage, MINovember 13, 2018
The Stryker Culture is very unique. It's a perfect place to find a collaborate environment where everyone is accomplishing the same commitment to ensuring that we are providing our customer with top quality and service.
Wonderful employees
Product Line (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MINovember 5, 2018
Stryker was a great place to work. It gets very tedious doing the same thing over and over week after week though.
Very interesting things that you build.
Great Place to Work
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Portage, MINovember 4, 2018
Really enjoyed working for Stryker. The job provided great training and skills that I could carry with me towards new career opportunities. The only downside was the low pay.
Great Place to work, hard to get things done.
Analyst, Continuous Improvement (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJNovember 3, 2018
Stryker overall is an exciting place to work, very big, involved in improving daily living for others through there medical offerings. Working has it's challenges for such a big organization which can sometimes hinder getting long term project completed since there are always daily fires that need to be put out. Because of that it is difficult to establish processes that would prevent those fires from happening in the first place. There is also a lot of internal politics that occur that also hinder working on the right things.
Pros
Great people working, lots of facilities to keep employee on campus
Cons
Too many hiring freezes
High Demand work place.
Team Member/Distribution (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJOctober 28, 2018
Very high job productivity demand work place. Company’s policies very strict which not so great if your a father or mother. Yet, very nice people to be around. Advanced with the tools needed to comply with government and customers.
Unrealistic expectations
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIOctober 28, 2018
At first I thought this was a great place to work and was excited to be part of their 'mission' that they drill into you during a week long classroom orientation... Didn't take long though to find out how wrong I was. I was contracted through a staffing agency and though my pay was good, and most everyone I worked with were great people, management was terrible. After 6 months of working there, the stress and frustration was too much. If you weren't a direct hire Stryker employee, you were nothing more than an accounts payable bill. Temps were not allowed to attend any outside events or functions, like company picnics, but were expected to cooperatively be a fully invested team player. Temps/contract employees are basically brought in to work with no benefits, no time off, and no guarantee of direct hire..using many temps for years.. Overtime is discretionary depending on your department and mandatory overtime can be any hours they tell you..even if it is 8 hrs or less since your last shift ended. They continuously bring on temps and instead of hiring in temps that have been there months to years working in a position, they will advertise for those positions and hire in someone off the street and many times have the a temp train this person.... Demeaning and insulting. For a company listed 16 of 100 best places to work, my experience was they aren't. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone except as a last resort or you have nothing but time to work yourself exhausted trying to prove your worthy to be a Stryker employee. At the time I left, I had been signed off on 6 different  more... jobs, having scored in the 90-100% range on all tests, had zero quality issues with any of my work, received numerous 'thank you' notes from co-workers citing my great work and being a great employee. Unfortunately my expectation that this 'great place' would recognize my work and ethic was obviously unrealistic.. Good luck if you currently work there or decide to in the future..especially as a temp/contract employee.  less
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Advancement, mandatory overtime, supervisors
High demand for high productivity
TEAM MEMBER, PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE II (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJOctober 26, 2018
A typical day consisted of meeting expected targets to reach daily customer demands. Think of new ideas to reduce waste in our operations. I learned a lot about Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma concepts to reduce waste in our processes. Morale in the culture was not the best. Good leaders came and went and effected the morale of the workplace. The hardest part of the job was receiving engineering help when you needed it. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Good company to work for.
Director of Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILOctober 26, 2018
Recently acquired by Stryker, they tried hard to make the transition smooth. Benefits not quite as good as the company they acquired, but consistently with large corporations. Would have stayed if not for retirement.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Corporate feel
Big place for workout and lunch room.
Coating Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 21, 2018
Very good company with lots of fun. Big lunch room
Big workout room. Good people. Good management , new building. Big parking lot. Big rest room. Everything look beautiful
Pros
30 minutes for lunch
Cons
Enough break time
underling
Courier (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 18, 2018
I worked for a courier service, directly hired by Stryker. Stryker was a fast paced, highly informative, and advancing place. Working under the reps lit a fire in me to go back to school, with the goal of being a Stryker Rep one day.
Best people to work with!
CustomerOne Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILOctober 17, 2018
I worked for the Sage division of Stryker for several years. The workplace culture is incredible with some of the best people you could possibly work alongside.
Pros
Good benefits, flexible schedule
Job engagemnt
Sustainability Solution Technician (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 15, 2018
Stryker likes to appreciate their employees and likes to get them involve with activities. Supervisors are friendly and understanding. They care about their employees health.
Pros
Engagement
Growing organization
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJOctober 15, 2018
Growing organization with lots of potential and a track record of success. People here believe in what they do and it shows. The company is trying to figure out how to think and act as a large global organization while still maintaining the agility of small, entrepreneurial companies (not an easy thing to do).
Pros
Personal connection to the mission of the company, excellent leadership at the top of the organization
Cons
Big company that still acts like many small companies, Culture of taking action before understanding what the issues are
lots of overtime
packaging associate (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIOctober 14, 2018
I never worked just 40 hours. I always worked a 10 to 14 hours day 6 to 7 days per week. there is no family life when you work for Stryker. they don't give you enough time off to be with your family. they want you there to work when ever they want you to. they are always going on mandatory overtime especially around every holiday.its a great place to work if you need money and have no personal life what so ever.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
work in groups of 4 to 10 very close quarters
Treat employees very well.
Associate Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJOctober 10, 2018
Stryker is a very positive company to work for. The compensation and benefits are great. The company is very in tune with keeping their employees happy. Lots of team-building events and division-wide activities.
Pros
Positive work environment
Sr Regulatory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXOctober 9, 2018
Stryker was a great place to work. they really care about their people and provide alot of time for work/life balance. The compensation was adequate. I learned alot while i was there.
Excellent organization with great potential for career enhancement
Sr.Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 8, 2018
Excellent place to work and thoroughly all my 10 years, surrounded by talented people. Great recognition all the time for the work well done. People are always listen to you ideas.
High paced workplace
Onsite Medical Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2018
I would troubleshoot issues with the endoscopy equipment, sometimes while the procedure was going on. The staff I worked with was really fun to work with.
Pros
advancement, 401k, healthcare
Knurling Manual
Machine center (Current Employee) –  Arroyo, PROctober 4, 2018
I have the best plase at work and was comfort and relax at the plase knurling Manual. And I was in wash pieces for knurling automatics, centerles, plung and unison this was the best job I ever had and it was my first job. Thanks Stryker
Really depends on where you work and who you work with.
Temp (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIOctober 2, 2018
When I trained on 2nd shift everything was great but then I went to 3rd shift and it was awful. One co-worker in particular was openly hostile. Management didn’t do anything because they were incompetent. A lot of mandatory overtime as well. Like I said it really just depends on what department you work in and who you work with.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Co-workers, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stryker. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight