Stryker Employee Reviews

Found 879 reviews matching the search See all 1,105 reviews
good place to work
Video Engineer (Former Employee) –  Portage, MISeptember 23, 2018
good place to work, good management, pace was good. nice people and good technologies to work with. would work there again if possible. near where I live.
Great Company to work for. they care about your health and family life
Surgery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 22, 2018
Management is very supportive. and wants you to succed and advance.Plenty of room for growth oppertunnites are unlimitted.I Have weekends off to spent with my family.
Pros
great. place to learn and advance.
Cons
N/a
One of the top #1 companies to work for
ProCare Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Great place to work. If you are into patient safety then Stryker is the Company to work for. We strive for patient safety and integrity. I enjoy in anyway I can to provided exceptional customer service to our customers and clients
Pros
Cons
Always learning
A defining and shaping work experience
Account Manager - Patient Handling (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 18, 2018
Stryker shaped and sculpted me into a polished business professional. I worked with the best, learned from the best, and served some of the hardest working professionals -> medical professionals. I was humbled to have the opportunity to serve under this corporation, and have nothing but positive things to report about my time with Stryker.
I enjoyed my work.
Chief Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 17, 2018
A good place to work. Jobs tend to be very secure at Stryker. People are encouraged to work on projects that they are passionate about.
Lots of opportunities to excel.
Assembly
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Portage, MISeptember 17, 2018
I loved my job at Stryker, I was through a temp. I was never late to work, always took over time. I would have loved to be hired in.A great work environment.
Nepotism & Poor Manganement
Field Scheduler Leader (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 16, 2018
The nepotism at this company lends to stress and frustration.

Management is all lip-service and unwilling to deal with day to day obstacles.

Great benefits.
Not sure how to feel
R&D Impact Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 15, 2018
I was very excited coming on board with Stryker. I did not know it was going to be so stressful. I have to keep up with my payroll, production. They run a very tight ship.
Pros
Nice employee events and company logo gifts
Cons
Employees are VERY rude and unprofessional, 5 point attendence system
Great Place!
Human Resource Sr. Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 14, 2018
Great place to work. The people are wonderful. There is a great culture of delivering excellent customer service. The facilities and technology were both up to date.
A Good Name on Your Resume
IT Consultant (On Staff Contract) (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 11, 2018
Looks good on a resume; however, their policy in recent years is to hire contract for approximately 90 days and lay off just before unemployment can be made available. At least one HR person told me this. VERY IMPORTANT--once you leave, even if after a contracted position--THEIR POLICY IS TO NOT HIRE BACK IN-EVER.
Pros
Nice work atmosphere
Cons
No job security and once you are out, you are out for good!
Like-minded, highly motivated, and collaborative team
Senior OnSite Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 4, 2018
Great position and company to get experience in many divisions in the medical device industry. Many days are a grind. An integral part of the surgery and SPD process.
Fun summer internship
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 4, 2018
I served as an HR intern over the summer and enjoyed my time. I learned a lot from not only my department but others as well. I was given autonomy on my projects and was able to work on multiple projects.
Pros
access to great resources
terrible company
Foot & Ankle Specialist (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYSeptember 4, 2018
Stryker likes to buy employees and companies. Once they own you they will give you a couple years before they want to get rid of you and bring someone else in that is cheaper.
Pros
Company name
Cons
Terrible environment
The people are great, management not so much.
Material Coordinator/SAP Consultant (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXAugust 28, 2018
The primary issue I had was the lack of leadership when it came to process knowledge at the middle management level. There is a huge risk of major audit findings due to the lack of internal controls mainly because of a lack of inventory controls at the warehouse level.
Pros
Promote healthy lifestyle
Cons
Lack of process control
Production workers became just like family
Production Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJAugust 21, 2018
Very beneficial place to work at, but there is a tremendous amount of pressure to get allot done and not make any mistakes at all. At the time I felt it depended who your manager was to acknowledge how hard you worked and dedicated you were.
Had lots of company events.
Quality Control Engineering Tech (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXAugust 19, 2018
Lot's of free lunches and company activities but felt undervalued. But I did learn a lot about the Investigation of returned Product from the field and adverse events.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Required 200% of me.
ASSOCIATE FINANCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 17, 2018
The job has amazing benefits, great wellness programs, very accommodating for business travel. Great training and development. The only problem is you have to invest all of your time into this job. You are never off. Answering emails at midnight and on vacation. There is Zero tolerance for Error. This is a Type A company with primarily all "Achievers" at the forefront. I could not keep up.
Benefits
Cons
Stress and Pressure, and no work/life balance
A driven company
Global Sr. IS Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 14, 2018
If you got what it takes to succeed, this company is for you. It is highly driven and supports those who support themselves. There is always enough work to go around so buckle up and enjoy the ride!
Pros
Opportunities
No longer a "Salesman's Paradise"
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 14, 2018
Unrealistic expectations. You are given a quota without any thought to the territory you cover. There are managers and reps that are protected and given cupcake quotas while others are given unrealistic numbers.
This used to be called a "salesman's paradise" by upper management but they have created an environment where it is simply a layover until a better opportunity arises. Year after year of commission cuts. Innovation and creative thinking is gone. Other companies offer relatively same products at much cheaper prices.
Disappointed.
Imaging (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 13, 2018
Thought Stryker stood for something, perhaps management makes it feel it doesn't. Regardless, it's all about the popularity and smooching the right "person". Very childish people, not kidding, my son is 10 yrs. old and displays more maturity.
Also, HR should stop listening to their friends and ask questions, not get bias opinions.
Pros
Good pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stryker. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight