STS Technical Services Employee Reviews

Worst Aircraft Mechanics Job Ever, VT is Very Terrible
APP-APG (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 18, 2019
I started working there in January and was looking to advance through the ranks, but quickly learned is was more about who you know than the work that you did. I even volunteered to work night shift twice to show I was there for what ever the company needed.The Leads are clueless most of the time and rather divert you to someone else than actually help. Parts are always on order and never in stock, not to mention the corners they cut in order to get these planes out on time which never happens.

Also I have no clue why they even bother with an HR department, there is harassment all over and no one bats an eye. On the plus side they have man and scissor lifts in order to do your job better, but only 10% of the employees are allowed to use them.

A typical day of work would be showing up 10 minutes before the starts and report to Dock for your corresponding plane. We'd stand there for about 20-40 minutes while the leads dish out the work orders. Then after finally getting to clock in we would go get the parts needed in which case they were mostly out of stock and had to use substitutes or find another job. Then we would go check out the tools needed (torque wrench/dial gauge...) and yes you guessed it, not in stock or already checked out.
So after getting everything needed for work you then get a visit by your lead wondering whats taking so long, but no offer to help.

So in short to me this place was nothing but a paycheck but met some really cool mechanics. Would only recommend this job if you have no other options.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
Leads, Equipment failure, shady work ethics, parts never in stock, harassment, unappreciated
Good place if all you need is expeirence
Auto Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Franklin Square, NYDecember 12, 2018
No experieince needed to get hired so its a good place for a young person to get experience. Although i would not recomend staying since you'll be underpaid and over worked. For example they will have you stay late one night just to cut your scheduled hours the next day so that they wont have to pay your over time. Further more they will want you to sell a certain number of brakes for example so often youll asked to change parts that are still good. All at the same time i had friends working in other places with the same title earning twice as much as i did at STS.
Pros
Good place if all you need is expeirence
Cons
Unfair bonus oppertunities
Short employee's
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Germantown, WIDecember 3, 2018
Good company just need to be more organized
Understand and appreciate the employees that come to work and work mandatory overtime
Raises should increase
Better communication with the workers
They strand you on location
Former Contractor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHAugust 23, 2018
It's all well and good that they receive 5 star ratings, but DO NOT take the Wilmington,OH gig they offer. I was told to report there and NOT worry about having tools. Get there, needed tools. They stated I was to pay a MINIMAL amount for the Baymont Inn weekly rate. Translation? $450 a week.
The supervisor at the facility in Wilmington didn't bother to check ahead if I had tools. The minorities there threw race cards left and right. It was a nightmare. I was dropped from the contract and left in Wilmington with minimal communication with STS for 3 weeks. Had to pay out of pocket for a separate hotel room until I received a new contract through another headhunter. COMPLETE NIGHTMARE!!!

STS still calls me as though nothing happened... This was 10 years ago, but they.....still...call....you...
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 29, 2018
Very nice place to work for they treat you very good they always have jobs if you like to travel all over the states. They will help you out on jobs any time
Pros
They treat you fair
contract work
Mechanic 2 (Current Employee) –  usaMay 4, 2018
Compensation is reasonable.
No Benefits.
Job security depends on Contracts.
Management needs improvement.
Job Culture is amazing.

A typical day: rebuilding heavy wheel trucks from the ground up or installing modifications. work in small teams to complete each build or change as needed.

Workplace culture: mostly veteran based employment and atmosphere. The mechanics are the life of this job culture which keep the doors open and make the day go by with some fun and a few jokes.
Good Place to Work
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIApril 17, 2018
I enjoyed my short stay with STS Temporary Services. I would go back if I needed to, because the people there were really helpful and really cared about you.
company is good
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Herlong, CAMarch 30, 2018
The manager of the sight was an incompetent person and an ex warrant officer which thought it was ok to mistreat the contracted help. He was a battalion level Chief that I was above in Kuwait and I remember him briefly. I have got to be truthful and say that was the worst contract that I have ever been on because of the on site management.
It was contract position
Engineering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WI 53005December 10, 2017
They just most contract place but only person that handle information about last day at work for under employment doesn't know here job or she doesn't work with you correct problem with unemployment.
Pros
Like contract place
Cons
The person handle compliance for unemployment doesn't there job.
No Benefits for Employees
Operations/Logistics Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXNovember 3, 2017
Job was rewarding as long as you are present for work. No holiday pay, sick leave, or earned leave provided for employees. When the soldiers have a four day weekend on base, you are off without pay, normally lost of two paid days of work.
Very nice and confortable place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Worked with retired military personal in a very well maintained bay areas. I've worked in fort bliss for 6 years and that was one of the better contracts I've worked.
Pros
room for avancement
Cons
no paid vacation
Enjoyable, Rewarding and Fair
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIAugust 15, 2017
STS provides a terrific, workplace environment that's hard to beat. Employees are treated fairly and the recruiting team has consistently been rewarded with opportunities that align well with there individual strengths and industry knowledge.
Overall, this group can stack up and win against any of the big box store staffing chains that currently exist. I'm proud to be a part of this organization.
Pros
Exclusive client relationships, No unrealistic metrics
Great environment but need to see more advancement opportunities
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIAugust 14, 2017
The business model here is one to be admired and more companies in this industry should follow suit. That being said, growth for this business has been exponential and while that should open the door for career advancement those opportunities have simply not been there.
Pros
Fillable jobs, outstanding leadership and fun environment
Cons
No clear career path.
Laid back atmosphere & down-to-earth managers
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIAugust 14, 2017
As a technical staffer I have to first say that the management team makes it an enjoyable and very chill place to work. There are talented recruiters who are always willing to impart their knowledge. Based on this year's growth it seems to have a lot of job stability and an optimistic future.
Pros
flexibility, good management, talented recruiters
Cons
needs more structured training program
A great place to work!
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIAugust 14, 2017
Transparent direction from upper management, and terrific work life balance! A very enjoyable place to come to everyday to build relationships and drive for success!
Pros
Culture, Compensation, benefits
Great company who gets it!
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIAugust 14, 2017
If you are a client looking for business, or if you are someone seeking employment, STS is the place to get it!

Great culture, flexible with schedule, easy going people, hard working, etc.
Excellent Organization
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIAugust 14, 2017
This organization recognizes and rewards hard work, and tends to promote from within. They are continually growing year after year, so there are significant opportunities for career advancement for those that take initiative.

Management has an open door policy and interacts regularly with employees at all levels, creating a truly unique atmosphere. They promote a professional, yet relaxed, culture.

The Contingent Workforce has direct access to dedicated resources for addressing any questions/concerns, for anything from worksite grievances, to pay inquiries, to employee appreciation. The support provided to the workforce is certainly one area in which this company excels.
Pros
Culture, Career Advancement, Compensation
Professional and Fun Environment
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIAugust 14, 2017
This company is leaps and bounds more professional than any other company I've worked with. They are very much aligned with the philosophy that if you take care of your employees, they will help take care of the business, which is exactly what I was looking for when searching for somewhere to grow roots. They want you to feel welcome, taken care of, and well informed. They are very transparent in their business which is a breath of fresh air in today's workforce. I would highly recommend working with and for STS Technical Services if given the chance.
Pros
Friendly Staff, Room for Growth
about the warehouse clerk position
Forklift Operator/warehouse clerk (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 29, 2017
A typical day at work was fun and educational from me because i learn new ideals as being a warehouse clerk for a company i enjoyed working for,sorry it was a contract job.
Great Job
Optical Technician position (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 13, 2017
Loved Zeiss. and working in clean rooms. rand the chambers, cleaned ion guns, and sandblasted chambers. kept up with scanning samples from chamber runs, and logging the info. Management was great, wish I didn't have to move away. The only hard part for me was learning the technology in depth, but very interested and always willing to learn more.
Pros
Great Job
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at STS Technical Services. Our community is ready to answer.