STS Employee Reviews

descent pay and bennifits
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 16, 2018
worked on southwest airlines 737's lines in indianapolis while employed by STS.I thought it was a great experience the work was steady, had no pay problems and got good support.
Sts
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAMarch 26, 2018
I worked on the line sitting threw soiled sheets,toewls,and other hospitsl wear.I was ther every day at 4am to 2 or 3,I use to sort the clothes,dry them and fold all on one day
good small shop
CNC lathe operator (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 7, 2018
great small shop! team effort in all projects. everyone willing to help if someone needs a hand. some days your work may change due to what needs to get done
Fast paced
Contract Admin Support (Former Employee) –  Lackland Air Force Base, TXJanuary 28, 2018
Fast paced work.
Government Contracts.
Good Management.
Great place to work.
Stressful due to fast pace and meeting suspenses.
Employees are great to work with.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Salaries cut back
Enjoy working as a substitute teacher
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 28, 2018
STS is a great company to work for. There are no benefits but the number of days worked per wk is flexible.

It is enjoyable to work with different students and at different grade levels. I have made some great contacts at the schools, both teachers, principals, and students.

This could be a stressful job if you are a brand new teacher and start with the idea that all students are your friends. You need to be friendly, set up a rapore with the students and the day flows smoothly. The students are fun to get to know and interact with.
Pros
Flexible week
Cons
no summer work
Unproductive easy work
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  New york stateJanuary 19, 2018
You unloaded tires from trailers pulled orders load trucks for the delivers keep the warehouse clean didn't work hard all the time was an employee owned company
Pros
Discounts descend hours
Cons
Pay
I loved my job at the State
Workstation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNDecember 10, 2017
I wish I would have never left my state job. I would take it back today if there was an opening. I left because they moved my position and hour from my home and I was tired of the drive time.
Great place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PADecember 2, 2017
This company allowed me to practice and polosh my customer service skills before entering the realm of management. I started as a technician and my opportunity grew from there
Nice place to work
Workstation Support (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 22, 2017
State job. Plenty of benefits like days off, insurance, hour lunches, nice environment. The management for the most part is ok. The work load is steady although it can be slow or fast pace from time to time. Only real downfall would be salary.
Benefits
Cons
Salary
I love this type of work i love answering calls and answering any question i can
Office assistant/coordinator (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 1, 2017
I love workimg in an office setting for so many diffrent reasons i just love interaction people the job description. I enjoy going to work everyday and it is soemthing i am good at! A typical day at work is often busy hectic and stressful you are constantly answering calls setting new clients transferring lines and taking messages dealing with the drivers calling about problems or questions. The workplace culture was not a very delightful environment if you are new to the team you will be looked down apon for awhile its like a highschool. Management not very understanding and they are quiet rude but i loved my job so much i shut all of that out.
Pros
The excitement to go to work everyday
Cons
Co workers are not very nice people
fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Aston, PAOctober 1, 2017
Would recommend, the quality of people and their compassion is over whelming. Very fast paced, but our clients were very satisfied with the work that was provided on the daily basis.
Pros
Paid days off
Good company
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Greenville, WISeptember 15, 2017
STS is a good contract service to go through. They listen to what you have to say, and fix problems as quick as they can, which is pretty quick. They are pretty flexible as well.
My experience as a STS worker
Carson Valley Children Aide (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 6, 2017
Its all depends on the company and the school. Carson Valley is not professional when comes to the higher ups, you don't get paid on time or at all sometimes, management is horrible.
Excellent employer with flexible work schedule
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Huntingdon and MIfflin counties, PAMay 25, 2017
STS offers educators the option to create a customized work week within area school districts. As a substitute teacher with STS, an employee accepts the responsibility to implement lesson plans provided by the regular classroom teacher. Classroom management, teaching and interacting with students at a variety of grade levels provides opportunity for professional growth and creativity. Since a substitute teacher's schedule is dynamic and unpredictable, the job is always challenging and inspires the need to remain flexible and to continue to develop new skill sets and knowledge. It permits educators not only to educate but also to gain education insights.
no support or job security
Clinical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 23, 2017
There was is no support or recognition of how hard you work. You don't have a budget to get things for the children in the program. not a safe place..
Pros
close to everything
A lot of work with challenging career in locating.
Utility Auditor and Field Trainer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 22, 2017
Management does not keep employees informed of new in house postions. I had many different jobs in a day to day work. I may start off doing Audits then be called to help retrain a locator in records. Some days I might purge a man hole and do Damage Investigation and Field train new employees.
Pros
Plenty of work.
Cons
No room for advancing in company.
Work with clients set up delivery appointment schedule, meeting
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 13, 2017
I like to been involved with all about work so I spent time with everyone to learn every individual job help me lot keep time for help with work if I have to stay longer at work to cover or finish at project don't bother me I do to keep my job always great
Cons
Not insurance
Good Caterpillar run company
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 8, 2017
Caterpillar run company, set hours, set jobs, had good knowledge of the jobs I had to do. Good pay and insurance. Regret leaving the company but less work now for the company
Does not take care of their empolyees
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Lockhart, TXApril 28, 2017
They need to pay their empolyee better and pay them on the holiday breaks the did not care that the drivers try do jobs why they do because they love to transport kids
Great help from human resources
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Aston, PAApril 2, 2017
Being with STS has done wonders to help further my career as a teacher. They make finding work so easy, and working your own days definitely is a plus.
Pros
work your own days