STT Security Services Employee Reviews

it's a typical job in this industry
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJanuary 2, 2019
This is a typical job for this industry. All of the companies that I have worked for in this state (Michigan) are a carbon copy of each other. It's a pay check but not a career.
Pros
easy enough duties
Cons
no advancement, no management loyalty
great place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 9, 2018
Management was great and loved the hours. Great place to work. Some of the hours were early but I was fine with that. I would recommend this company to anyone. Free lunches or snacks
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Wanted to work full time
Laid-Back Student Job
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIAugust 27, 2018
This company was very lenient to students working for them. For example during most of overnight shifts we were able to do homework, watching movies, listen to music. etc.
Pros
Leniency
Cons
Pay
Good Place to work for.
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIAugust 22, 2018
Very understanding, fun company to work for. Lots of opportunities with this company. Put together, pays well. Bi-weekly pay which is the only downfall.
Bad Apples
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Alpena, MIAugust 19, 2018
There are a few bad apples that make the company look bad. The people in office are fantastic, but some of the people who are put into lead positions don't rightly deserve them and are dissapoining individuals. Some places where contracts are have some poor management and STT Security officers are treated badly by the workers there.
Pros
Friendly management
Cons
No breaks, horrible places to work in
Fun job, not many hours though
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIAugust 4, 2018
I only worked CMU football games and occasionally got calls for other events, so this is a job where you may only work around 12 times per year. There are people that work with them full time, although those positions are relatively rare.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Not enough hours
Its a fun place to work but way to boring
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Charlevoix, MIJuly 29, 2018
I have only bet here for almost 2 months and its a boring job i will tell you that i work at the hospital and it fun at times but it normally dies down
Pros
The work environment is nice and the employees are nice
Cons
Its boring and they dont have much to offer in benefits and pay some places do but some don't
STT was a good place to work. Management at the company projected a highly professional appearance and so did the guards working for them.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJune 6, 2018
The typical day on the job was supervising, scheduling, hiring and terminating employees, as well as performing employee evaluations and writing reports. It was a relaxed atmosphere and upper management were great to deal with. I learned my strengths and weaknesses while at this position. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people, keeping them safe, and just being helpful. I wouldn't say there was a hard part of the job. Overall, the wages were competitive with other security guard agencies in the area, however, employees had to purchase 100% of their benefit package offered by the company which greatly reduced your wages earned.
Pros
The company furnished uniforms.
Cons
Healthcare and Vacation time purchased by the employee.
STT is a great company
Security Officer (Full-time) , Fire Detection (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MI ( American Waste )May 25, 2018
I worked for STT a couple of years ago in the Traverse City area. While I really enjoyed my job, and management, the pay was not what I was used to nor were the benefits. That being said I believe as the company grows so can their bennys. The company recently changed ownership and I see great things for the future of this company. Uniforms are spiffy Good luck and thank you for allowing me to be apart of the team.
Pros
Management, Location of contracts such as Cherry Festival
Cons
Pay, Healthcare was unafordable
Best Security Company Ever
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MichiganApril 13, 2018
STT has been one of the best companies I have ever worked for. Everyone who says that you are unable to advance in the company is just not working hard enough. Hard work allowed me to advance and kept my hours steady all year round. Corporate leadership is always helpful and honest, you just need to ask. Cooperation among the entire staff keeps things working well and you can always count on management to assist. If you are serious about a career in law enforcement or security-related fields, you will not find a better organization to work for.
Pros
Benefits, bonuses, friendly helpful management, great atmosphere
Cons
Sometimes (not fault of company) shifts have to be extended for coverage of events.

Want to know more about STT Security Services?

Ask a question
Not a good company to work for.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 9, 2018
Management and supervisor are a joke, no training what so ever. If something was done wrong, they had the audacity to ask who trained me. Working special events were a nightmare, worked 10+ hrs no break or lunch in 100 degree weather and no one brought us water or released us for bathroom breaks.
When I brought it up to management the only respond they had was to part with the company.
Pros
Pay was ok
Poor Corporate Management and poor pay
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIApril 6, 2018
Supervisors are paid lower than the industry standard with promises for raises not kept by corporate office. No room for growth. If you are hired by STT be prepared to lose brain cells.
Pros
Laziest job in the world
Cons
Obesity, no breaks, poor pay, poor management
never planned to leave
Assistant Director of Inventory (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIDecember 7, 2017
Inventory Department closed down and that's why I left. Not enough hours to work and I would go from full time to part time. Personnel where ok to work for.
No room for growth.
Shift Supervisory, Client (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CANovember 14, 2017
There is no room for growth! Instead of promoting from within they hire people from the outside. Some co-workers do not respect the chain of command!
Pros
Supervisory has weekends off.
Cons
No room for growth.
Great staff and a caring management team.
Officer (Current Employee) –  MichiganOctober 18, 2017
STT has some pretty cool gigs they get into. There’s always overtime available. The managemt team genuinely cares for their employees and does what they can to keep a balanced work life for employees. The only down side is there are some employees with a bad attitude and they can bring others down with their negative Nancy demeanor.
Pros
Overtime, job security, management
Cons
Getting stuck working with the occasional negative or eccentric person.
Great company to work for when you are working full or part time
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MI 48858October 14, 2017
Working as a fill in is a little difficult because you never know when you are going to get hours. You might get a gig somewhere in Midland, Mount Pleasant, Bay City. If you can find a full time position stick with it.
Relaxed, Productive, Fun place to work
Security Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  North Riverside, ILSeptember 21, 2017
Management is great, working with STT INC was one of my best decisions. I work in the mall and the enjoyable part about my job are the coworkers everyone gets along, we treat each other like family,
Pros
work in the mall.
Cons
Pto
Great Place To Work!
Administrative Sargeant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIAugust 4, 2017
STT is a great place to work. We worked long hours and Traveled. Overall, STT and it`s employees are top notch. I would work there again, If i could. I recommend working here.
Pros
Great People
Cons
N/a
Great environment....
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJuly 21, 2017
I joined this company in April of 2017...The company treats their employees well, and allows for a great environment...The company that I work for has an awesome, and friendly workforce.
Pros
The people
Chill jobs
Valet Parking (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIJuly 16, 2017
I liked it here, Worked with all guys and they were cool with me, really easy job. Compensation wasn't bad for what we had to do, worked full time, we got free lunches periodically. Got laid off though!
Pros
Easy work, cool coworkers, compensation
Cons
Laid off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at STT Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.