STT Security Services
Happiness rating is 68 out of 100

STT Security Services Employee Reviews

United States95 reviews

securitysitesupervisoreasyshiftemployeecompanyhour

Made to feel like family

Featured review

STT Security Services selected this as a representative review
This company treats its employees fairly and honestly. They make you feel like you are family. The company gives its support to its employees. STT was a good company to work for.

Pros

Support

Cons

Na

N/a

I truly enjoyed my timr with the company its a great first job for some and could be a great start in the security services world its a place thst i always felt like i was accomplishing something larger than myself.

STT Security Services insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Sense of belonging

Excellent

Great place to work at! There is no micro managing. The managers are really cool and the scheduling is great especially if you are in school. Everyone is welcoming

Watch out

I was brought in as management had good people under me although some were weird very small staff. After only a month and half was told they were letting me go not a good fit for the company they could have called me at home instead of having me waste gas. Honestly as small a job site they had me and the position is really not needed I did more grunt work than actual supervisory work.

You never know where you could end up

Easiest place I have ever worked for, management team is fantastic and they have worked with me very well with my child getting ready to be born and giving me the time I need, definitely could not be happier

Amazing staff from the ground up, great training.can’t wait for my next assignment. A place you can get excited to work for. Better pay scale then anywhere else in northern illinois.

Good job, bad management, doesnt respect your time and will cut hours.

Good job, bad management, schedule is not flexible and super inconsistent. Theres lots of free time to sit and relax. Management doesn't hire enough people and will cut hours (or add too many) to prevent over time, some weeks i work ~30 hours, im full time. They dont respect your time.

Pros

Easy job, lots of free time

Cons

Inconsistent schedule and will cut hours to prevent overtime.

Good place to work for

Good place to work for ,good management. Good co worker n good environment. Easy job with easy tasks. Just do your job n you decide how long you want to work there .

Pros

Management worked times off you needed

Cons

Pay was ok, but not good as others

Great company

STT is a great company to work for if you want to get into security. Great people within the company. Management is behind you 100% and has your back when issues arise.

Every location differs.

It is a great job for those who wish to be able to do something different all the time going from place to place, there are alot of opportunities that go unnoticed that people could benefit from.

I love my job at STT Security Services.

This is a great job with people who truly care about you and your growth with them. This is the best job I have ever had. The people I work with now are very friendly and professional.

Pros

Personal and professional growth.

Cons

No cons.

Easy work, good pay, flexible scheduling.

Really easy job. If you want to work, then there is plenty of opportunities at multiple sites. The owners are great people and there is a good culture at the HQ.

Pros

Good personnel all the way up the chain.

Cons

Can be kind of boring sometimes.

Overall a really nice company to work for, though as with any security detail, clients can be a bit fussy at times but nothing this company's management can't help alleviate.

Pros

Employee incentives, advancement opportunities, and amazing management

Cons

N/a

I loved the swing shifts hours and the clients

The supervisor I had caused waaaaay too much drama between employees. But I did like my coworkers and seeing all the clients at the gate. I got a long with everyone and I do miss them all

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Drama

Run. This company is garbage.

Former employee. They hire any wanna-be cop or sociopath that walks through their doors. Witnessed way too many underhanded things to count. Don't work for them. The pay is awful and your coworkers and supervisor are worse.

Pros

Absolutely nothing.

Cons

Absolutely everything.

Official response from STT Security Services

November 11, 2021
Hello,Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Please send us an email at HR@sttsecurity.com so we can learn more about your experience. We are committed to resolving any issues you may have. We look forward to hearing from you.

Pay Is horrible

The written test is not needed for a job position with STT The pay was horrible vacation and sick day is horrible but the people I worked with were great

Pros

Cons

Pay rate and healthcare terrible

Horrible experience

I was offered a management position with this company. I put in my two week notice with my current job as requested. I had everything set to start, and I received a call just a few days before starting telling me that they didn't want me to come in still, because they were so short staffed that they didn't feel confident in my ability. Little did they realize I know 30 security guards who are about to lose their jobs soon, that I could have brought with me to this position. I have 11 years experience in managing security, soldiers, and a family business. So my ability and experience was not an issue, the issue was a complete lack of respect from this company. I DO NOT RECOMMEND DOING BUSINESS WITH A COMPANY LIKE THIS.

Very low pay/no set schedule

You can work 40 hours one week then 20 the next.It's a very mundane job, a lot of sitting around.Very chaotic scheduling which makes it hard to have a social life.Sometimes you'll go a couple weeks without work till they find an event to have you work

Pros

Simple work

Cons

No personal time, work every weekend, multiple job sites in one week

Horrible!

DO NOT work for these people! The management is horrendous and the supervisor has 0 clue on bow to supervise. They also charge you for licensing fees and I live in a where a license is it required. The worst security company in the history of mankind. I would give them -10 stars if possible

Official response from STT Security Services

November 11, 2021
Hi there,Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We would like the opportunity to learn more about the supervisory issues you experienced. Please send us an email at HR@sttsecurity.com so we can reach a resolution.Have a great day,

Part time 2nd job

I enjoy working for STT Security because it allows me to work my full time job while giving me security during events to earn extra money. I do not have knowledge of what they offer to their full time employees as far as benefits. I work mostly CMU events which is the perfect balance with my full time job.

Pros

flexible schedules

Cons

occasionally rude customers

Awesome

Good place to work awesome environment family oriented care about their employees they help if they can awesome company just a really good company to work for

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at STT Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits