STT Security Services

STT Security Services Employee Reviews

Pay is good at some sites, others are lacking. There are some benefits, they seem about average. Most employees and managers are easy to get along with and provide a comfortable work environment. Hours can be very flexible hich is very helpful and overtime is also fairly easily giving if you show you're reliable. Overall working for this company has been a good experience.
Pros
Flexible hours, friendly staff, and work is fairly laidback
Cons
Varying pay, may have far drive to jobsite
With this company you are just a number. Pay is miniscule. All they care about is keeping the client happy and paying the frontline security guards minimal pay so the top (owners) make premium profit. Also, if a full time employee declines the health insurance (which is marginal anyway), then that employee has their paid vacation withdrawn. This company does not care that they do not pay a living wage. Stay away.
Pros
Available work
Cons
Poor benefits and cruddy pay
Work quality of life is one of the best for any company that I have worked for. They care about their employees. Owner actually visit job sites and communicated with their employees. Easy and Fun work, always something new.
Pros
Flexibility, Environment and Pay
Cons
Benefits are ok
This company treats its employees fairly and honestly. They make you feel like you are family. The company gives its support to its employees. STT was a good company to work for.
Pros
Support
Cons
Na
I have learned so many things while working with this company, and I have been rewarded well for getting the job done right, great opportunity for growth.
Pros
Opportunity to learn many aspects of security, paid vacation, sick pay, opportunity for growth(if you're willing to work for it), professional corporate team
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
I worked for STT for 4 months. I never missed a day and I was never late. This place does not respect a good worker, it was not uncommon for me to work 7, 8, or 9 days in a row without a day off and without overtime on top of my bosses knowing that I'm taking classes at the same time. Your coworkers are not reliable in the least, two people walked off their shift and quit in the same week and it's not uncommon for your relief to just not show up. They take advantage of you with scheduling. I worked every weekend and I would be scheduled in a way where I worked 7-9 days in a row and not get overtime. The bosses are cool and some of the people are cool but it doesn't make up for the way they will screw you over with scheduling. There are no breaks, you eat lunch on the clock, and there is nowhere to advance to. They will find someone who they can rely on, burn them out, and then find someone new. You receive your schedule on a weekly basis, sometimes the day before the work week starts and every day can be a different shift and constantly being called to come in due to people not showing up. It is impossible to have any type of social life working here.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, boring tedious work, little ot, ridiculous scheduling, unreliable coworkers
STT Security Services has provided me with an awesome opportunity to work in the customer service field. During my time with STT I have learned how to deal with customers, fellow employees, and management. I have reached a supervisory position and enjoy working for STT very much.
Pros
Free meals (depending on job site)
STT is a great company to work for . They are always a phone call away to answer any of your questions. They place you as a contractor in wonderful establishments and make sure you have all that you need.
STT Security Services is a great company to work for. With a strong team full of leaders and amazing staff & management, it creates a very enjoyable work environment.
There's always a couple oddballs but overall everybody I've worked with was easy to get along with and always willing to help each other out. I am in the weather a lot, get used to it.
Management plays favortism and harasses employees, specifically John and George (do not trust them). They do not give you proper training or specifics of what youll be doing, they do not let officers know theyll be training anyone. I suggest never working for this company. Very unprofessional and shady when it comes to officer conduct.
A person can volunteer for any position available, any site or shift, and still get treated like they don't matter. Supervisors will harrass you. And you'll get talked down to for enforcing policies you swore to follow.
Minority need not apply Hostile Working environment for Black Americans. Lots of backstabbing, head games, mind games. Monitored and watched at all times. Totally Unprofessional.
You are there to protect the building and make sure important information is passed on to the appropriate people. The location is secured and inspected hourly. The hard part is it is very cold conditions and some stinky where I am at.
Very laid back work environment with the opportunity to work on your own or as a team. Friendly people to work with and regular chances for extra hours.
The management is essentially nonexistent. When they are around (not all, but some) hit on the employees and make passes that are not appropriate. The pay is okay but one of the better paying security companies in the area. The job is said to be full time but I was not given full time hours even once. The same was for a few other employees I worked with .
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay, management
The owners care about the employees and fight to get raises for them. The will go the extra mile for their employees and help them out when they are in need.
Supervisors are available when needed. Job requirements are usually clear & easily understood. Scheduling is usually well handled with advance notice.
Pros
Night work is quiet and generally relaxed
Cons
Night work means relatively little interaction with people
Last i worked at STT security the hourly wage for the charlevoix hospital was 13.50 an hour, for this you had to, with little to no training; deal with death threats, incoherent and potentially dangerous drunk/drugged people, monitor suicidal patients for days at a time, and when you weren't doing that you were covering the hospitals other jobs including custodial and courier duties.
First started working for them and everything seemed fine but after a few weeks realized everyone was out for themselves. Work schedule kept changing every week and couldn’t get any consistency. Everyone complained if they weren’t relieved 30 minutes prior to end of shift. Absolutely zero growth and none of the other employees have any sort of drive or the need to do anything above and beyond. They all complained about walking to much and having to do patrols every 2 hours when the rest of the time you sit and watch movies. No benefits, no sick days, no growth, no teamwork, no more overtime, nothing. Horrible company. I was Army for 8 years so thought this would be great to do but holy smokes I’d rather headbutt a knife. If you are a lazy sack of life then this job is perfect for you.
Pros
Catch up on movies
Cons
Absolutely everything
Management was awful,hours were horrible and pay was horrible. There is no medical no 401k and the clients are so disrespectful. Dont work here I dont recommend it
Pros
Cons
No medical, no overtime, 12 hours a week
Official response from STT Security Services
November 25, 2019
I've been with the company for going on 9 years. I started as event staff and have worked my way up to Lead Shift Supervisor and not once in my time have I had to worry about the benefits package they do most certainly offer. If you don't take the benefits package then that is your own doing.
Official response from STT Security Services
September 25, 2019
This information is not correct. We do have a comprehensive benefit package including medical, vision, dental, life and 401K open to all full time (average of 30 or more hours per week) after 90 days. Additionally, all employees have access to our Employee Assistance Program which can help with basic life struggles. We'd like any additional feedback you may have to be sent to hr@sttsecurity.com and it will be personally reviewed by leadership. Thank you for your time.