STT Security Services

STT Security Services Employee Reviews

United States67 reviews
Great people
There's always a couple oddballs but overall everybody I've worked with was easy to get along with and always willing to help each other out. I am in the weather a lot, get used to it.
Horrible Management- HighTurnover
Management plays favortism and harasses employees, specifically John and George (do not trust them). They do not give you proper training or specifics of what youll be doing, they do not let officers know theyll be training anyone.

I suggest never working for this company. Very unprofessional and shady when it comes to officer conduct.
Undervalued
A person can volunteer for any position available, any site or shift, and still get treated like they don't matter. Supervisors will harrass you. And you'll get talked down to for enforcing policies you swore to follow.
Supervisor is intimated by intelligence
Minority need not apply Hostile
Working environment for Black Americans. Lots of backstabbing,

head games, mind games. Monitored and watched at all times. Totally Unprofessional.
Nice Job with possibility of advancement
You are there to protect the building and make sure important information is passed on to the appropriate people. The location is secured and inspected hourly. The hard part is it is very cold conditions and some stinky where I am at.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Overall Good Experience
Very laid back work environment with the opportunity to work on your own or as a team. Friendly people to work with and regular chances for extra hours.
Okay place
The management is essentially nonexistent. When they are around (not all, but some) hit on the employees and make passes that are not appropriate. The pay is okay but one of the better paying security companies in the area. The job is said to be full time but I was not given full time hours even once. The same was for a few other employees I worked with .
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay, management
Great Employee Centered Company
The owners care about the employees and fight to get raises for them. The will go the extra mile for their employees and help them out when they are in need.
Current venue is a good fit
Supervisors are available when needed. Job requirements are usually clear & easily understood. Scheduling is usually well handled with advance notice.
Pros
Night work is quiet and generally relaxed
Cons
Night work means relatively little interaction with people
If you enjoy long hours and low wages you'll love it
Last i worked at STT security the hourly wage for the charlevoix hospital was 13.50 an hour, for this you had to, with little to no training; deal with death threats, incoherent and potentially dangerous drunk/drugged people, monitor suicidal patients for days at a time, and when you weren't doing that you were covering the hospitals other jobs including custodial and courier duties.
No growth, everyone is out for themselves, back stabbing
First started working for them and everything seemed fine but after a few weeks realized everyone was out for themselves. Work schedule kept changing every week and couldn’t get any consistency. Everyone complained if they weren’t relieved 30 minutes prior to end of shift. Absolutely zero growth and none of the other employees have any sort of drive or the need to do anything above and beyond. They all complained about walking to much and having to do patrols every 2 hours when the rest of the time you sit and watch movies. No benefits, no sick days, no growth, no teamwork, no more overtime, nothing. Horrible company. I was Army for 8 years so thought this would be great to do but holy smokes I’d rather headbutt a knife. If you are a lazy sack of life then this job is perfect for you.
Pros
Catch up on movies
Cons
Absolutely everything
Worst place ever
Management was awful,hours were horrible and pay was horrible. There is no medical no 401k and the clients are so disrespectful. Dont work here I dont recommend it
Pros
Cons
No medical, no overtime, 12 hours a week
November 25, 2019
I've been with the company for going on 9 years. I started as event staff and have worked my way up to Lead Shift Supervisor and not once in my time have I had to worry about the benefits package they do most certainly offer. If you don't take the benefits package then that is your own doing.
September 25, 2019
This information is not correct. We do have a comprehensive benefit package including medical, vision, dental, life and 401K open to all full time (average of 30 or more hours per week) after 90 days. Additionally, all employees have access to our Employee Assistance Program which can help with basic life struggles. We'd like any additional feedback you may have to be sent to hr@sttsecurity.com and it will be personally reviewed by leadership. Thank you for your time.
Slow Paced work
Most days it is a great place to work, slow paced, great co-workers on weekends it does keep you on your toes mostly. Strict rules to follow and a lot of info to retain. But keep your nose clean you wont have anything to worry about.
Little benefit
it is an okay company to work for, there is little chance for advancement, they tend to hire friends and family for management.
I have found to my dismay that too many supervisors/managers feel the rules are below them

the insurance is a joke, high cost with poor coverage and an even higher co-pay and you are ineligible for PTO unless you buy their insurance

pay is fair there are lower paying security jobs out there

too many guards are hired with no experience and given the bare minimum training

the uniforms are fine, but like other security companies in Michigan the equipment used buy the employees is in rather poor condition with upper management refusing to fix or replace faulty equipment

over all there are better companies to work for, just not in this state any more, they all seem to be using the same play book for running the company and how they treat the employees

if you want better, find a different field
Pros
pay
Cons
healthcare, management, equipment, communication
Good Job has it downsides like every job
I worked for them for 4 years. Overall, I had a good experience. Some of the management needs to be turned over but most of my co workers were great to work with. It's the type of job where you get what you put into it.
Great for non management workers.
This is a good company to work for as long as you don’t mind little room for pay increases. I also would never recommend going into upper management. Pay increases solely depend on the volume of accounts, how much they pay the company for security services and how much service they require. The corporate office and employees are very understanding, prompt and have great communication. I can’t speak for other state managers but for me and the state I managed, I felt micro-managed, underpaid for the amount of work I was performing and took over most of my personal life. In conclusion though, this is a very reputable and good company to work for.
Pros
Steady hours if you do the job right.
Cons
Hard to advance in pay and glorified babysitter.
Fast paced
Fast paced, diverse employees, lots of walking, 40hrs/wk, job can be stressful, pays biweekly, starting pay is $16.00/hr, lack of job retention, company isn’t always honest to their employees like saying we’re they have sites at.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Short breaks/lunches, lots of walking
Do not work for them.
Do not work for them. Will throw you under the bus to try and save face with the clients. They don’t care about the entry level employees. Iv seen an extremely high turnover rate in a short time working for them.
Pros
Relaxed work site. Lots of down time.
Cons
Poor management, below average pay.
owners of company do not care about the little guy just filling their own pocket
if you dont take the health insurance which is $400 a month with a $400 deductable then you receive 0 pto days. dont ever expect a raise when the negotiate contracts.
November 25, 2019
This is so wrong because the cost of the health insurance plan is based on the plan you take and how much you make. As for PTO days then you must be thinking of another company.
relaxing job
i am doing a night time shift. and workplace culture is good because i am working at the university inside. the hardest part of the job is, the hour between 10.00p.m to 01.00a.m so that i have to write down all vehicle details.
Stt
Just ok to work for no real advancement or compensation or benefits, for the work you do everyone is paid the same, no pay structure for years of service, new employees started at the same wage as myself
Ask a question about working or interviewing at STT Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9