Stuart C. Irby Employee Reviews

Co-workers are awesome
Did everything except kiss butt (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 17, 2018
Branch manager is a weasel. Girls upfront get what they want and will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat. Warehouse manager is a yes man and will hang you out to dry
Pros
Co-workers and being home everyday
Cons
See above
Good company
COUNTER SALES (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 18, 2018
Great co workers, great company. I was thoroughly impressed with the warehouse staff they did above and beyond sometimes to help the customers out. I was very impressed.
Very good place to work and not much pressure.
Power Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 19, 2018
I worked for a regional sales manager who I had been in competition with for years but I regarded very highly so it was a good thing when I went to work for him. Overall the salary was very good and I enjoyed my job and was surprised when corporate abolished my job. Somewhere in the corporation someone did not like me.
Great Company just moved back to Louisiana
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 14, 2017
Coordinated accounts payable and receivable billing, organized sales presentations to potential clients, prepared sales reports for senior management, and assisted with marketing of company’s products through the utilization of customer appreciation days, direct mail, and participation in vendor fairs. Led the company’s Oklahoma City United Way campaign in 2004.
Okay place to work but disregard to employees by poor management.
Long Haul Driver/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 1, 2017
I've been openly looking for another career, as this place has gone down hill through the years. It's always had bad management and discrimination by said management, but it's a good place to work if you have good work ethics. But also seems hard work doesn't pay off and the less you work, the more you're appreciated.
Pros
Some good people, flexible on the hours, decent pay for the work.
Cons
Bad outside sales; poor communication
Contractor Sales (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJune 24, 2017
When I worked for them, which was many years ago, they were family oriented, cared about the community, pay was decent but not great, but like I said it has been many years since I worked there.
Was a fun place to work early on
Inside Sales - Electrical Products (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 13, 2017
Typically stressful, but enjoyable. Had a very good customer base that allowed for thoughtful interaction and the ability to make good money. Management became a problem.
Pros
Felt like part of the team in early days
Fun working here
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 6, 2017
Long hours,plenty of work,even going the little extra mile means alot.the only down fall I saw here is coworkers blaming each other for simple mistakes.
Good people to work with in the office, not good management
Inside Sales/Safety (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALDecember 12, 2016
ok place to work if you are willing to settle, no room for advancement, they always go outside the company. Upper management need to listen to there store managers and give them the power to run their store instead of micro managing.
Okay if you can look the other way
Regional Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 20, 2016
A lot of misuse of monies by higher ups. A lot of good old boy attitude. Training virtually non-existent, you will be given a job but receive no training. A lot of nepotism.
fun place work and friendly associates
Material handler, forklift driver, load trucks (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 16, 2016
i enjoyed my job and the people i got to work with. i loved meeting new people through the company. i liked learning about different electrical wire and what it is used for.
overall not a bad place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 14, 2016
good coworkers , good wages , good benefits , hours of operation were good , management could have been a little more forthcoming on needed information
Pros
good pay, good hours, good coworkers
Cons
management could not listen to the employees
a great place to work
Warehouse supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richland Hills, TXApril 10, 2016
irby has a great management team that encourages employee growth. the pay and benefits were great and the work was at times very rewarding as we helped out during natural disaster such as ice storms and hurricanes
Fast-paced, enjoyable work place
Regional Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNNovember 14, 2014
Busy all day-phones, emails, employees needing assistance, customer service. Learned how to handle all aspects of running one of the many locations. People are knowledgeable. Must be able to multitask- makes the job even more fun.
Pros
some managers will work with you on family responsibilities mixing with work
Cons
centralized company
Outstanding Company!
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  LouisianaAugust 28, 2014
This is an Outstanding Company to work for! The management is superior. The people are phenomenal and there are many products for a vast array of sales opportunity. The market is endless.
Great place to work, The people are fun!
Front End Sales (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMay 31, 2014
Great place to work, The people are fun! I truly enjoyed my fellow employees and almost every customer! Everyone is friendly and very helpful
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Some of the accounts were strange
fast paced, great employees
Shipping and Receiving Lead (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 28, 2014
was the shipping lead, came in and helped load our trucks, inspected orders as they were pulled to ensure all quantities as well as quality was up to customer satisfaction.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
not a lot of room for growth
Best Electrical Wholesale Distributor in America
Industrial Automation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 22, 2013
Great company, seasoned management, wonderful colleagues, great products and delivery.

If you are lucky enough to work for this company, don't ever leave.
Excellent employer
Warehouse and Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, ALJuly 30, 2013
Very pleased with this employer. Made to feel like a valuable employee from day one. Excellent management and benefits have yet to be matched.
Loved Job but was very difficult
Credit Specialist-Secretary  (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 5, 2013
I was able to work directly with the Credit Manager of the Corporation. He taught me how to handle difficult situations and to understand financial accounts. I was mentored by the best and I thoroughly enjoyed working for Manager. I would start my day by pulling all pre-collected reports and feed information into reports needed to assess collectors. I visited many customers offices and learned how to collect them effectively. I learned the legal portion of holding customers to their responsibilities. Hardest part of my job was working with the Assistant Manager, she was dealing with Cancer and did not work well with others, I loved the way all the employees knew I was new at this position and would help me to understand my duties. I really miss all my co-workers from this position.
Pros
Being mentored and held accountable in my actions
Cons
working with some that was not very happy with job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stuart C. Irby. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about