Student Transportation Of America Employee Reviews

N/a
School Bus Driver/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJuly 13, 2018
Work place was hostile. I loved the kids. The mangers was ok but not the best. Also they gave the best routes to employees who have been there longer. Not who is the most available. Lot of favouritism
Very fun and helpful atmosphere
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJuly 12, 2018
The atmosphere is fun natured and the workers are very helpful to each other when needed and works as a team which is good in a career as which. Management is nice, helpful, patient, and understanding.
Pros
Flexible schedules, off holidays, good pay rate
Cons
Healthcare, Advancement
A good place for retirees to work.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 9, 2018
A typical day at work consist of inspection of vehicle, picking up students and delivering to school on time in a safe manner. I learned to operate and maneuver larger motor vehicles. Management was ok. The hardest part of the job was management of the children while driving the bus. The most enjoyable part of the job was summers off.
Stressful
Bus Driver (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJune 28, 2018
The new manager made things hard for everyone. He kept changing procedures on his own account. Didn’t care what anyone thought. Also the training department was so corrupt and I didn’t want to be part of it.
Pros
Good drivers
Cons
Bad management
Provited a big screen TV for every one to watch.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 13, 2018
The hardest part of the job for me was getting up very early in the mornings. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking the students to and from school each day. Learned to work with many different types of people.
Pros
Free potlucks and food socials.
Cons
No payed holidays.
Hateful work place where most employees will walk over you to get further ahead
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 11, 2018
Other drivers ask about your hours not to be friendly, but to see if they'd like to bump you off your route. I learned to not talk to anybody about anything because it will come back to bite you later. If your seniority is between middle to high, The union stewards will try to make you lose your job period or at least lose your seniority so that they can climb a little higher. If your seniority is below theirs, and they like you - they might help you. The hardest part of the job is looking at smiling co-workers who want to know the latest in your life so they can add to it and spread gossip. The most enjoyable part of the job is driving the students to and from school.
Pros
Driving children to and from school; lots of time off.
Cons
This company is run by the union and not the employer. Lots of time off.
busy, no room for mistakes
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, NHJune 10, 2018
keep your personal life out of work. use common sense and love working with kids. also must love driving and being able to do it with noise in the background.
great for stay at home moms
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Bangor, PAJune 5, 2018
there is no benefits or paid holidays You pick up children at home and drive them to school. You do not have a person with you to help. Extra hours are if you want to do trips for the school district. Great for stay at home moms and retired people.
Pros
great for stay at home moms
Cons
no benefits or paid hoidays
Must love students and driving
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 23, 2018
STA is committed to safety and customer service. Safety training is a constantly reminded to the drivers and staff on a daily basis with a focus on monthly meeting. Our job is caring for other people's children in the best manner possible. Establishing relationships with the students, the parents, and community is the goal to continuing safe and productive service to our school districts.
Loved the people, not the paycheck
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 17, 2018
It's a tough job that requires a lot of patience. They had very good trainers and provided me an opportunity to earn my CDL. I really enjoyed coming to work every day, but wish I had been paid a little better.
If Like To Work With Children
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CAMay 3, 2018
I feel if you just want a part time job this is the one for you. and dealing with children. only work during school hours and you have to collect unemployment during the summer or go get another part time job until school starts again.
Pros
Children
Cons
Summer
Great place to work, great management.
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 28, 2018
Lots of incentives, lots of smiles, acknowledge every employees birthdays, raffles, outside fun activities for employees. Empployee appreciation week,best driver of the year recognition. Good and fun place to work. Great management.
Pros
Free food, pop corn, snow cones, nachos.
Cons
not full time
Drove school bus since 1996
School Bus Driver (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 4, 2018
I like this job just not enough hours a day or week so cant afford benefits also no work no school very hard to survive off this job alone. They train you to drive and get your CDL .
Former employee in Burleson Tx
Driver (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXMarch 25, 2018
Too much favoritism going on and management dont seem to care plus they pay lower than an other company in the area wouldn't recommend unless you like getting shafted plus you get no benefits
Cons
Not enough pay and no benefits
Good for starter
School bus operator (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 9, 2018
STA is a good company for starter with zero experience, they'll train you for free with a personal trainer for 20 hours behind the wheel, prior to 20hrs in class time. Any other fee such as DMV application and DOT medical is on you. Some route may be stressful than other, but they're willing to give a different route upon request.
Pros
Good managements.
Cons
No paid vacation
I had a great experience
Driver (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOMarch 2, 2018
Family-Oriented
Can work as many hours available. I was college student and they worked with me. I enjoy working here, eventually I will be relocating. I will forever be connected to STA
Busy workplace
Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 2, 2018
A typical day at work felt like I really was not at work, I learned a lot about safe driving. I am still good friends with the assistant manager and the work place culture is like family.
Pros
Lots of time off
Cons
No benefits
Fun place to work. Had a ball with my kids.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Ledyard, CTFebruary 28, 2018
I loved "my kids". The only down-side of the job was the early hours and the split shifts. I usually got up at 4 am , started at 6am, drove until 9, went home and was back at 1:30 and drove until 4.
Learning experience with a great oppurtunity to meet other co workers
Diesel/Mechanic Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 27, 2018
management over mechanic shop was excellent and co workers where very good and option on learning more about the job position and increasing the chances of learning while doing so. great communication along with people skills development and more.
Pros
oppurtunity
Cons
fairness
drive school bus
bus driver (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 27, 2018
the job is easy. the kids and parents were great. good place to work for extra money. if you need benefits, its not for you. if you don't linger long in the hub its a good place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Student Transportation Of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

4.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight