Studio C Employee Reviews

Fun place to work for college kids
Receive beverage orders from wait staff (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIOctober 23, 2018
Minimum wage job, very fun place to work. Don't expect much but free and discounted movies and popcorn. No benefits, works around your schedule, very relaxing.
Pros
get better people skills and discounts
Cons
weekends get busy, low hours, no pay raises
Amazing workplace
3D Generalist (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 29, 2018
It was a privilege to work for Studio C. They rely on your skills and let you grow as much as you want to. They let you use your skills in whatever project you are working with.
New company still working towards being great
Interior Designer (Current Employee) –  Casablanca, TNJune 21, 2018
I am the company's CEO and it is still brand new, so b for the time being, so these questions do not apply. There hasn't been enough time to create a work culture and also for now I have no team members. The hardest part of the job is creating a team and a work culture. The most enjoyable part of my day is when I get possitive feedback from clients.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Instability
Higher end of the bad teenage job spectrum
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIJune 4, 2018
Not the worst, but not nearly the best. You are just a number to them. The job itself isn't too bad besides a terrible work life balance. Also there's a strict uniform code
Great Job!
Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 13, 2018
This was such a great place to work, i really felt like part of the studio c! family. I am really sad that i couldn't stay. One of the best jobs i've ever had
A primarily happy and healthy work space
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Okemos, MIJune 25, 2017
On a typical day, I clock in and immediately go to the kitchen to begin washing dishes. A few theaters get out here and there and either my coworker or I clean it as efficiently as we can. Around 5, the closing crew comes in and helps with the dinner rush and the sudden rush of theaters emptying. I've learned how to work quickly, but efficiently and how to be less introverted. The management is usually very kind and accommodating with occasional slip ups and outbursts. Nobody is perfect. We're all human. The hardest part of the job is the dinner rush. Typically 3 o 4 theaters will be getting out within 5-10 minutes of each other, leaving us with only a few minutes to clean in between. The most enjoyable part is getting to know my coworkers. They are all such amazing people with amazing stories and I have never met anyone as kind as them.
Pros
Good food, friendly staff, fun events, and bonding activities
Cons
Occasional rushes
fun place!
Hostess/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIJune 21, 2017
took a bunch of transferable skills from this job. hardest part is not having to much fun! work place culture is very diverse. the most enjoyable part is the returning customers
Pros
free movies!
Cons
short breaks
Artist/Restoration (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 1, 2016
Begin work at 8am, work on restoring posters or other memorabilia. Learned how to work well with others, art techniques, attention to detail. Co-workers are friendly I get along great with everyone. Hardest part of the job is doing signatures or small lettering. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work on historical art. I have always loved artwork and this is an ideal job for me.
company can be fun
Lead Bartender; Trainer (Current Employee) –  Okemos MIAugust 28, 2013
while this company can be fun to work for they also dont allow for advancement and treat employees unfair at times.