Studio Movie Grill Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
This job is pretty great ! Wonderful people!
Server/Waitress/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 11, 2018
This is a great place to w. Nl o. I. Y. U. Sc iufybg ni. Jb just a great day for me and my dad to go get my nails and I nails the hair done trynna I gotta hgu
What I leaned
Runner (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXAugust 11, 2018
During my time at this establishment I learned great team and leadership skills and what it meant to be apart of a family. I went into work happy to be there and made great friends
Pros
Free movies and half off food
Cons
Low hours during school year
Ok place to work
Kitchen Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 11, 2018
Good place to enjoy a good night out with family and/or friends with some descent price food and drink. Friday and saturday are fun. Right after u watch your movie step out and enjoy yourself in their club area.
Fast paced and bad management
RUNNER/EXPEDITER (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXAugust 10, 2018
Management was terrible and didn;t listen to you or let you go home when you had school the next day. kepts students there for up to 10 hours, sometimes even later.
Pros
half off on food
Cons
the food was still expensive
fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 8, 2018
working in the Studio Movie Grill Plano box office pasition is a relaxing and welcoming place to work. The co-works are fun to get alone with same is said about the managers who run the day to day operation. you get to help customer solve problems to retrieve their movie tickets, change sitting, let them know about daily specials, as well as direct them to there theaters where there movies are playing.
Pros
free movies, free drinks, half of on all food, and a rich dynamice atmosphere
Cons
short hours, inconsestent sceduling
Fun place to work
Runner/Busser (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 4, 2018
I love working at studio movie grill the food there is great and the service is awesome. I and going to miss the employees that are there. Love it . .
Pros
Food discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Productive,Fun workplace,but serious and fast paced
Runner/Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 4, 2018
Studio Movie Grill was one of my favorite jobs although everything's fast-paced it's to ensure the customers quality of experience is 100%. Studio Movie Grill emphasizes on the Customers experience so everything was about that.
Very fun environment
Runner (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 2, 2018
It was a great job experience. Good communication. Very flexible and schedule friendly. They just don’t tell you a start and finish time. Just a finish
safe and sound for students
Server (Former Employee) –  The Colony, TXAugust 1, 2018
This job allowed Students to go to school stress- free and gave us the opportunity to make the money for our respective lifestyle. The only knock is the hours you may have to work to make more money.
Good first time job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAJuly 25, 2018
The shifts are no longer than 6-7 hours and depending on when you make yourself available the days you work go by fast. The workplace is almost family like as in once you get to know the co-workers, you're siblings in a sense. The toughest part is the management (exempting the one who schedules shifts) for you make poor decisions left and right and do not plan accordingly and react to bad situations very timely.
Pros
Free movies (on selected days)
Cons
Current Management

Want to know more about Studio Movie Grill?

Ask a question
Fun work place
Box Office Attendant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 23, 2018
Great place to work in while being a high school student a great first job. I would recommended to anyone that is looking for any type of experience. It has some flexible hours
Fun but too much drama
Cashier/Box Office (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 19, 2018
working here was okay until the truth started to show, they are very slow in orders and guest always complain about cold food. I wish I could've stayed to rearrange somethings but honestly management can be disrespectful but if you chat to the right people this would be a great job ( Box Office )
Pros
Free Movies, discounted food 50% off
Cons
no breaks often, disrespectful
It was fun
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 18, 2018
It was kind of poorly paid the runners got 6.50 including tips. But overall it was a great job. However we did not get no breaks. We had to stay on our feet 8 hours straight.
Pros
Free show screening
Cons
No breaks at all
Runner (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 17, 2018
It’s a great place to work actually because the work environment is friendly coworkers are friendly the place is kept clean and it was decent pay for the position u work
If you've visited then you know!
Server, Runner (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJuly 12, 2018
If you have ever had the chance to visit studio movie grill then you know it is one well oiled machine of a restaurant. Workers have their jobs and know what to do. everyone you work with becomes part of one big family.
It's a 1 of a kind job.
Server and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 10, 2018
Everyone should try it as a youth. As they say you can't by experience and it's an amazing experience I wouldn't take back. It's Just not for me anymore.
Pros
Free movies 50%discount on food.
Cons
Ruins your movies and sleep schedule.
fast paced!
Server , bartender (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 6, 2018
I learned so much from this job. it taught me time management patience and how to memorize anything and everything. you serve up to a clientele of almost 1000 people per 2 hour timespans. the hardest part is having to work with people who do not care about their job because you work on teams and split your tips amongst each other. once you serve here you can serve anywhere. 10 heaters and one of them held up to 375 people. you really learn how to serve at a place like this
Pros
once you serve thee on a busy day you can serve anywhere
Cons
short breaks
They work you too hard for the little bit you make an hour with no breaks!
Runner (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 6, 2018
I wouldn't recommend anybody to apply for this job because you only get paid 6.50 an hour if you're a runner plus tips which isn't even minimum wage. They expect you to stay on your feet the whole shift with no break and nobody has a scheduled time to get off so no telling how long they'll try to make you stay.
Don't expect much
Box Office & Ticket Host (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2018
My time here was shortlived as it conflicted with my school. I would immediately leave school and drive directly to work and I would get home at midnight. Managers don't care about you as a person. You're underpaid, overworked, and disrespected.
Pros
free movie tickets
Cons
You will not have a life, all you will have to show for your work is a tiny paycheck
Productive fast paced place to work
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2018
A typical day at work is hectic. I learned how to work quickly and communicate to guest. The management was very hands on. The workplace culture was playful and very interactive. The hardest part of the job was distributing the work evenly.The most enjoyable part was working with the employees.
Pros
Discount on food, and free movies
Cons
Poor communication with staff members

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Studio Movie Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

1.7Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight