Study.com

Study.com Employee Reviews

United States35 reviews
Worked as an instructor and was able to write lessons at my own pace on my own schedule. Company did a good job screening instructors and assigning lesson material relevant to their background.
Workplace is conducive for learning communication and attention to detail. Workmates are highly professional individuals wherein attaining good quality of work is a common goal.
Pros:
The worker has more control, not micro-managed often, if at all.

Great flexibility with time and location (whatever the worker wants to do), just need decent internet service and you're set.

Work as much or as little as you want.

Con:

Should be paid better to reflect performance.

Not sure if they fully understand the concept that if they are more competitive with compensation, they would attract/keep good talent to sustain/grow a GREAT concept/vision.
Fully Remote
Work your own time

Monitor Workload

Most enjoyable is when you work as many as you can you will get paid much more, it is motivating actually
You will make more working in a factory. Pay could be MUCH HIGHER as this job requires highly specialized knowledge. Good for CV though as filler before a full-time proper paying job could be obtained. You will be forced to learn or re-learn a lot about your field as you answer questions. This is a good thing. You own your time as there is no quota of questions to answer. No commuting as this is a work at home job.
Pros
You own your time, no commuting, learning a lot about your field
Cons
Pay is very low
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
I really enjoy crafting a lesson plan that lets students learn information, especially about the fields I am passionate about. Developing a storyline that incorporates the lesson facts and puts them into an engaging setting with relatable characters lets me merge my love of writing fiction with the needs of the lesson. Putting together a test that fairly assesses the student's progress in learning the key points of the lesson is a very interesting challenge sometimes and I enjoy it too.
Pros
flexibility, chance to research and learn new things
Cons
variable work availablility
I worked at Study.com for 5 years as a video editor and a content reviewer. And it's the kind of job that is what you make of it. You can set your own hours and do however much or little work as you choose because it's a contract position and everything is done online. However, there is no guarantee that work will be available for you at any particular time. There are many stretches of several days, sometimes weeks at a time, where the work queue would slow to a crawl. Every contractor would be fighting for dibs on the next job, and the only option would be to refresh the page every few minutes hoping to be the first one. When I chose to leave my contract position, I had managed to get maybe 2 or 3 jobs in almost 2 weeks, when my normal workflow was about 4-5 jobs a day. I wasn't able to support myself on so few hours, so I didn't renew my contract when it was up. I don't know if the amount of available work has improved since then, but things seemed to be reaching an ending point for everybody.
As a SAHM and former teacher, Study.com provided flexibility to work in an educational setting while still caring for my child. The pay was not necessarily commensurate with experience, but choosing your own hours and the amount of work you completed was very nice in my situation.
As a writer or reviewer, Study.com allows you to work whenever you want with how much or how few hours you need per week. The guidelines are very straightforward and if you need help the support teams are usually quick to respond and are very respectful. You work from home, and check out articles at your own leisure. Only downside is when there aren’t many article topics left in the pool, and a new guideline isn’t available. Great company!
I love being an employee here at Study.com! My managers are awesome and very helpful. The workload can be a lot but with flexibility of hours it's a lot easier to manage. The PTO and benefits are amazing! The pay is moderate and would be the one of the only things I'd change about the job. The other would be to have monthly meetings with the team so that we can get brought up to speed or corporate business and communicate between the different departments.
The company offers flexible work hours. They provide excellent links to excellent resources. Although generally cooperative with writers, sometimes instructions can be confusing.
Study.com is a great place to work. Like any other company it is what you make it! The atmosphere is much like a start-up. The company is growing and lots of great things are happening.
Pros
Culture, people
Cons
Maternity leave policy is 5 days
I loved working for Study.com when I first started because as a contract worker there was so much to choose from and I was never waiting for something to pop up. I soon learned that is only the case when they earn a new contract and then slowly the availability of projects decreases until there is only a few. The management is good about replying for technicals issues or project questions, but take longer to respond about new project dates or projected new contracts, etc. Basically, this is not a reliable source of income by itself. It's great as long as you aren't relying heavily on it for income. I did notice that management will reach out to current contractors with new opportunities which is really nice! Everyone I worked with was very nice.
Pros
Unlimited flexibility with schedule.
Cons
Not always steady
I have worked for two years with Study.com on a contract/freelance basis, and have been very happy with the company. The supervisors are very helpful and friendly, and I have worked with several editors who are very invested in helping the writers do their very best work.
Pros
interesting work, freedom in schedule
Cons
lack of consistency in freelance jobs
I love working for them. I can work as much or as little as needed. I am able to write lessons in areas that I have experience and increase my experience by researching new topics to write about.
The pay is ok but there hasn't been any work for a while so i didn't think it was worth applying for so little work.This is not a part-time job, more likea fiverr side gig thing.
Pros
work from home
Cons
no work, pay is ok
I enjoyed working with Study.com and saddedned that my contract ended. Working with them was enjoyable and engaging. I was able to have control over the topics I wanted to write about and the editors were great to work with.
I've been with Study.com for more than two years, and I enjoy the flexibility and consistent work. There is consistent work available, and the review process and payment is efficient.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Limited advancement and no pay increase.
It is a contract job, so the amount of work is never predictable. Pay is not great, unless there is enough work, and you can do enough to make it worth your time.
Pros
Can work whenever it fits your schedule
Cons
Not enough work, and the work is repetitive
Initially, I was hired as a contract writer for text lessons, which was very enjoyable and an easy way to earn a quick $40. When that project expired, a new project was introduced with significantly lower compensation. Although the work was lighter, $4 per question answered seems a bit low.

Still, the work is not difficult and the team is very easy to work with. They are quick to answer questions I might have.
Pros
Flexible schedule, work is straight forward
Cons
Poor compensation for the newest project
Company culture is great. Suffering currently as they try to figure out upper management and business lines. The people are great!! your manager or director might not be.