Sturdy Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Solid Community Hospital
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAFebruary 28, 2019
I am happy to have had the opportunity to work at this hospital as a per diem employee. Colleagues seemed happy with their positions and management was supportive of the staff.
More stress than it's worth.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAFebruary 27, 2019
Very stressful place to work, bullying behaviors within the department; between employees and from management to the employees. Micromanaged with coersive management styles, little opportunities to learn and grow professionally. High turn over rate.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Everything else.
Big on hiring nursing students
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MassFebruary 19, 2019
Very busy community hospital. I will say needs improvement on management, pay is reasonable. They need to try to keep their employees for a longer periods of time.
Pros
reasonable pay
Cons
working short all the time
very helpful
Accounts Payable/Payroll Representative (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAFebruary 10, 2019
everyone is very helpful and happy. upper management treats you like a human being unlike other places worked. they include you in meetings regardless of your position unlike most places worked.
getting worse by the day
Manager (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJanuary 6, 2019
this is becoming a place where you don’t know if your job is safe day to day. They are letting people go and the workloads are becoming unbearable. This is how patient care deteriorates quickly.
supervisor allows freedom and confidence
Discharge Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MADecember 21, 2018
I enjoy the supervision allowing and trusting in doing your work. I have been allowed to become creative and gain more responsibilities to learn more and feel a variety of work.
Pros
freedom
Cons
office
productive environment
Imaging File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAOctober 29, 2018
filed x-rays, hung radiology films such as xrays and mammograms for radiologist to review. developed x-rays in dark room, answered phones. ran errands.
Pros
was a great place to work
Cons
n/a
It was hard to continue to work in an environment where services were not 24/7
Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAOctober 28, 2018
Could not 100% give safe patient care as anesthesia was not always available for emergency situations. There were times when the person had to come in from home.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Short staffed, mandatory on call
Great people to work with, wonderful benefits
Medical Technologist (Generalist) (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAOctober 25, 2018
A very nice place to work for, with great people, and terrific benefits. They all work as a team. I would recommend this hospital to first time employees and even experienced ones.
Fast paced, exciting
Emergency Room Registrar, ER Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAOctober 3, 2018
Working in the ER Department can be very exciting and very sad. I think that you would need to e able to work under pressure to work in the ER and Admitting.
Pros
fun, fast paced
Cons
Sad
nice place to work
Observation Aide (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAAugust 1, 2018
• Monitor patients for safety while documenting all events during shift
• Repositioning patients every two hours to ensure adequate circulation
• Assisting patients to and from restroom when at all possibly
Never a dull moment
Out Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MA 02703July 19, 2018
Working in the Hospital Registration your given the opportunity to "wear many hats". My time there was an excellent learning experience. Sturdy is a small community hospital and has continued to grow along with the population.
Pros
each day brough new challenges
Cons
weekends
Privately owned
Clerk Phlebotomist/Central Processor/ CytologyTech (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJuly 14, 2018
Sturdy Memorial Hospital is one of the best places I've ever worked for. I've been to many hospitals as a patient along with volunteering my services. Sturdy memorial in my opinion ranks within the top 10.
Pros
privately owned
Cons
nothing
A good place to work
Financial Analyst (Budget & Reimbursement) (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJuly 3, 2018
Sturdy Memorial Hospital was a great place to work. I think it's ideal for parents who need a full time income, but don't want to take work home with them. You will make a competitive salary, but you will typically be able to leave your work behind, if you prefer a "job" to a "career", per say.
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
limited hoidays
nice place to work
central registration (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJune 27, 2018
i enjoyed the people i worked with, it was a great learning experience. the hours were exactly what i was looking for. the superiors were a great trainers as well.
Mixed
Clinical Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJune 27, 2018
The job is unnecessarily stressful. Programs could be more updated to make preauthorizations and other functions more time efficient, use of less paper trails would save time. Added staffing where needed (instead of loading current employees with added responsibilities) would be prudent.
Staff in my department, and most others too, are very nice... good sense of teamwork.
Pros
Good people, good salary, good benefits
Cons
High stress, better management practices, better software updates
Good place to begin as new grad RN
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJune 8, 2018
New Grad Residency program is supportive and made me feel feel equipped to begin my career as an RN. Experience on unit as well as off unit shadow experiences
Very professional
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJune 5, 2018
Sturdy Memorial is a wonderful place to work for. The staff is incredible and I never feel like I am alone in my tasks. I always have help and there exists a lot of teamwork.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
short breaks
Fast paced professional atmosphere
Sturdy Urgent Care Practice Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAMay 24, 2018
With my job, we had to be on point each and every day. I had to make sure we were fully staffed and supplies were available for the urgent care requirements of patients to keep up with the demand.
Working in L&D
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAApril 4, 2018
A typical day on the labor and delivery unit included working with the laboring couple, supporting the young family through birth, the post postpartum period and care of their newborn baby. This family centered approach was filled with many facets of nursing care for the new or expanding family.
The workplace culture is very supportive of both the nurse in her work and collaboration to meet the families' needs
The hardest part of the job was rotating to the night shift :)
The best part of this job was the incredible satisfaction in watching the new or growing family become confident in the care of the new Mom and the family's newborn care.
Pros
the positive and supportive work environment
Cons
shidt rotation and on-call shofts