STV Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Structured Workplace
Architect Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2018
Very structured workalike, but this is required in a company with so many departments and handling mega projects in construction and architecture. Good mentorship provided for new recruits.
Pros
Free lunches and training
Top Down Management
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 16, 2018
Depending on which office you work in there is zero room for advancement/growth. It appears that management prefers to hire from outside rather than promote from within. Zero loyalty to good workers.
Bad top management
Senior Supervising Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAApril 19, 2018
The main problem with the company, especially in the West, is that top management does not really about the employees but to make money at any cost, or try to make some money on contracts that were taken at low remuneration in order to win them, since many times they cannot win jobs based on expertise and competence.
Pros
Friendly colleagues, nice office
Cons
Upper management policies to recoup poorly signed contracts from a financial point of view, almost no advancement at all.
Demonstrated an ability to communicate with integrity to build trust and support others. Exhibits self-awareness to adapt behavior in order to conne
Administrative Assistant/Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2018
Very Challenging and fast paced.
Learnt to take responsibility to gain results.
Constantly demonstrated leadership to meet proposal deadlines
Hardest part of this position was not gaining cooperation
Most enjoyable part of this job - met the deadline of a proposal and won the contract.
Intern Experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 16, 2018
STV was a great company to see what it was like to work in the field of architecture. Being an intern at STV was something that I needed at that time in my life. I got to work here through a different program that matched me with skills that I had obtained during my high school years.
Superb work culture, Excellent Team
Architectural Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2018
Good job for people who like to maintain a good work life balance.
Great place to work. There are a tremendous amount of good, kind-hearted people at STV. I have excellent coworkers and the company provides a rich medical insurance plan.
Excellent staff - Organized, responsible, productive.
Area Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 20, 2018
1st rate company. Fully enjoyed my tenure. I have worked for many consulting firms and STV is the best, by far. They great care to create a working environment that seeks to ensure that the employees are eager and willing to put their best effort toward continuing the success of the company.
Pros
Excellent benefits, friendly personnel, cooperative atmosphere
Cons
Can't think of any
Productive, detail oriented, educational
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  225 Park Avenue SouthJanuary 24, 2018
Engineering firm with 35+/- offices in the US. Shared projects across offices. Transportation, Infrastructure, Architecture, Buildings, Facilities Construction and other divisions.
Pros
Various projects to work on, Wonderful Support Staff, Continuing Education Resources
Cons
hills (overflow of work), valleys ( lull in available work) for engineering staff primarily
OK place to work
Building Envelope Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 5, 2017
I and two others were hired at STV as a part-time Building Envelope Consultants to form, along with two full-time Architects, the Building Envelope Department in the Boston office by a newly-hired VP.

Unfortunately, the type of clients we were allowed to pursue was restricted by company policy so we couldn't go after private work. The result of that was the department mostly dissolving when most of us, including the Architects and VP, were laid off.

In general, it's a big company and acts like it, for both better and worse. You do wonder sometimes about who rose to top positions and why, but you get that in big companies.

My job was only part-time and on a different floor than the main local office, so my observations are somewhat limited.
Pros
Some big, interesting projects
Cons
Part-time work
all is helpfull
Civil Engineer (Current Employee) –  any where countryDecember 4, 2017
I will best level to delivered consultation. I truth ful hard working success in the jobs.and communities is very realted with a jobs. so could down and helpful for working.
Pros
free tention. refresh mind
Cons
other works
workplace
ARCH. Designer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 22, 2017
It was a company that got transport and maintenance projects, both trains, buse, metro lines. I had national and international projects. I had all the disciplines within the company and there were many people prepared in their areas of work. It had offices in different states of the union.
After the ruble of low transportation, they postulated to several education projects, like high schools to remodel, of those that work in 3
Pros
Good project
Cons
When runs out of projects
Summary
Project Accountant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 17, 2017
STV is about the employees. They are great company to work for and I enjoy being here everyday. STV hires talent and they take the time to train, mentor, and mold their employees.
Good palce to work
Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2017
The boss taught me a lot. Good for my first job.

Off early on Fridays. Was very invoved in the deal making.

Great views of the Hudson River. Free Breakfast.
Everyone spoke to me and I spoke to them
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2017
A typical day at work was getting together in the morning and talk business.
I learned how to read RFI's RFP's and submittals
Management was great. I worked at my own pace.
Workplace culture was quiet. We were all able to hear our thoughts.
The hardest part of the job was getting to it via subway.
The best part of the job was liking everybody.
Pros
Working at my own pace
Cons
N/a
typical day
Pharmacist Tech (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 5, 2017
working at stv chemist pharmacy was really great, i learned many things... management is very good and very equal with all employee .. i will recommend any one to work or to get there medicine from them... nice humble people.
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 29, 2017
You will learn a lot from this place, they will do their best to help you succeed in the position you are going for. People were friendly and always willing to do what they can.
growth company needs good leadership needs to be more agressive in market pursuits
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 27, 2017
Company wants to excel but still needs to grow in management philosophy practices. Has a hard working admin support staff. Company needs to develop a work share program internally to support staff with similar experience, to reduce employee RIF's
Pros
Managers do not micro manage staff
Cons
Still trying to identify itself
review
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 24, 2017
Relaxed workplace with smart people. Enjoyed working there at various projects. Everyone was helpful and willing to help. Good place to learn about the transportation industry
Too much involvement
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Cathedral City, CASeptember 18, 2017
Working there was difficult due to an owner who involved himself too much in the employees personal life. Plus the job is now a contract position so no benifits.
Department Manager - Construction Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2017
High profile projects Rikers Island maximum security prison, Acela maintenances facilities in NY, Boston and Washington DC.
Project teams worked well together.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at STV. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.2InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

1.0Career Opportunities

1.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight