Style Encore Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Stylist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 27, 2019
The Manager Is VERY Judgmental and Rude to employees and customers. I was asked if I was a thief in a round about way, then when I confronted her she ignored me. You will be talked to like you are a child, and paid nothing for general labor. Taking a break or having lunch is frowned upon, so you are ostracized when doing so. You also need to write every hour you are there. She will not pay you for training. .the owners have no idea how bad thier store is truly being run, maybe they will wake up one day and realize what’s taking place. I had to call about my interview not once, twice but three times because she kept losing my number. Worst place I have ever worked and it will make you want to quit within the first few days you will lose any upbeat personally you came in the door with..
Friendly staff
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLSeptember 20, 2019
Style encore is a fast paced place but there’s always time for people. Our customers are the life blood of the store. When they are not happy we are not happy. We always strive to help each customer with their individual needs.
Loved my coworkers/job HATED management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Exton, PASeptember 17, 2019
Great coworkers/job
Owner micromanages every.single.thing.you.do. It's insane. You get called out in front of coworkers if you make a mistake as well.
Pros
discounts, cool co workers
Cons
not paid enough, micromanaging boss, expectation is perfectionism
Very fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  D'Iberville, MSSeptember 4, 2019
It is a great place to work I have learned so much.
you go through clothes
hang clothes
value clothes
you tag clothing with the prices the computer sets
Fast-paced but not too overwhelming
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 16, 2019
I worked here for a few years. It wasn't too hard of a job, but definitely needed help with management. Communication was a big issue a lot of the time.
Pros
Lunch breaks, friendly staff, not difficult
Cons
No benefits, rude customers, poor communication
Style Encore
Key Holder Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALJuly 30, 2019
Good place to work, good people, clean work environment. Works well with schedule changes, and family emergencies. Easy to gain trust and promotion although promotions do not pay much different than regular sales positions.
Poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 28, 2019
Management was very unprofessional. Maybe because they had multiple stores and did not have very good training. The pay and the raised were great though.
Not a terrible place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 1, 2019
The work was fun and interesting. I learned a lot about the fashion industry, and designer items. However, there are no staff meetings, and staying updated on changing conditions is unreliable. Only one 30 min break on full work shifts without additional breaks. But management is polite, and kind to employees and fun to work with.
great laid back work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Diberville, MSFebruary 12, 2019
Performed managerial tasks, balance of sales accounts, insure daily bank deposits, hiring and training of new staff. Adjust and change scheduling as needed. Monitor inventory in order to maintain required stocking levels through an automated auditing system that I helped create. Investigated gains and losses of inventory and advised of the proper inventory adjustment actions to take. Being required to open and close the business at late hours required developing of effective security measures to be put into place to insure safety of staff. I Handled reporting of all hazardous incidents encountered during shifts. Ensure notification of authorities when required and performed accurate documentation of hazardous incidents, mishaps and/or incidences with patrons for insurance purposes. Handled all correspondence and assisted in the completion of investigative reports with law enforcement agencies as required. Ability to communicate, coordinate, and prioritize tasks to individuals of various backgrounds. Performing continuous analysis of the mental state of patrons during special events to help ensure measures were taken to ensure the safety of the patron and others.
Horrible place to work.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 29, 2019
I was their most loyal employee and worked there since the doors opened. Management steals from company, violate all sorts of franchise regulations, and are sure to go out of business. They borrow money from other locations because they can’t meet deadlines or produce revenue in sales. Growth isn’t even in their dictionary. They work you inconsistently not allowing you to make a home / work life schedule. You get sent home early, not allowing a stable financial situation. This job is recommended for those who are in HS. The management is childish and expectations are always out of your job description not to mention pay grade. I do not recommend this establishment to ANYONE
Pros
20% discount on NON-NAME BRAND ITEMS.
Cons
EVERYTHING! Horrible horrible establishment
productive and fun workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYDecember 12, 2018
Overall its a great place to work... All of the employees are like family to one another. Were productive at work but when we have store outings we have fun.
Pros
n/a
Cons
no breaks
Fun place, decent pay, good coworkers
Associate (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAJuly 28, 2018
A relatively easy place to work with good opportunities to learn new skills. Competitive at times but overall good staff. Decent pay and some small benefits, occasionally parties, free lunch.
fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 21, 2018
Working here really is fun if you enjoy fashion and clothing, but can be stressful for a retail job. Associates have a lot more responsibilities than one would expect at a retail job. There are a lot of procedures and rules to learn but the training program is helpful at getting you accustomed to the work. The hours are pretty long (9 hrs with 45 minute breaks) but you get used to it.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
long hours, many responsibilities
Busy
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 24, 2018
A typical day involves buying and selling clothing to customers. very busy and requires ability to multitask. It can be somewhat stressful and schedule is unpredictable and changes week to week.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Never enough help, low compensation.
Style Encore
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 11, 2018
Style Encore was a great place to work at. The management was quite friendly and really did their best to work around everyone else's schedules. I learned to be more open minded and outgoing as I communicated with everyone I came in contact with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 14, 2018
Wish they paid more, not much room to move up.
Fun environment and good first job. Loved the management and other employees. Enjoyed the introduction to working in retail.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Pay
Catty, stuck up environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 29, 2018
Horrible manager, who would call her employees fat to their face. The pay is horrific for the Orlando, UCF area. The hours were not healthy, and sometimes the manager would not let you take breaks.
Summary
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 8, 2018
Working at style encore is very relaxing, the job duties include; sorting through clothing, communication with customers and keeping the store looking nice. Everyone who is employed at Style Encore is a joy to work with and we all are a team player.
Great for someone's first jobs.
Sales Associate / Register Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALFebruary 5, 2018
This was a quick paced job and had a lot of tasks to complete but it was team oriented so everyone pitched in with every task. The people you work with are friendly and we had fun but we always accomplished our tasks. Towards the end, there was some drama but it wasn't to bad.
Pros
good discount, decent breaks
Cons
Advancements were not the easiest to obtain
Great store
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 21, 2018
As a business consultant, I enjoyed following trends and helping implement strategies to improve existing business protocols. The store really is a great store. It's part of the Winmark corporate resale family, so there are guidelines that have to be followed. I just helped strengthen and educate the owners on the business side of things.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Style Encore. Our community is ready to answer.

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?