Subway Employee Reviews

Found 30,211 reviews matching the search See all 37,613 reviews
Wouldn't work in good service again
SANDWICH ARTIST (Current Employee) –  ChinoJune 18, 2019
Everything sucks. Literally. I hated working here and all the stress is not worth the tiny compensation. I've literally cried in the fridge because being there and dealing with everything from the tasks to employees is terrible. Odd hours, annoying time between receiving schedules and really hard to ever get anyone to cover for you. The whole experience of working here has completely shattered any potential interests in food services.
It is a great place for me to work and I appreciate the opportunity to show my skills and talents with my superior customer service.
Fast Food Worker (Current Employee) –  Phelan, CAJune 18, 2019
When I get to work I immediately put away my things and check two food storage units to see what the store is low on. If I notice the food up front is low in supply I go in the back fridge and take it out for processing.The more experienced workers give me tips on what I can improve on when I am doing this. After I'm done checking and prepping the food I head up front to assist my coworker with customers until the line is gone which can last for 30 minutes or longer. During the short time period of having no customers I help clean the store by washing dishes, sweeping the floor, wiping off the tables and moping the floor. I also restock the chips during the afternoon. I also run the cash register. A typical day of work is very fast paced due to the amount of customers we receive.
Pros
The employees get a 50 percent decount on any meal.
Cons
The breaks are short and employees work on holidays without extra pay.
Trash
Subway Sandwich Artist manager (Current Employee) –  Grand BlancJune 18, 2019
no management support from any levels. district to corporate,
no room for growth.
required to do more than paid for.
competitive pay.
scheduling issues every pay period.
Interesting and stressful
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Powhatan, VAJune 18, 2019
I never had a second interview I was just hired. I never knew how much I made, I wasn’t properly trained. Only work with my manger 1 time for one hour and never saw her again. My shifts were short not worth the drive with me living far out
It was alright
Subway Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, OHJune 18, 2019
I just need more stable hours and a schedule I can work with, it was ok here but I just need more hours in a day instead of spread out in a week. I don’t mind being here but when you sometimes either work 3 or 12 hours it gets kinda stressful especially if it’s busy and just two people
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No health benefits or high enough pay.
Horrible
Cook and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Springfield ilJune 18, 2019
I worked through someone else that ran the subway I was working at. They fired me for prepping too much food. And also for prepping to much food i didn't even make up they just put my initials on it. I would definitely NOT recommend working for them at all.
Too much effort and demanding requests for little pay.
Server (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 18, 2019
I wouldn’t really consider this a job that I loved, but I learned how hard it is for some people who settle on this job and need it. It’s not for someone with a college degree
Fast-paced, but lots of fun
Three Rivers - Team Member (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, MIJune 18, 2019
Over the two years that I worked at Subway, I truly enjoyed myself. It was a fast-paced environment most times, but I still managed to have a lot of fun. Subway gave me a lot of opportunities and the customers were a joy to deal with 99% of the time, as most were regulars.
cooperative coworkers but poor organizational skills
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Jarrettsville, MDJune 18, 2019
Often as soon as I got in for my shift, I would have trouble with a customer. Not a big deal but that was common work day. Due to those customer experiences, my customer service has greatly improved. Management was okay but I did submit an application early 2018 and did not receive a response until the same time the next year due to poor organizational skills. While i was there, my, also teenage, coworkers would often complain about a lot.
Pros
workers discount for lunches in store
Cons
poor organizational skills
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  South Pittsburg, TNJune 18, 2019
i did not like it there the manager spoke down to his staff very a lot. it was a bad work place to work. it was alright at first but over time i began to hate it
Fast paste environment. Management could have been more friendly.
Sandwhich Artist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 18, 2019
Fast paste environment. Overall, a fun job and perfect for college students. It was easy to get a lot of hours. Management needed more connection with employees.
A little slow at times but lots of cleaning
Vista - Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJune 18, 2019
I would recommend as a school job, to get your hands dirty and learn about the fast food environment. I would not recommend this job as a source to acquire vast amounts of money.
i loved this job most
General Manager (Former Employee) –  DeRidder, LAJune 18, 2019
i worked my way up from a 12 hour a week employee to the general manager of all 3 stores under a certain owner. i ran the stores at owner level and soaked up and transferred as much knowledge about the business as i could.