Subway

United States41,094 reviews

Found 41,094 reviews matching the searchSee all 54,071 reviews
sandwichcustomcookyboshouramazebreadco-worker

A lot of competition

10 years ago, Subway was one of the few stores selling subs. Now, food is every where. I have turned over the stores to my wife and looking for a new exciting job.

Easy work

Easy for a first job or extra income. People are nice and management is fair. Pay is what you would expect for fast food...not a livable income that's for sure.

Subway insights

Based on 14,156 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Subway Environment

In my experience co-workers are always willing to help and easy to get along with. If you are stuck with a “lazy” co-worker all you have to do is tell them you need help and they will. Managers can be a hit or miss but doesn’t really affect the environment or the work load. The biggest downside is dealing with disrespectful customers

Pros

No customers means a break, easy work

Cons

Disrespectful customers, Can get super busy at times

Great

Great place to start. I learned a lot. Workplace was great and employees are friendly. The pay pretty good money for a starting job. Management is great

Okay

not much to say really. It was okay. I liked working in the beginning, but it slowly got less and less fun. The manager has favorites and will make you do more work.

Overworked underpaid

Can be a great place to work I love working at subway sometimes! But not as a manager. Over worked under paid. Maybe just my franchisee but idk. Stress stress stress.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Always on call

Subway is a nice and good place to work at.

At Subway, you are required to interact with customers on a day-to-day basis. You prepare orders for them and also work the cash register, as well as other various tasks such as general maintenance and cleaning.

Eh

The one I worked at, the manager would yell at you for almost any and everything . It’s mostly high schoolers working there and I really don’t recommend this job to anyone because the pay is still 7.25

It was a pretty good job

I met some nice people there and overall the hours and pay was good , easy job for a teen or anyone who is new at working I would love for you all to try out subway

Bad Managers made for a bad time

In my time working here, I enjoyed my coworkers but I had pretty bad managers which made it hard to do my job to the fullest. Otherwise, I didn’t mind it too much.

Awful

My manager wanted me to work every single day, and she never had a schedule. She wanted everyone to work from open to close and was never there to answer questions or help us. It was two minors closing the store, which felt unsafe. I felt like I was working all the time. Overall, very stressful and a bad experience.

I worked here roughly 8 months.

I loved the work I was doing at Subway. I gained multi tasking skills and great customer service skills. I would recommend this job to anyone as long as they have co-workers they can get along with.

Pros

Free Lunch and Great Training

Unprofessional

Was awful I wouldn’t work here for anything or was just terrible not cleaned up Dailey and I could not stand working here they wouldn’t work with my school they would keep me past my shift

Excepted

I feel excepted and welcomed by my coworkers. I wouldn’t change my position for the world. The food is good, the pay is good. All’s swell and dandy.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Non!

Work place

Good job if you stay on campus. Must let them know from the beginning how many hours you need because u could take on alot if you don’t. The location on campus is super busy so the time goes by fast.

solid plce to work

its a solid place to work. management is usually understanding and helpful, they are good with diversity of all backgrounds, they dont discriminate. pay is meh

amazing

Subway is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any physical or mental appearance.

Simple Food involved Job

Pro: It's a simple job anyone can do. Easy learning process.Con: The work environment heavily relies on coworkers and the manager you have. You have small work spaces.

Coworkers were not good

Subway wasn’t a bad job if I’m being honest but my coworkers were just not it. There was always drama going on. Adults bickering with a teenager from school and trying to get me into their drama. It was a cool job if I were by myself or with another co worker who was also chill but that co worker was just plain horrible

Horrible pay and over worked employees

9+hour days, on call 24/7, you don't get paid for all the hours you work or overtime. Everyone is drained, no support from higher management or owners

Ok

Terrible pay. Terrible managers, don’t work here unless u absolutely have to. Also the team members are absolutely rude. I wouldn’t go back even if my bank account was in the negative

Pros

Cons

Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight