Suddath Relocation Systems Employee Reviews

Always something to do
Driver (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 18, 2018
Even when there is a slow spell management is pretty good at finding work so we don't lose out on a paycheck. The work that we do is strait forward and easy to get the hang of
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Very long days most of the time
Unstable
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 7, 2018
Company and management very unprofessional. Too many issues that get passed around and talked about, but never resolved. Dispatch is unreliable and paperwork is always faulty and shady as the third party vendors we work with are shady. Overall, this company will stab you in the back when you least expect it.
Load and offload trucks at the Suddath warehouse.
Mover/Driver (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 10, 2018
A typical work day would usually involve a commercial move where when companies in office buildings were switching offices, our crew and maybe another crew would move all their stuff out from point A to point B.
Pros
I worked with good, hardworking men and the pay was decent.
Cons
Not enough hours, especially after my crew leader moves to Nashville.
It was my first moving job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJDecember 27, 2017
I learned how to wrap and protect costumers items. I also learn how to do moving inventory, log sheets, check in items that come into warehouse. I also learned how to control a forklift.
Pros
paid vactions
Cons
long work hours
suddath is a very good company
driver/mover (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLDecember 22, 2017
suddath is always a good company to work for but did not have enough work to keep the amount of contractors buisy especially in the winter season,therefore it was very hard to survive on the income
Pros
drivers receive free meals friequently
Cons
no benifits
Overall good place to work with room to grow
Audit Freight Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 4, 2017
This is an overall very good place to work, there is room to grow and the people from the warehouse employees to management are wonderful. The only down side is it's pretty slow during the winter months so newer employees might need to consider a second job during the winter.
Hard job
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 1, 2017
Suddath relocations phx is not a good place to work. They use contractors who then hire their own crew. Working for contractors there is no benifits and the boss pays you when he feels like it. Not all contractors are like this, but the main one in phx is.
Cons
Taxes are not being done no benifits ridiculous work hours
No job security and poor management
Sub-Contractor (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLNovember 22, 2017
You can expect to lift things all day either working for a contractor for separate jobs or working at the warehouse only to get maybe a few hours a week that is not even good enough to pay bills. hours fluctuate as id get 40 one week and maybe 10 the next week and from those weeks on my hours will range between 5 to 12 hours for the week. Manager at the warehouse is clueless and doesn't know what he's doing and does a poor job managing and issuing orders. Honestly when you get down right to it this job is only good if you are desperate for any kind of income but don't expect to roll up with a new car at the end of the year cause the pay here sucks so bad no wonder why most of my coworkers don't have cars. its hard to even afford or maintain payments with this job. only good thing about this job was finally leaving.
Cons
Productive place to work but not enough hours.
Mover/Packer/Helper (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 31, 2017
It was fun working at suddath and the work wasn't too hard. The main thing I did not like was that the management wasn't all that great and didn't get many hours
Suddath Relocation
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIOctober 26, 2017
Nobody receives any feedback on their work performance. Most teams do not work well together. Support from headquarters is marginal. Can be a hostile environment at times.
Fast paced & quick
Driver Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJOctober 18, 2017
Receiving the paperwork for the job given to me required a bit of planning. I always strive to be my best & to me the customers happiness is very important to me. I will be transporting customers possessions across stateliness and always used care in doing so.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Traffic & toll roads
Pay
Packer/Mover/Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85034October 9, 2017
Everything about this job sucked. contractors are scum! The front office is way to lazy. Most of the jobs are military and that is an easy claim. Sucks
I liked it here
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 28, 2017
Just wacky and not enough hrs. But good pay just not as consistent as you would want to take care of family and bills. Some 2 w/o checks 700 to 800 then some 200 to 300 on slow weeks
A lot of very nice people
Customer Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 14, 2017
There a lot of very nice people that are always willing to help. However there is a lot of turnover coming from corporate. The dress code is a plus, jeans everyday and management is extremely nice
Pros
Very nice coworkers`
Cons
the turnover can be very stressful
Fast paced job
Packer/Mover (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 12, 2017
Suddath is a good company to work for altogether. There are no benefits and not very much room for advancement. The job is busy during the summer season and slower in fall and winter.
Pros
meet new people often, sometimes the customer buys lunch
Cons
hard work, long hours, no benefits
Not a company suitable for local drivers
Tractor-Trailer Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 29, 2017
I ended up doing work outside of my job task! Didn't Have any routes for me to do through out the weeks of work! Ended up sweeping out docks riding with drivers to make deliveries.
Productive and fun work place
Mover (Current Employee) –  Forestville, MDAugust 22, 2017
Okay place to work alot of fun work worth the benefits just not alot of hours to work other than that Great place just need more hours the management is okay the workplace culture is quite out standing the hardest part about the job will be not getting hurt i have learned alot such as packing moving and make my customers proud to have me the most enjoyable part is exercising while working
Pros
Etc.
Cons
Etc.
Good work environment
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 9, 2017
This was a good, relaxed work environment. All of the people I worked with were kind, helpful and professional. I enjoyed working there. Would go back if my job were to become available again.
Pros
Good to great pay package. Good benefits, happy, helpful people, open door policy.
Cons
Away from home too long.
Good
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJAugust 8, 2017
Always received outstanding reviews until a new manger started he didn't agree with me because I wouldn't submit false billing. The saving grace is that I use to receive outstanding remark from all my accounts.
Pros
Loved my job
Cons
Not good management
Hard working environment
Moving Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 18, 2017
Working for Suddath involved long hours of hard work. The worker moral at the company was upbeat. Often time work would extend past 6 pm. This is a long day when work starts at 7 am.