Play YouTube video button

SUEZ Employee Reviews

United States110 reviews
Great place
This is a career opportunity job there is a lot to be involved in as long as you are willing to do it you can learn a lot here the people are good to be around and it’s a safe work environment they will not tolerate an unsafe work environment chances to climb the ladder as long as you’re a hard worker you do work away from home a lot though
Abusive Management and Negligent HR
I was fired from my job after three weeks. I was told that my termination was due to my performance and not possessing the skills needed for the job. This came as an absolute shock to me, as I did not have access to the software NECESSARY to complete my work. 100% of my duties depended on the uses of this software. Both my supervisor and manager were aware of this issue, and the three of us frequently corresponded with the proper channels to try and rectify this issue. I took detailed notes on how I spent my time and logged every conversation that pertained to my computer issues. I presented these notes to the HR manager at the time of my termination, reading several entries that proved it was impossible for me to produce any work. She dismissed me, taking notebook saying that it was company property, and told me it didn't matter.

I walked with my manager and another SUEZ employee back to my office to collect my things. I pressed him for more information. He finally told me that the main reason for my termination was a RUMOR that I was "PREGNANT AND PLANNING ON GETTING RID OF IT." This is the quote verbatim. I will never forget that moment. I felt sick. It's almost a year later and I still feel sick. When I confronted the very same HR manager who terminated me about the comment, she told me it didn't matter. The witness who heard my manager make his abhorrent statement refused to confirm my claim. At this point the HR Manager began screaming at me to leave the facility.

I would also like to add that my former manager would frequently abuse the intern. He would verbally
 - more...
Fast Paced Heavy Lifting job
I really enjoyed working for Suez, Great company and great staff.
Hard working hours but if you can get into a routine its all good.

Work can be very heavy lifting, pushing very heavy bins down uneven paths ect... overall great company.
There is no work life balance
At least in my role, there was no work life balance. At one point in time I was only allowed to leave my desk to use the restroom. I was carrying three poeple's workload and never received a promotion. Employees at that company lied, they manipulated my emails and my supervisor never did anything about it. After I carried him the entire year, I all of a sudden became a bad employee in october right before raises were submitted. I couldn't even take my vacation that I earned over the years.
Pay can be better
Pay can be better, work can be a handful at times . Requires a Clean Driving record and ability too communicate with Customers often etc etc etc etc etc
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Great
Was worth working there for five years, they have great benefits and try to help you the best they can. The work is easy to grasp on to and you do basically the same thing everyday.
There will be little rubs and disappointments everywhere, and we are all apt to expect too much; but then, if one scheme of happiness fails, human nature turns to another; if the first calculation is wrong, we make a second better: we find comfort somewhere.
Good employer, challenging work
Good work environment, lots of management turn over. Good benefits and compensation. Training and advancement opportunities available. Friendly co workers
Okay place
Overall, no room for advancement minimal cost of living raise no merit raises, without a degree you will be stuck in the same position forever. Huge lack of communication between departments.
Pros
Coworkers are great
Cons
Pay/benefits
Decent company
Decent company they promote with in a lot and give good raises and bonuses. They give a vigorous work schedule but reward hard work well. I would recommend this company for sure!
Review
I didn’t feel like I was supported as much as I should of been, I also felt like the current management did a lot of pinning employee job roles against each other and didn’t feel like there was a sense of working as a team culture
High stress for low pay
If you have a degree, they value you. If you didn't get a degree, you aren't valued and aren't considered for any type of advancement. Office staff are often stuck in roles for YEARS.
Easy going but serious state & federally regulated permitted work requirement
Clean & neat place to work, Always learning new environmental techniques and regulations for achieving permit regulations and goals. Career opportunities offered at day one.
Pros
Company Support
Cons
Municipal Funding
Good place to work.
Good place to work, they help me through from beginner to Class 3 operator. Great advancement opportunity. The management was encouraging about elevating your career.
Excellent work place
I’d recommend working for SUEZ to everyone I know. Friendly staff and office culture. The benefits are not the best you can get but they pay well so it pays off
Working for Suez as a Temp Employee
I have been working at Suez as a temp for 1yr and it has truly been a pleasure. My co workers are all awesome and everyone works well together. I was not treated as a temp employee and that is rare. You are treated like an adult, there are no managers standing over you or micro managing you, you come in and you do your job, but you also interact with your coworkers.
Pros
Excellent company to work for
Cons
Passing the entrance exam test. Company is a union job
Scattered and Disorganized Mess of a Company
Suez has major management problems. People are "failed upward" into senior roles without regard as to actual skill set, as long as they look good on paper and a seat is being vacated; being French helps (sad but true). Certain managers have been shuffled from one department to another just to keep them on board, even though they have failed at nearly every position they have held.

Far-reaching, highly-impactful decisions are hastily made without much thought as to the long run, or the end result. Due diligence is non-existent. Expensive projects are started and stopped suddenly with not much care as to money already spent, while critical resources are placed on hold to the detriment of employees trying to do their jobs. My time there felt perpetually transitional, with no stability.

The company does, however, pay well, and has terrific benefits, which is most likely what keeps unhappy people from leaving.
Run Away - Worst Place Ever Worked
Toxc Environment. Cause never dealt with even though multiple employees complained. Instead those people were let go. New management doesn't listen to correct people nor did he do due diligence nor listen to ideas to correct a situation. Took word of someone who had no idea of job instead. Did not continue arrangement with previous manager to complete project. I dreaded going to work every single day,
Pros
Cons
Too many to list, everything about this company should tell you to run and do not work for them
Horrible environment!!
Suez is a horrible place to work. The management is lack luster and the pay is to low for the amount of hard labor. This is the worst place I’ve worked.
Cons
To many noisy people worrying about how you work.
Good job
Good place to work. Communication between management and workers needs improvement . Pleasant atmosphere. Co-workers very helpful. Good work location.
Slow Change Management
Current management is slow to respond to issues.
I have learned a great deal while working with SUEZ, however, current restructuring is limiting cross trained skill set and rapid responses.

Would be a good opportunity for young professional.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at SUEZ. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.5
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
2.3Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight