Suffolk University Employee Reviews

So disapointing
Benefits/Leave of Absence Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 15, 2018
I was so excited to be able to work at Suffolk. I very quickly found out that this was a mistake. I left after about 6 months. On its face, it appears to be an amazing place to work. Unfortunately it was one of the worst working experiences I have ever had. Potentially it was just the department that I worked in but by the amount of turnover that was happening I doubt it was just me. Hopefully they'll be able to turn it around.
Pros
Every holiday off
Great Work Study Positions
Work Study/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 26, 2018
Easy work study positions that are great for helping those with less experience gain professional skills. Previous experience or skills are not required.
dont work here
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 30, 2018
I would not recommend, no opportunities for growth people are here for a long time without promotion or bonuses. Its an OK place for a short stint
Excellent location and stimulating environment
Adjunct Faculty Member (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 4, 2018
I loved working and teaching here. The inner city location and culture is awesome and the students really eager to learn. It is a superb opportunity for teachers and students alike.
Fun and Productive
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 22, 2018
The department I worked in was productive and easy. I just had to answer calls, receive incoming mail, and inform students when their mail arrived. I also answered any questions the students had.
Diverse and supportive environment
Student (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 5, 2018
Suffolk is a supportive and very diverse environment. Although there are mixed of levels of quality, overall, Suffolk has had some exceptional staff and faculty that strived above and beyond to make positive impacts on student's life and society.
A fallen Camelot of a work environ.
Senior Instructor of Chemistry (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 25, 2018
I began at suffolk working as an instructor for my long time mentor and professor. Early in 2010 the school was rocked by retirement pension scandals for their CEO and this led to political upheaval over the next 4 years as well as a turnover rate of 4 different CEO"S. My mentor had retired and a requirement of PHD was put on the ability to be a chemistry lecturer.
Pros
At first the people and academic atmosphere
Cons
Discord and political nonsense surrounding the faculty and teaching work place
Not necessarily long term
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 21, 2018
I learned how to manage my time to work effectively with my own course load. Was someone to look up to in ties of need. Please keep in mind this was basically a glorified work study position and does not reflect opinions about higher ups in the university nor other staff working there past or present.
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
no breaks
Excellent Work Study University
Admissions Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 12, 2018
As a work study scholarship a student will be successfully placed and satisfied. Workplace culture, management and expectations all realistic and pleasant.
Pros
Work study position, compensation, educational
Cons
Limitations in compensation
Terrible Work Place
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 24, 2018
Easily one of the worse working environments ever experienced. I would not recommend anyone to work at this facility. Others have had decent experiences, but mine was terrible.
Pros
Maybe benefits
Cons
Management, lack of accountability, terrible work environment
good exprience
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 25, 2018
good overall experience. I learned a lot and was glad to have had the opportunity to work with my mentors. great environment and lively people to keep you motivated.
supportive, good working environment, collaborative
Marketing Grad Fellow (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 13, 2018
basically my duties were:
-Conduct research on marketing analytics for professor to assist students with projects and initiatives.
-Participate actively in Marketing Events organized by the department.
-Perform administrative and other duties as assigned.
-Assist faculties when needed.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
less exposure
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant for Introduction to Cancer Care (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 10, 2018
Being a teaching assistant is helping the professor organize the class and make sure homework, quizzes, tests and content are in line with syllabus. I learned more organizational skills as well working more with people.
Great teaching environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 1, 2018
Great students that seem involved and eager to learn. State of the art classroom settings with all of the tools needed by modern professors. I look forward to teaching each semester.
Watercolor and art history course
Student (Former Employee) –  Provincia di Firenze, ToscanaFebruary 26, 2018
Course for Water color and art history credit for six weeks in Florence Italy. The course was filled with the rich culture while expanding our knowledge on the subject discussed.
Marketing Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 12, 2018
It was a work study job, so there was not much to be expected but pay. I was not a full time worker so i cannot speak to the benefits made available to those who worked there as full-time workers. Overall, the experience was rewarding and it was a positive environment.
Suffolk Gym
Work Study Student - Gym (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 7, 2018
Working at the Suffolk Gym was a very stress free and great expereince. The only downside was I was not scheduled for the hours that I wanted and I did not get put on the schedule as much as I would have hoped.
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
not many hours
Fun and inviting place to work
Advertising and Public Relations Work Study (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 25, 2018
Working for the Suffolk University in the ADPR office is a fun and non-intimidating way to slowly adapt to work in the professional world. The faculty and staff are friendly and professional.
Teaching training, and help students through their studies
Academic Tutor and Study Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 19, 2018
I Held an hour long one-on-one content tutoring sessions with students. I also Led drop-in based student study group sessions. We had weekly meeting to improve our student-student interaction experience and how to deal with unusual consequences.
Pros
Nice environment, and students attending actually want to learn
Cons
No high demand in the beginning of the semester
Cultural diversity
Korean Culture organization, member (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 3, 2018
The organizations that I joined at Suffolk University share common themes in the work place, which are open communication, development orientated, and strong team work