Sugar Foods Corporation Employee Reviews

Long days
POD Manager (Current Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAMay 25, 2018
Days at Sugar Foods are very very long. Shifts start at 3 and end at 330PM. The Senior level management at the facility were very poor. The decisions made sometimes are not in the best interest of the work teams.
Cons
Long days and weekends
prdoductive with pool tables
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAApril 10, 2018
productive and fun workplace with pool tables take bags of food home everyday after work a typical day at work was staying busy and enjoying the work culture
Pros
having fun on lunch break
Cons
short brakes
An easy and fun job
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 5, 2018
Was responsible for your own schedule so great time management building skills. Both of the recruiters/ supervisors were always available to contact for any questions. Products were environmentally friendly and was fun to promote since they had such a great impact. Hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the individuals who were rude and thought you were trying to sell something which it is not, the goal of my job was to promote new products.
For me may co-workers team its good.
Mixing Operator (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAMarch 10, 2018
Is self motivated,volunteers and actively participates in continuous improvement. Actively seeks and achieves skill improvements.measure self against.
Pros
30 minutes launch breaks
Cons
10 minutes breaks every two hours
They talk the talk but do not walk the walk
POD worker (Current Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAMarch 3, 2018
The upper management belittled middle management in order to seem like the hero. No communication exists throughout this facility as a whole. Lots of pomp and circumstance utilized to overshadow lack of pay increases. Gossip is rampant and sadly believed by those whom are tasked with squashing these behaviors. Lots of judgement of others based on what’s heard and not seen. It’s quite disheartening really because this depleted enthusiasm and engagement of teams.
Pros
4 breaks daily
Cons
Long hours, lack of communication, management turnover
Advancement is little to none
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAJanuary 31, 2018
Hard work and sacrifice not rewarded with a well deserved raise. Hours are long hardly any time for family. Management doesn't have a clue. Not enough room for all the products produced.
Fun and productive place to work.
Plant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Villa Rica, GADecember 7, 2017
Sugar Foods was a very wonderful place to work. The staff werevery professional. Atypical work day consisted of 10-12 hours a day. Upper management were very attentive to the needs and concerns of there employees. There were many perks and incentives for employees to better advance there knowledge and experience.
Pros
Annual events
Cons
Busy seaason
It's a great place to work didn't get a chance to stay long term
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Villa Rica, GANovember 14, 2017
Sugar food is a great place to work I was only there on an assignment. I would have loved to had became full-time. I'm pretty sure they have good benefit
Pros
Only 3 breaks
Cons
Short breaks
Great
Associate (Former Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAOctober 31, 2017
Great all around except the pay. They provide salad, coffee and other food. The only thing was the pay. Oh and they give vouchers for steal toe shoes.
Pros
They feed their people quite often.
Cons
Under paid.
At the time I worked for Sugar Foods it was a very cutthroat atmosphere. There were too many people hired for very parallel positions.
Marketing Director National Accounts/Meetings Mgr. (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 26, 2017
My typical work day was spent with the National Account Sales Managers either in person at the office, on the phone, or out making sales calls. I traveled extensively so wasn't around the office atmosphere very much. The favorite part of my job was planning and executing co-branding mock-ups of our product brands with the branded products used by our National Accounts, such as Burger King, McDonald's,Taco Bell,, etc.

I also planned all of the special events, press conferences, training and sales and food-service meetings. That was fun, as meeting and event planning is in my blood. I think this was a very enjoyable part of my job also.

Hardest part of the job was the extensive travel and being away from home so much. You also had to really watch your back at this business, as there was always somebody out to take your job.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Office atmosphere, travel and overall attitudes of upper management
Amazing Place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2017
Amazing place that no day was ever mundane, but definitely challenging. I loved the atmosphere along with my fellow employees that always was enaged to give an extended hand.
Pros
Amazing Co Workers, Friend Atmosphere, Team Oriented
Cons
Manager was not a welcoming individual.
Ok place to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAOctober 18, 2017
Nothing spectacular, could offer a little more pay or benefits. Good job just wish it wouldve lasted longer. Would work there again if they had any openings.
Mixed Reviews
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAOctober 13, 2017
Sugar Foods has its good days and its bad days like any other company, but management really needs to be the key focus moving forward. The opinion on daily operations is cohesive throughout the plant, as well as the many overlooked hard workers due to favoritism or misplaced verbalization of bitter employees. The atmosphere among individual groups/departments was more like family but was not well controlled in the personal affairs/aspects.
benefits
Cons
managements complacency
Very productive company but also very stressful.
Packer (Current Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAOctober 3, 2017
I am a packer and it's awful. It's extremely hot, with very few fans. They favor some but not others. They expect too much production with such a small amount of people.
Pros
They give you benifits, if you're hired on. (I'm going through a temp service.)
Cons
The management is awful.
Good place
Packer (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CASeptember 19, 2017
It is good. Get paid more the longer you are there. Fast paced so you have to work fast but easy once you get the hang of it. Good people. Management is good and friendly.
Poor management
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Villa Rica, GASeptember 14, 2017
the hours are exhausting. Management says one thing then does the opposite. Telling someone you value them and their opinions and then belittling them.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Constantly feeling like you aren't valued
Working there will put you in the hospital
Packer (Former Employee) –  Villa Rica, GASeptember 1, 2017
Working there is not even worth it.
You don't have time to even sleep or see your family, The shift hours just doesn't make sense 12hrs M-F and some Sat, No one looks happy working there besides the supervisors, The pay is extremely low and what they hire you for is not what you end up doing. The 15 min breaks are pointless to take because by the time you get to the cafeteria it's time to go right back .

Not even if your desperate should this job be an option.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Low Pay, long hours, everyone wants to be the boss including temps, no room for growth and they'll replace you in a heart beat
Small Town Vibe
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAAugust 11, 2017
Really enjoyed the people and the culture until some key management changes were made that removed my role and i was forced into an off shift supervision role
Sexist, Cut throat
forklift operator/Picker (Former Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAJune 3, 2017
Managers are constantly quitting. Two, 20 min breaks a day. 13+hour shifts, 5 -7 days a week. Executives have amazing benefits, but anyone in the warehouse would be insane for even suggesting better benefits or shorter work days and if not shorter days then at least longer breaks.
Great work place.
Facility Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAMay 13, 2017
I've had a great time working there it was stressful when I was still in high school to work a 5 day week and go to school but I made it through. I believe anyone can do it.
Pros
Laid back about breaks
Cons
strange management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sugar Foods Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.