SugarHouse Casino Employee Reviews

My favorite place to work
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 17, 2018
I would give Sugarhouse Casino one of Philly's Best Places to work. Management tries to work with you and always here for the guest and coworkers. Its not the company its the people they hire. I watched several of my coworkers become arrogant and cocky from dealing Table Games. Not knowing when you step out in the real world Table Games is a entry level job. I would prefer any one with a degree or another trade that would like to make extra money on the side.
No work-life balance and god-awful management
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 16, 2018
Managers micromanage even the simplest of tasks and rarely do their own jobs. Work-life balance is nonexistent, especially if you work overnight/grave shift. The inconsistent scheduling is also to blame for the terrible work-life balance. For example, if you get off work at 7am it's not unusual to com back into work at 6pm the same day. It was a common practice to hold people on different shifts in order so the managers would be able to leave out "on time". Also, management would try to prevent/discourage workers in their department from transferring to other departments within the casino. If you are a hard worker and good at your job, they will put all the work on you while managers and other workers slack off and barely do their jobs. I would strongly suggest to seek employment anywhere but at SugarHouse Casino, you can do SO MUCH BETTER with your life.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
extremely poor and incompetent management; toxic workplace culture
enjoyable work and atmosphere
Surveillance Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 12, 2018
I am experienced in Security since I worked Security at Shop Rite and Rite Aid. The work at the Casino was more of watching camera's and not walking around the casino area which I would have liked to do more of. It was easy work and would have liked to stay if they did not cut back during a time of renovation to the Casino.
Food & Beverage Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 4, 2018
Great place to work management is very accessible and pay is competitive. Management goes above and beyond to make sure the staff is happy. Guests can be difficult at times.
great place
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 25, 2018
This is a great place to work. Everyone is so nice and helpful. you have room for advancement in any department and any shifts. i would recommend this place to everyone!
Like to meet new people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 19, 2018
I love my job I meet new coworkers and maneger I always did the best of me in my job when a costumer need anything was always satisfide and the casino and always come back
Worst management I have even encountered.
Table Games Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 29, 2018
Employees have been assaulted by guests and management along with the GM of the property was aware and did nothing due to the fact that the guest had money. So basically F your employee.
Pros
Cons
Lots
fun environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 18, 2018
I loved Sugarhouse environment, Always fun, and co workers were great. Plenty of opportunity for growth within the casino business for those who wanted to develop more skills
Great place to work but good for you
Security Guard Class II (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 16, 2018
Productive and fun place to work but if your looking to advancement slow management is good and will help a long the way but you have to be ago geter Hardest part of job dealing with customers when the lose there money and their drunk very hard to deal with
Pros
a great place to work
Cons
never closed
Busy, Exciting ,managable work place
Player Service agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 23, 2018
A work day consist of a smile which was amazing to forget about your own issues to smile and greet customer with fully knowledge of work place and promotions. I learned that having patients is the key of life, And just a tap bit a patients can take you a long way in life and work place ..I will not speak on management I like for people to have there own views, The most enjoyable Part was meeting famous people, Paying out huge amount of jackpots, and meeting guest .
very challenging plase to work but its work right now
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 28, 2018
typical day is deal games deal with customers that are threating learned theirs a new adventour every day its a long commute every day time consuming
Pros
bring in your own lunch
Cons
need to break every hour instead of hour twenty
Collaborative
DIRECTOR OF PLAYER SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 26, 2018
Awesome experience working at Sugar House. I am able to make my own decisions and explore my own creativity. I highly recommend Sugar House as an employer. The senior Leadership is a culture driven, diverse group of professionals, who are truly guest and team member advocates.
Pros
entire experience
Cons
Nothing worth mentioning
Good work place with plenty benefits
Kitchen Steward/Banquet Staff (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 23, 2018
The benefits and paid time off are wonderful at the sugar house. They will wirk with u to help a achieve a comfortable friendly work inevior. I would recommend the job th anyone
Pros
Eating lunch j
Good
BOOTH CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 19, 2018
Working at sugarhouse casino is a great atmosphere. Great attitudes with workers and patrons. There's so many different ways to grow and expand in career wise and gain experience and in different departments
Highly productive and pleasant environment.
Casino Dealer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 11, 2018
Very well managed and organized institution consisting of team players who share a common goal. Each member demonstrating the willingness to go beyond the call of duty
Super Fun Workplace
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 5, 2018
A typical work day usually includes working with great co-workers and management. I learned a lot from working at Sugarhouse especially from management.
Good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 2, 2018
My experience was good and is collaborative as an employee there. I would recommend working there to friends and family. I liked the employees and atmosphere, friendly place to work.
Fast paced, Fun, stressful at times
CAGE SHIFT (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 15, 2018
Over all Sugarhouse is a great place to work. It can be a headache at times but I loved the group I worked with. Everyone worked well together and we got things done.
Protect and Service
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 15, 2018
Standing a post, in a particular area that you have been assigned to.
Greet visitors and assist them when necessary. Providing overall safety for our customers.
Cons
A lot of standing
it has the atmosphere of a road house.
Casino Dealer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 23, 2017
working in this establishment requires thick skin and is not for the faint of heart. you never know what to expect or how any circumstance will end. as a stand up comic would say.....rough crowd tonight !
Pros
i am grateful they gave me a job.
Cons
2 hours and 40 minutes round trip ride to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SugarHouse Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

SugarHouse Casino Reviews by Location