SugarHouse Casino Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to work but good for you
Security Guard Class II (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 16, 2018
Productive and fun place to work but if your looking to advancement slow management is good and will help a long the way but you have to be ago geter Hardest part of job dealing with customers when the lose there money and their drunk very hard to deal with
Pros
a great place to work
Cons
never closed
very challenging plase to work but its work right now
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 28, 2018
typical day is deal games deal with customers that are threating learned theirs a new adventour every day its a long commute every day time consuming
Pros
bring in your own lunch
Cons
need to break every hour instead of hour twenty
Collaborative
DIRECTOR OF PLAYER SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 26, 2018
Awesome experience working at Sugar House. I am able to make my own decisions and explore my own creativity. I highly recommend Sugar House as an employer. The senior Leadership is a culture driven, diverse group of professionals, who are truly guest and team member advocates.
Pros
entire experience
Cons
Nothing worth mentioning
Good work place with plenty benefits
Kitchen Steward/Banquet Staff (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 23, 2018
The benefits and paid time off are wonderful at the sugar house. They will wirk with u to help a achieve a comfortable friendly work inevior. I would recommend the job th anyone
Pros
Eating lunch j
Good
BOOTH CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 19, 2018
Working at sugarhouse casino is a great atmosphere. Great attitudes with workers and patrons. There's so many different ways to grow and expand in career wise and gain experience and in different departments
Highly productive and pleasant environment.
Casino Dealer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 11, 2018
Very well managed and organized institution consisting of team players who share a common goal. Each member demonstrating the willingness to go beyond the call of duty
Super Fun Workplace
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 5, 2018
A typical work day usually includes working with great co-workers and management. I learned a lot from working at Sugarhouse especially from management.
Good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 2, 2018
My experience was good and is collaborative as an employee there. I would recommend working there to friends and family. I liked the employees and atmosphere, friendly place to work.
Fast paced, Fun, stressful at times
CAGE SHIFT (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 15, 2018
Over all Sugarhouse is a great place to work. It can be a headache at times but I loved the group I worked with. Everyone worked well together and we got things done.
it has the atmosphere of a road house.
Casino Dealer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 23, 2017
working in this establishment requires thick skin and is not for the faint of heart. you never know what to expect or how any circumstance will end. as a stand up comic would say.....rough crowd tonight !
Pros
i am grateful they gave me a job.
Cons
2 hours and 40 minutes round trip ride to work.
blah
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 3, 2017
hated it all of it, the only thing i liked was some of the people there. short staff every single day, dirty kitchen NOBODY cleans and nobody gets in trouble for it.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Ghetto
Full time dealee (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 28, 2017
They'll hire anyone because they can't keep anyone. Don't even ask to use the bathroom. Poorly managed . Ghetto customers everyday you see the same customers not all of them play they hang out at your table and watch other players play. You do hour and 20s . You have to buy your own food . Customers all ways take shots and lie
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Management, customers
Enter at you own risk
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 26, 2017
Play at your own risk . Can’t take my word for it you have to experience it for yourself. Sometime everything that glitter ain’t gold it could be just rust
Pros
Meet new ppl
Cons
See the same ppl
Fast paced work environment, you build a relationship with the patrons
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 5, 2017
I've been employed with the company for the past 20 months, my experience has been good thus far, I just wanna broaden my horizon in the field of Security
Pros
paid lunch breaks
Cons
the point system, and lack of advancement
Unrealistic
EVS Attendant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 20, 2017
The days seemed much longer sometimes,due to the fact that we kept losing guests. They complained often about how they were being mistreated by the casino itself from the entertainment and gambling aspect [EVS EXCLUDED]. My immediate manager was great. The departments were definitely divided. Working with co-workers was always interesting,when you were paired with those who actually worked. Interactions with customers made the job worth going to.
Pros
The honesty and integritiy of my immediate supervisors.
Cons
Untrustworthy individuals in upper management
Hard Not to Love
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 17, 2017
I was only here for 13 months but honestly I loved it. I worked security and while there were issues with the customer interaction policy, I would give SH a great review due to management and the leadership team. It seems like they try to please and look out for their employees.
Pros
Great open door policy
Cons
Pay rate (security)
Nice place to work
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2017
Highly recommend Sugar House as place to work, nice management, good benefits, easy to work, good career opportunities, fair salary, management is always looking forward to help you succeed and help you if you have any unexpected life situations, one of the best places to work.
Not very Professional
Valet Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 7, 2017
The Casino and management aren't very professional. They claim to be one of the best places to work but don't take of their people. Communication slacks and so does most other areas.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Too many to list
Great Place to Work!
FOOD & BEVERAGE SHIFT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 6, 2017
Great place to work and Grow! Lots of Growth opportunity. Awesome incentives for hourly employee. Hardest part of the job is just normal demands of working in a casino and running 24 hour operation. 8 hour shifts.
Pros
Yearly Bonus, great Pto for management
Fun Place To Work
Host & Security (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 13, 2017
One of the best jobs I've had. Great pay and environment. Learned so much from this job, it build my customer service skills extremely. Best part, I got paid weekly.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SugarHouse Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight