SugarHouse Casino Employee Reviews

No work-life balance and god-awful management
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 16, 2018
Managers micromanage even the simplest of tasks and rarely do their own jobs. Work-life balance is nonexistent, especially if you work overnight/grave shift. The inconsistent scheduling is also to blame for the terrible work-life balance. For example, if you get off work at 7am it's not unusual to com back into work at 6pm the same day. It was a common practice to hold people on different shifts in order so the managers would be able to leave out "on time". Also, management would try to prevent/discourage workers in their department from transferring to other departments within the casino. If you are a hard worker and good at your job, they will put all the work on you while managers and other workers slack off and barely do their jobs. I would strongly suggest to seek employment anywhere but at SugarHouse Casino, you can do SO MUCH BETTER with your life.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
extremely poor and incompetent management; toxic workplace culture
Good work place with plenty benefits
Kitchen Steward/Banquet Staff (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 23, 2018
The benefits and paid time off are wonderful at the sugar house. They will wirk with u to help a achieve a comfortable friendly work inevior. I would recommend the job th anyone
Pros
Eating lunch j
My favorite place to work
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 17, 2018
I would give Sugarhouse Casino one of Philly's Best Places to work. Management tries to work with you and always here for the guest and coworkers. Its not the company its the people they hire. I watched several of my coworkers become arrogant and cocky from dealing Table Games. Not knowing when you step out in the real world Table Games is a entry level job. I would prefer any one with a degree or another trade that would like to make extra money on the side.
Busy, Exciting ,managable work place
Player Service agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 23, 2018
A work day consist of a smile which was amazing to forget about your own issues to smile and greet customer with fully knowledge of work place and promotions. I learned that having patients is the key of life, And just a tap bit a patients can take you a long way in life and work place ..I will not speak on management I like for people to have there own views, The most enjoyable Part was meeting famous people, Paying out huge amount of jackpots, and meeting guest .
Great place to work but good for you
Security Guard Class II (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 16, 2018
Productive and fun place to work but if your looking to advancement slow management is good and will help a long the way but you have to be ago geter Hardest part of job dealing with customers when the lose there money and their drunk very hard to deal with
Pros
a great place to work
Cons
never closed
Extremely challenging and rewarding job.
Casino Dealer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 29, 2018
A typical day at work is I would get to work one hour early
to read any updated memos or new casino related information
on the bulletin board. Meet and greet customers with an invitation to play.
The hardest part of work was the commute every day to Philadelphia.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new and interesting people every day.
The say they try.
HR (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 1, 2018
HR has some good people in it but is ultimately at the whims of higher ups who only value numbers. No one gets paid enough unless they are at a management level or higher. Lots of nepotism.
Food & Beverage Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 4, 2018
Great place to work management is very accessible and pay is competitive. Management goes above and beyond to make sure the staff is happy. Guests can be difficult at times.
enjoyable work and atmosphere
Surveillance Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 12, 2018
I am experienced in Security since I worked Security at Shop Rite and Rite Aid. The work at the Casino was more of watching camera's and not walking around the casino area which I would have liked to do more of. It was easy work and would have liked to stay if they did not cut back during a time of renovation to the Casino.
Productive and very busy environment
Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 30, 2018
The Casino is a fun place to work. They always encourage their employees to advance to other positions within the casino. The pay is fine and the hours are very flexible.
great place
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 25, 2018
This is a great place to work. Everyone is so nice and helpful. you have room for advancement in any department and any shifts. i would recommend this place to everyone!
Good temporary job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 10, 2017
Benefits are decent for a kid who just turned 21. Don't plan on making a career here. No matter how much experience and time you put in, if there is a position that opens up that you fit perfectly, they will hire an outsider with little to no experience. They claim to be an "equal opportunity employer" but females and a few "favorite" males will always have the advantage when it comes to advancement. It's sad because the casino has a lot of potential, it's just being ran poorly.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Misguided VPs and Executives
Nice place to work
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2017
Highly recommend Sugar House as place to work, nice management, good benefits, easy to work, good career opportunities, fair salary, management is always looking forward to help you succeed and help you if you have any unexpected life situations, one of the best places to work.
Worst management I have even encountered.
Table Games Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 29, 2018
Employees have been assaulted by guests and management along with the GM of the property was aware and did nothing due to the fact that the guest had money. So basically F your employee.
Pros
Cons
Lots
its okay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 4, 2018
its a place where you can go to get a job sometimes have fun. its a place where you can go to have a goodtime. its a place that makes many people happy
Great company to work for, horrible management in market place
Market place cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 3, 2017
Being a former employee, I loved working for sugarhouse. Hated the way management operated. Never any communication between employees and management, it's very unorganized. It's like high school in a sense. Breaks aren't long, you don't make any money. If you want to live pay check to pay check, this is the job for you. Micromanaging is a huge thing for them in there, so get used to being treated like a toddler to do your job.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay, micro manage, horrible management
Like to meet new people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 19, 2018
I love my job I meet new coworkers and maneger I always did the best of me in my job when a costumer need anything was always satisfide and the casino and always come back
Collaborative
DIRECTOR OF PLAYER SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 26, 2018
Awesome experience working at Sugar House. I am able to make my own decisions and explore my own creativity. I highly recommend Sugar House as an employer. The senior Leadership is a culture driven, diverse group of professionals, who are truly guest and team member advocates.
Pros
entire experience
Cons
Nothing worth mentioning
Fun Place To Work
Host & Security (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 13, 2017
One of the best jobs I've had. Great pay and environment. Learned so much from this job, it build my customer service skills extremely. Best part, I got paid weekly.
Pros
Great benefits
Ptoductive and fun workplace
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 19, 2016
I would recommend anybody to work here. The benefits,food and management are great! The environment overall is phenomenal. It's always something going on, the atmosphere is fantastic! Employee bonuses,holiday bonuses,employee meal discounts,job advancements,employee appreciation day etc.!
Pros
Bonuses, Holiday bonuses, employee meal discounts, company parties etc.
Cons
Point system

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SugarHouse Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

SugarHouse Casino Reviews by Location