SUJA Juice Employee Reviews

Great product, great brand
Field Team Lead (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 1, 2019
Great products, company is flexible and open to employee feedback. Remote work style.
great team environment with slight career development. long days with long events, lots of driving.
productive fast pace work enviroment
Forklift Operator and Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Miramar, CAJanuary 22, 2019
Great experience gained and respectful work place. I gained a lot of customer service and organizational skills working for this company. I would recommend to a friend that is interested in gaining this type of work experience. The hardest part of the job was not working under a shortage of forklift machines. The most enjoyable part of the job was operating the forklift.
Pros
Learning experiences
Benefits
Productive and Fun workplace
Vice President of Conventional Grocery (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 10, 2018
Suja was the best job I ever had - CEO was amazing, the team was great, and the mission & culture was amazing as well. Work hard, play hard is the best way to describe this job.
Pros
High energy, dynamic group of people
Cons
High pressure and lots of late nights & travel
work experience
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 30, 2018
working for Suja juice really gave me the experience i needed in order to work at various warehouses. it was a good start in order to look for more work in the industry
Pros
industry experience
Cons
hours worked
Fun and productive employee environment
Bottling Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJune 20, 2018
Achieving production goal with positive management and co workers. A lot of hours came about at Suja if behind in production schedule. Which for me, even though sometimes a drag, i preferred due to a personal positive outlook.
Pros
Fun, professional, lots of hours, consistent weekly schedule, good communication.
Cons
Sometimes having to stay 2-4 hours after.
fast paced
Worker (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJune 15, 2018
Fast Paced hard work in chiller environment. Long days and longer weeks. If you are willing to put in the work advancement is not hard. Very team orientated environment.
Love love love
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 17, 2018
Suja was my all time favorite job.. ever. If you have the opportunity to work for them, do it! The culture is so supportive and fun. I loved many of my fellow employees and it was a great way to learn more about my city, networking, and the organic juice industry. Unfortunately our team disbanded last year but it was a great year and a half with them. If you are lucky enough to work full time you can probably make a decent living, otherwise it’s great supplemental income. Despite not working for the company I still support them 100% and buy the juices and drinking vinegars regularly.
Pros
Juice
Cons
Lack of advancement in certain areas
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CANovember 1, 2017
I was in charge of operating the machine that filled the bottles with juice. As well as making sure that the goal of the day was made as well as doing paperwork of the bottles that were made.
Lacked communication,
Laborer (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 3, 2017
The lack of communication made it a stressful work environment. The management would be late on giving breaks. Even through it was rough I met a lot of good people!
Plenty of work hours under chaotic management
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJuly 1, 2017
Management is a mess. The company is incapable of committing to any sort of long term plan to solve persistent issues. Bosses are constantly complaining about other bosses. Nepotism runs rampant. Personal accountability is non existent as blame is passed around in a circle.
Pros
Lots of overtime if you're hourly staff.
Cons
Company culture in dire need of improvement.
Easy going environment and fun work place
Machine Operator / Lead - High Pressure Processing (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJanuary 24, 2017
suja is a great place to work at. everyone is easy going there and they help their employees. you have to work hard to get where you want to be. being a fresh start up company, management can get a bit cray at times but not too much. everyone there works as a team. the thing that is not so great is that, you have to work in a freezer in 35 degree temperature. but other than that everything else is great and you get benefits and pto. its a good place to work for people who havent worked in a day in their life.
Productive and fun place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJanuary 7, 2017
Amazing and some of the best co workers out there! Regardless of what department you are in everyone gets a long.
Great for getting lots of hours in.
Pros
Great co workers, benefit plans, location, and new plant
Cons
Long hours, demanding, stuff breaks, and only one bathroom
Fun working place with the coworkers you work with every day.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CADecember 20, 2016
Don't understand life and how people who devote their life to a company should be acknowledged and be given their proper 2 days off a week at the minimum.
Fun
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 19, 2016
I practiced a lot of time management and I gained experience in event procurement. I was able to work remotely. Most of my co-workers were good people.
Pros
Worked at fun events
Very Relaxed Young Fastest Growing Company
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 7, 2016
Young growing company - very relaxed work environment, but at the same time very-very fast paced. Things are expected to be done on time - based on a very high volume of work.
Management is young too, as you may predicted already.
Pros
Very young relaxed corporate culture
Cons
A LOT of work that needs to be done on time.
Modern and Fun!
Field Marketing Lead (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 24, 2016
I love Suja! The atmosphere is amazing and I love how generous the company is! Working for the fastest growing juice company is so fun!
fast pace working environment
Warehouse/ Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92121March 29, 2016
work involved standing for long periods of time on the production line. i learned how a to work a factory job; wrapping pallets, using a pallet jack and forklift, readying shipments. co-workers were all good sports and friendly. really good experience for future jobs in a warehouse or factory
family oriented
Prodution Worker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 25, 2015
this was one of the most enjoyable and loving company I`ve worked for since moving from the east coast they care about the employees about how they feel and it`s like a home away from home atmosphere. wonderful people
Incredible Place to work at
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 18, 2014
As a growing company there was nothing consistent about the company except the culture. A typical day at work would consist of me getting the list of numbers to do, ie., 140,000 lbs of Granny Smith apples and 70,000 lbs of Fiji apples and 5,000 of carrots. Then having to accomplish said numbers by filling giant boxes with the produce that the list dictated. All the while driving the forklift and stacking the produce boxes in the truck where it could be shipped to the factory to be turned into juice. I learned to drive forklifts and document produce. The managers who worked with us were really something special. They got in there and dirty with us and they made life in the factory simple and easy. After working 12-16 hour shifts, my coworkers turned to family and so the culture in there was as comfortable as it was competitive. The hardest part of working there was being able to handle life outside of the factory and being able to hold down your job. As a lead, my managers saw potential in me until the end of my career there. The most enjoyable part would have to be my coworkers. They made going to work worth it. It was fun while it lasted.
Pros
free juice.
Cons
short breaks. long shifts. management
Fast paced job with high demands and low reward
Operations Manager/ Special Projects coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 27, 2013
Typical day with a start up company.
There is no set schedule of work to be accomplished other than the Kitchen schedule. You are expected to work as many hours as it takes to complete that days tasks. You are not compensated for the time you put it. Your home life is always intruded upon by emails and phone calls. There is no Weekends or Holidays.
Pros
great juice
Cons
co-founder has no managerial expierence

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SUJA Juice. Our community is ready to answer.