Sumlar Therapy

• Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Sets the standard!

Featured review

Sumlar Therapy selected this as a representative review
Truly a great company that has it all: kind work culture, excellent clinicians, and leadership that supports and cares about its people. I couldn’t have asked for a better place to start my clinical fellowship. Even during the early stages of the Covid-19 pandemic, the opportunities for growth and support were top notch. Sumlar is now the gold standard by which I measure!

Rewarding place to watch kids learn and grow

Sumlar is one of the most rewarding jobs that I have ever had. Every day, I get to see kids grow and learn. I've been blessed to watch so many kids blossom into happy, healthy young adults with bright futures using the new life skills that they learn here. The hippotherapy program is especially rewarding, because it makes such huge strides for the kids involved. Overall, I leave work every day with a sense of pride, knowing that I helped to make a difference.

Wonderful Clinic That Always Puts the Children First

I'm so thankful to work in a clinic that has always valued 100% honesty, integrity, and putting the children's best interests at the forefront of every decision. Every day, I have the pleasure of working with therapists and technicians that are wholly dedicated to helping every child that comes through our doors. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing our amazing patients grow and learn new skills each week.

Productive and fun workplace

I started out as a new grad at Sumlar and really enjoyed my time working there. If I ever had a question, there was always someone eager to help. It was a great work environment and I was surrounded by therapists that really cared for the children. I really liked that the fact that there are three disciplines there (OT, PT, and Speech) to collaborate. I also think it’s important to mention that this clinic has aquatic and hippo therapy which was one of my favorite parts about this clinic. I enjoyed my time at Sumlar and learned so much there!

Pros

Good work environment, continuing education

Caring Environment

After teaching Special Education in the local school system for 29 years, I had the opportunity to work in an administrative position at Sumlar Therapy Services. My experience interacting with families, patients and outstanding therapists was enjoyable and rewarding. This is a positive, productive and genuinely caring environment !

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Positive environment and fun place to have an internship

It was a positive atmosphere where the therapists truly care about the children. I learned a lot while I was an intern and had the opportunity to shadow occupational, physical, and speech therapists. I enjoyed being able to travel to the school system and learn more about that setting. I felt that this internship prepared me in many ways for OT school.

Holistic, Natural, Fun Environment

A wonderful opportunity for any therapist, but especially for those who love the outdoors and animals. The healing that takes place with Aquatic and Hippotherapy is quite indescribable for the patients and therapists. CEUs are included as well!

Pros

CEUs, Hpot, Pool, schools hours possible, Retirement, honest and fair

Cons

Short breaks

A great place to work!

I worked for the summer as a tech and had a blast working with the kids and getting to know the staff. The therapists were always friendly and appreciative of my work and the kids made it so much fun!

Supportive working environment

Sumlar is very supportive of everything from providing training, having a friendly working environment with co-workers, and having a boss who is available for honest, helpful feedback if you have questions. Great place for new grads to learn and grow their clinical experience!

Pros

Training, wide variety of experiences

Friendly staff, collaborative, innovative place to work.

The staff is very open to adapting therapies based on research based evidence and the clinic itself offers a variety of alternative therapies (hippotherapy, aquatic therapy, etc.) that I've typically only ever seen in bigger cities. I love the collaborative atmosphere and the staff are extremely fun and friendly to work with. My only complaint is with the expectations for evaluations: therapists are expected to complete an entire speech-language eval AND conference with the parents about the results AND help to add them to the schedule within one hour, which seemed very rushed to me, especially considering time-frames I had experienced for evaluations at other private clinics. Evals were often scheduled whenever you had a block of time long enough, which occasionally was only during a lunch break. I did like the fact that even if you have to write evaluation reports from home, you are paid for your time, regardless. However, evaluation reports are still handwritten and I felt too much emphasis was placed on abbreviating or minimizing your findings. Overall though, I thought this was a great place to work.

Enjoyable

The people that work there were very nice and helpful. I learned many skills by observing the speech therapist work with the children. I got to observe therapy by using horses and also aquatic therapy. The most enjoyable part about this experience was watching the children succeed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sumlar Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.9