Summa Health Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
MLT (ASCP) (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 5, 2018
Fast to slow paced. Pretty laid back. Family oriented in the lab. PTO are usually always granted. Pay is decent. Most enjoyable is when you have coworkers that are upbeat and uplifting to one another.
People and business with good management
Health Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 11, 2018
Fair and equitable pay. Good management. Collaborative environment. Focus on people and business to help provide the best care to the community they serve.
Working at Summa
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 10, 2018
Typical work day would be coming in and trying to figure out what has been going on from earlier in the day. I learned a lot of medical things and how things are run at the hospital. Management was ok at the start but became stressful because of my disability situation. Things weren't made to accommodate me. Which resulted in points against me that were uncalled for. The hardest part about my job was struggling to learn and find things out on my own. The most enjoyable thing about my job was always putting a smile on patients faces and helping out as much as I can.
workplace enviroment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 28, 2018
some of the managers were AMAZING, and I loved working there. However, there are too many chiefs and not enough indians. Managers had their pick and if you werent the pick then the other employees were able to rule the roost. And when i decided to bully the bully i was terminated
The employees are great
Patient Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 25, 2018
The people I work with are great. Management needs a TON of improvement. It is very stressful and you have to be versatile to work in Patient Access
Painter (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 24, 2018
Offered a variety of ways to apply different skills to the day to day operations, and created an environment to add opportunity for growth. Required you to learn and apply social skills.
culture issues, good experience
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 8, 2018
High variety of patient's with a lot of opportunity to learn. General negativity about direction of organization. Management has little understanding of the daily tasks of employees.
Friendly, knowledgeable employees in all departments
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 4, 2018
Summa Health is an amazing place to work. The employees are extremely friendly, compassionate, and well trained to provide excellent service/care to patients and families.
Pros
An environment of teamwork
Cons
Employee parking
Great People
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 21, 2018
Your Co-Workers are wonderful. Usually a great manager that will work with you. A typical day usually starts out a little chaotic, but can usually be turned around rather quickly. If you are as lucky as I you will find yourself on a floor with a bunch of team players and that makes the night go much smoother.
Unfair conditions
Medical Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 9, 2018
Management plays favorites with staff - some are able to do what they want and come and go as they please while others have to follow policy and procedures. Seems the harder your work the less you are appreciated.
Pros
hours
Cons
lack of advancement
productive
OR Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 13, 2018
Work is very busy, time flies by quick. Staff are very friendly and very supportive of each other. It is a place of change- I learn something new everyday, catching up is not easy but its for a better.
Pros
free coffee and crackers
Cons
no breaks
Too many changes and lay-offs. Management was not supportive
Senior Strategist, Development (Former Employee) –  East Market Street, Akron, OHJuly 20, 2018
With the lay-offs - title, compensation, and PTO were affected, which was unfair. The company had too much drama, too many challenges, and are in limbo right now.
An excellent place to work
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Barberton, OHJuly 20, 2018
Many opportunities, a good work environment, and wonderful benefits. Clock in on time, do your work which is always explained, with good training, do a good job and you will be rewarded. Summa offers diversity and a multitude of different types of job opportunities available for anyone with or without college degrees.
Family Medicine
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 19, 2018
I strive to put a smile on each and every patients face. I make sure I review the chart and previous office visit. I am truly dedicated to my patient I have cross trained to meet all patient needs.
Hospital environment - I loved my time at Summa Health System
Radiology Medical transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 19, 2018
I worked for quite a while at Summa Health System. I worked for wonderful doctors, about 12 of them and became very good at doing transcription. I was a trainer/proofreader for new transcriptionists and was part of the review committee that determined when a new employee was accurate enough to not be QA'd/proofread anymore.

When I worked in Surgical Services, I learned so much and worked with great people. Being a unit secretary was a quick paced, very interactive job and I loved it.
Pros
My familiarity with my work and the hospital.
Currently stressful . Undergoing lots of changes
Hospice Aide (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 17, 2018
I have worked in the Summa network both in the hospital and as field staff. I love providing care for patients as well as their families. As of late there are structural changes that have both positive and negative affects on our staff.
Pros
Field staff. More autonomous
Cons
Joint venture causing too many changes
Pleasant work environment
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 22, 2018
Everyone I worked with was friendly and very helpful. I felt welcome and enjoyed the work environment. I was a summer intern and really enjoyed working there
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
I was an intern so i wasn't there long
Great Place to Work
After Hours Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 16, 2018
Summa affords many opportunities to their nurses and gives them autonomy and respect. The benefits are excellent and they promote health and wellness in the workplace and the community. You will work hard but have tremendous support from engaged managers and every resource at your disposal.
Pros
lots of options and resources
Cons
very large organization, you can get lost
It was an okay position
Central Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 12, 2018
This place I did learn a lot about the scheduling aspect of the job. It made me want to drive and be more motivated in learning this position. I didn't have to many complaints.
Pros
The people
Cons
na
Desire for growth and convenience
ROCC-radiation oncology certified coder/auditor (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 8, 2018
I am looking for a new position to work remotely from home that has more challenges. I am a hard worker and feel that I need to stretch myself. I would love to offer my skill set.
Pros
Good work enviornment
Cons
Not convenient commuting 78 miles a day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Summa Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight