Summerlin Hospital Employee Reviews

Busy
Registered Nurse III (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 18, 2018
Summerlin is fast paced, I learned time management working in the ER/Cath Lab . I would never have left there but treated unfairly by fellow workers
Supply Tech
Distribution Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 20, 2018
I started at Summerlin in 2004 and experienced many changes including working with varies Supervisors and Managers. I learned a lot as well as adapted to many changes. The hospital continued to grow, adding new towers, and patient rooms.

I enjoyed the job very well, loved helping patients by providing supplies and answering call lights. Loved helping guests in the hallways looking for direction. I would always walk with them to their destination.
Productive and Fun
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 27, 2017
Great place to work wish I didnt have to leave.they really take care of there employee's, and they actually work as a team, I enjoyed management, and all the employee"s.everyone very helpful
Pros
higher education
Cons
better employee parking
Good experience but stressful
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 15, 2017
I worked on a Med Surg unit and my typical day was chaotic, especially for a new grad. I did learn a lot though but too many new RNs and not enough seasoned RNs to truly learn the art of nursing from. The house sup made us go to 7 patients frequently and charge nurses felt intimidated by this person, so we went to 7 on most days thus putting my RN license and the patient at risk. Management always had some great new idea to throw on the nurses adding to the ever ending stress. RNs, CNAs, Docs management...everyone seemed burned out and stressed. Pay was great though and PTO accumulates quick!
Pros
Free tea/coffee, lots of learning opportunities.
Cons
Short staffed, endless charting, demanding patients and management
Summerlin hospital
Medical Staff Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  LAS VEGAS NEVADASeptember 18, 2017
Busy from the moment I walk in. I learned things everyday such as what the roles of each chief of dept is. Management was very knowledable, however, showed favortism with certain providers depending if she liked them or not. Some rules were bent to cater to the providers she liked and didn't cater to ones that she didn't like. Work place culture was ok. Except alot of infidelities were going on within the employees and cause havoc within the work place.

Hardest part of the job was not being able to meet deadlines sometimes because the person you are working with doesn't show up to work or communicate that they wil not e able to complete their part to meet the deadline. L love being mulit tasked and working under pressure. And being able to assist the providers with what they need in order for them to give the patients the best care
Great place to shadow as a student
N/A (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2017
Enjoyed shadowing here as a student before starting PT school to get another perspective of Physical Therapy. The staff was friendly and welcoming always.
great place to work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 31, 2017
a nice place to get better , is very well maintained and the nurses and doctors are very nice and respectful.
very reliable and always helping others.
Pros
free lunches
Supportive and friendly environment
Registered Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 8, 2017
As a registered dietitian, patients were daily screened and nutritional interventions and educations were provided. My employer and fellow employees all worked together and communicated well to create a positive atmosphere for both patients and staff.
When you are offered a position to move up take it.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 10, 2016
Summerlin is a good place to work but , go to HR as soon as possible if you ever have any problems with management.. and make sure you document all events pertaining to the situation
Pros
I learned all the special diets
Cons
A lot of sitting and standing
Good Environment
Certified Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 19, 2016
very pleasant place to work,many highly skilled staff members. nice modern facility. with lots of room for staff members. pleasant management. highly recommended.
I loved going to work
Receptionist For Dr. Castorino (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 4, 2015
I worked with nice people< i also loved the patients they were great. i worked in the front office so i was the first person everyone seen.
Pros
I worked at a hospital
Cons
There was nothing wrong.
My unit out of whole hospital is the best unit to work on especially my shift.
Unit Clerk/CNA (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 1, 2015
A typical day at work for me can be frustrating depending on who I'm working with, I'm a team player and am always willing to help in any way. I enjoy working night shift because of the team work. The nurses are all willing to help with what is needed. The hardest part of my job is trying to get some nurses to keep their phone on them at all times in case a doctor/lab etc. calls. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I have a job to go to. I've learned that with issues that our unit has managements hands are tied and there is not much they can do..
Pros
My night shift co-workers
Cons
hours cut, not enough staff, not everyone is a team player
Good place to work overall
o Unit Coordinator/ Monitor Tech/EKG Tech (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 29, 2015
I enjoyed my experience over at Summerlin Hospital, people to work with are great and management is wonderful. Would recommend to anyone who wishes to work there.
Pros
Great management
Cons
wages are not up to par in comparison to the other hospitals
excellent work place
xray tech (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas NVApril 10, 2015
overall a great work atmosphere, good co-workers some favoritism.
excellent learning facility. Management is fare. The hardest part of my job is constant changes. and the most enjoyable part is working with the people I have worked with for years.
Pros
schedule
Cons
very little PTO
Effective health care, patient focused.
RN (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 2, 2014
Collaborative health care
Good communication
Team work centered atmosphere
Pros
Holiday time off
Cons
short staffed
Working for VHS
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NevadaOctober 24, 2014
Working closely with the COO, I was able to help resolve supply and purchasing issues. I worked with pricing contracts, conversions and everyday replenishment issues. I have learned that I am capable of dealing with stressful issues calmly and firmly. There all many facets of management. Knowing how to deal with several personalities is a must. My peers showed unity and great work ethics. The hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of my job was loving my job.
Pros
Working closely with the COO. Great mentor.
Cons
Politics
Learned a lot. Great staff
Dietary Nutrionist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 29, 2014
Great place to work and learn. Never felt over whelmed by my work load...
Pros
Great pay and benefits along with lots of incentive packages
Good healthcare experience while in school
Patient Sitter (Former Employee) –  Las VegasSeptember 8, 2014
Sit with patients and make sure to watch over them and let the nurses know of any related changes or if the patients tries to harm themselves or other.
wonderful learning experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 30, 2014
As a volunteer in the physical therapy department, I learned the many responsibilities required of the PT as well as the PTAs. A typical day consisted of co-treating with other disciplines, documentation, and interventions with patients in a caseload. I was not able to touch patients due to liability reasons, but I learned a lot through observation and shadowing.
Pros
Free lunch, free education from skilled clinicians, flexible hours
Productive fast paced environment.
Pharmacy Tech (Apprenticeship) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 30, 2014
Summerlin Hospital is a fast paced environment that continually challenged me to excel. Everyone from co-workers to management are willing to help out when needed.