Summerlin Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Nice place to volunteer at
Medical Coder (volunteer medical coder) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2018
I cannot say much because I was just an unpaid volunteer. They provided me with an excellent working station and gave me free meals on days that I volunteered.
Pros
Excellent working conditions
Cons
Good place to work but pay needs improvement
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89144June 27, 2018
For this hospital being on the nicer side of town, they need to improve compensation. Other hospitals pay more and if they improved that then they have better retention rates.
flexability
Cardiology Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89144May 17, 2018
nice staff..long hours in emergency room .high stressful patient care .friendly staff easy to work with. .will recommend to anyone for experience.as a manager was high stressful departmens to open a new Hospital.
Pros
breaks
Worst hospital I’ve ever worked at in 10 years experience
Scrub Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 17, 2018
I quit today because management was working me like a Slave.
I had 150 plus hours of call every week.
no communication and poor management.
Worst hospital ever
Pros
None the Doctors are the worst I’ve seen in over 10 years as a Traveler
Cons
high Death rate
Great Volunteer Opportunity
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 11, 2018
Volunteering at Summerlin Hospital was a great working experience. I helped with post operation patients, changed beddings, prepared IV kits, put catalogs together, etc.
Managegment of the NICU
Neonatal ICU Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 10, 2018
Management of the NICU could be better. There are a lot of secrecy and miscommunication within the management team which in turn puts a divider between them and the entire NICU staff.
working for summerlin hospital
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 18, 2018
Im very thankful for my employer to have given me opportunity to be part of their team. Ive learn a lot in such a short period of time. Im not planning to leave my employer any time soon but, i would like to get more experience around medical fields if i would ever have a chance.
Busy
Registered Nurse III (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 18, 2018
Summerlin is fast paced, I learned time management working in the ER/Cath Lab . I would never have left there but treated unfairly by fellow workers
Supply Tech
Distribution Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 20, 2018
I started at Summerlin in 2004 and experienced many changes including working with varies Supervisors and Managers. I learned a lot as well as adapted to many changes. The hospital continued to grow, adding new towers, and patient rooms.

I enjoyed the job very well, loved helping patients by providing supplies and answering call lights. Loved helping guests in the hallways looking for direction. I would always walk with them to their destination.
Productive and Fun
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 27, 2017
Great place to work wish I didnt have to leave.they really take care of there employee's, and they actually work as a team, I enjoyed management, and all the employee"s.everyone very helpful
Pros
higher education
Cons
better employee parking
Good experience but stressful
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 15, 2017
I worked on a Med Surg unit and my typical day was chaotic, especially for a new grad. I did learn a lot though but too many new RNs and not enough seasoned RNs to truly learn the art of nursing from. The house sup made us go to 7 patients frequently and charge nurses felt intimidated by this person, so we went to 7 on most days thus putting my RN license and the patient at risk. Management always had some great new idea to throw on the nurses adding to the ever ending stress. RNs, CNAs, Docs management...everyone seemed burned out and stressed. Pay was great though and PTO accumulates quick!
Pros
Free tea/coffee, lots of learning opportunities.
Cons
Short staffed, endless charting, demanding patients and management
Summerlin hospital
Medical Staff Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  LAS VEGAS NEVADASeptember 18, 2017
Busy from the moment I walk in. I learned things everyday such as what the roles of each chief of dept is. Management was very knowledable, however, showed favortism with certain providers depending if she liked them or not. Some rules were bent to cater to the providers she liked and didn't cater to ones that she didn't like. Work place culture was ok. Except alot of infidelities were going on within the employees and cause havoc within the work place.

Hardest part of the job was not being able to meet deadlines sometimes because the person you are working with doesn't show up to work or communicate that they wil not e able to complete their part to meet the deadline. L love being mulit tasked and working under pressure. And being able to assist the providers with what they need in order for them to give the patients the best care
Great place to shadow as a student
N/A (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2017
Enjoyed shadowing here as a student before starting PT school to get another perspective of Physical Therapy. The staff was friendly and welcoming always.
great place to work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 31, 2017
a nice place to get better , is very well maintained and the nurses and doctors are very nice and respectful.
very reliable and always helping others.
Pros
free lunches
Supportive and friendly environment
Registered Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 8, 2017
As a registered dietitian, patients were daily screened and nutritional interventions and educations were provided. My employer and fellow employees all worked together and communicated well to create a positive atmosphere for both patients and staff.
When you are offered a position to move up take it.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 10, 2016
Summerlin is a good place to work but , go to HR as soon as possible if you ever have any problems with management.. and make sure you document all events pertaining to the situation
Pros
I learned all the special diets
Cons
A lot of sitting and standing
Good Environment
Certified Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 19, 2016
very pleasant place to work,many highly skilled staff members. nice modern facility. with lots of room for staff members. pleasant management. highly recommended.
I loved going to work
Receptionist For Dr. Castorino (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 4, 2015
I worked with nice people< i also loved the patients they were great. i worked in the front office so i was the first person everyone seen.
Pros
I worked at a hospital
Cons
There was nothing wrong.
My unit out of whole hospital is the best unit to work on especially my shift.
Unit Clerk/CNA (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 1, 2015
A typical day at work for me can be frustrating depending on who I'm working with, I'm a team player and am always willing to help in any way. I enjoy working night shift because of the team work. The nurses are all willing to help with what is needed. The hardest part of my job is trying to get some nurses to keep their phone on them at all times in case a doctor/lab etc. calls. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I have a job to go to. I've learned that with issues that our unit has managements hands are tied and there is not much they can do..
Pros
My night shift co-workers
Cons
hours cut, not enough staff, not everyone is a team player
Good place to work overall
o Unit Coordinator/ Monitor Tech/EKG Tech (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 29, 2015
I enjoyed my experience over at Summerlin Hospital, people to work with are great and management is wonderful. Would recommend to anyone who wishes to work there.
Pros
Great management
Cons
wages are not up to par in comparison to the other hospitals