Summit Broadband Employee Reviews

Poor management
Controller (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 2, 2018
Poor management, not forth coming with challenges the department was facing. I understand management may have changed, however not a job I was interested in keeping.
Typical Call Center Life
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 24, 2018
Almost zero room for career advancement, HR prefers to hire from the outside in, management is constantly changing and switching direction, most agents are technically incompetent.
Pros
Free dental, vision and life insurance
Cons
No flexibility, widely varying hours, no career advancement
Originally, great place to work but acquired by a foreign company and upper management changed.
Vice President, Customer Operations (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 7, 2017
Initially for the first 18 months, it was a great place to work but after being acquired by a foreign company that changed. Upper management changed, culture definitely shifted. Already was working 50 + hours/week but that demand increased significantly. Many of the individuals at all levels of the organization have left.
Productive Environment
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLNovember 30, 2017
Work was always something to look forward too. They had the coffee machine ready for the employees. I learned to be very communicative in that work area. Starting from working in a cubical with co-workers surrounding me to getting out in the work sites and working with our customers. It was a cable and WiFi company so there where days I stayed in the office and input in all of my customer information, there where also days where I was put on different job sight locations which helped me better communicate with customers. The hardest part of my job was to be rejected sometimes it wasn't the greatest feeling but for every rejection to the company we got double the amount of customers. So at the end it really benefited the company going out to spread the word about our services. The most enjoyable part of that job was not only getting customers to join us but also having a relationship with them and helping them in any way that help could be given.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Temporary Job
Great Work Environment
Account Director (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLNovember 20, 2017
Good company to work for. Management is concerned about their employees. Talented organization, with excellent support staff. Focused on Client's needs.
Worst place I ever worked for
Advance technical support for Field Technicians (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 2, 2017
Only bad experience for me, no opportunity for advancement even thou I was over qualified for the positions I applied for. Felt like walking on eggshells if I did not please management on their ridiculous requests. Call center agents not equipped with the right tools and knowledge to resolve incoming calls from customers. Overload of work for TOC dept with escalation tickets for simple tasks call agents could had resolve. Overall, not what I expected from a service provider to put the customer first and build strong leads and supervisors to resolve call center calls.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
not a fun place
Commercial Tecnical Support (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 28, 2017
people are to fragile, want to take you to hr for no reason, not a friendly place to work. People do not know their job................................
I did enjoy most of my time with my this company
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 23, 2017
at typical day at work we would have busy days and slow day.
i learned that you should check with several different leads or supervisors before just following what you should do in certain situations,
Awesome services
Call Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 15, 2017
The video and internet products are the best in the industry. The work environment is still in progress. Most key roles are filled appropriately but a few still need to be updated.
Pros
open door policy
Cons
antiquated internal systems
Oppressive work environment
Community Advocate (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLMay 18, 2017
Poorly managed company, overly aggressive and intimidation-based managerial style by some executives, lack of direction, everchanging priorities, inadequate training, borderline risky business decisions, widespread lack of accountability, oppressive work environment, lack of communication or hidden agendas. Private information discussed with HR, will be divulged to vast department heads and peers. Employees have mass emailed the company employee directory with slanderous comments and the HR department refused to address or acknowledged the issue jeopardizing an employees character numerous occassions.Placement of inexperienced employees in various positions with limited guidence with expectations peers are to coach. Consistently understaffed demanded to preform multiple departments work daily outside of your personal job duties.. Illegitimate employee corrective action.
Cons
Unprofessional
Unprofessional
Service (Former Employee) –  OrlandoMarch 26, 2017
The most unprofessional place I have experienced in my career. I have never experienced upper management talk about their employees so negatively even in the first interview! That should have been a sign to go the other way.
Pros
Cons
Terrible leadership
Seniority
Commercial Installation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 20, 2017
Great place to learn self sufficiency and gain experience through trial and error. Teamwork does not count.
Work place
Pros
Opportunity to grow
Cons
Seniority or knowledge are not important
Productive and fun place to work
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 25, 2016
Permanent Career, great staff and plenty of opportunity for advancement and growth. Certified Career, very happy with my placement here at Summit Broadband
Pros
Great Staff, Great Hours
Cons
Non
Great small company. Expanding in the Central Florida area!
Commercial Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2016
Typical day consists of installation of fiber network equipment inside commercial properties.

I went from residential installation of CATV equipment into commercial installation of fiber equipment consisting of Telco systems, Juniper, Cisco, Brocade, and Ciena.

Management and Co-workers where a pleasure to work with.
Terrible work place
worker order clerk/billing (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 30, 2016
Nothing was organized. So many mistakes were made due to lack of communication and virtually no training.
I was fired for speaking up about something bad that was happening and tried to do the right thing.
I dealt with customers screaming at me over all the terrible mistakes that were repeatedly made, and they had every right to be angry. I felt ashamed to work for such a poorly run company.
Everyone tried their hardest but when the managers are terrible the employees can only do so much.
Everyone is replaceable and we were reminded of that daily.
I'm happy to no longer be there, and I apologize to every customer for what they have gone through.
Pros
Cons
Stressful and unappreciated
Exciting fast pace
ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLSeptember 27, 2015
Summit Broadband is a fast growing, fun and exciting place. The culture there is that we all care about the customer and each other to get what needs to done.
Its hard to move up in the company
Launch Representative (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 17, 2015
This is a good company for a student coming out of high school. I don't fit in this company because i am a hard worker while most of the employees we lazy.I began to see why they were. Upper management always went with experience over loyalty.
Encouraging and friendly workplace with great coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 31, 2015
I would come into work, greeted by everyone who I met. I would come to my desk after punching in and I would login to my phone and computer to take phone calls. I would take care of customer phone calls about their issues with billing or tech support, and they would be so grateful. One of the best parts about the job is the staff. The hardest part of the job is not staying later and helping out more than is needed, when overtime is not available due to business need.
Pros
employee appreciation day, free food often, very relaxed coworkers.
Challenging
Account Director (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FlApril 23, 2015
Extremely difficult to fit in with very seasoned and tenured reps. All the major opportunities in our small footprint already accounted for.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Pay
Small company trying to become big company
Fiber Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 6, 2015
Small company with major growing pains. Day to day work is very busy with no true direction. Upper management is having issue giving direction of the company.
Pros
A job
Cons
No direction

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Summit Broadband. Our community is ready to answer.

Summit Broadband Reviews by Location