Summit Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great Credit Union
Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 14, 2019
Credit union has a great reputation in the community, and is very well liked by its membership. Very good organization for thrifty consumers, and people wanting to improve their finances. A-players thrive here. Great pay and benefits.
Member focused
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  WisconsinApril 17, 2019
I love how focused they are with helping everyone in the community. They make banking easy and look to do whatever they can for anyone that stops in to their branches.
Fun and Friendly Workplace with Great Leadership
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 17, 2019
Worked here for almost five years. I was consistently learning and growing, the culture always remained fun and friendly, and leadership was always available and visible. Summit really cares about their employees and it shows.
THE worst upper and lower management I’ve ever come across
Teller (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 14, 2019
Management ONLY cares about themselves and how they look towards upper management. Will back stab you in a heart beat to make themselves look better.
Policy states one thing how to perform your job, everyone else tells you your wrong and you get spoken to. Nothing is every set in stone in their policies.
When you do follow prodocall, management still has to make you feel incompetent.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Extremely bad management
Great Place to work
Collections Manager - Legal Department (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 15, 2019
Summit has a great training program, and allows you the tools you need to complete the job.
Even with a Female CEO, you still have to Good old boy club
Benefits
Cons
Upper management is lazy
great company to work for
SENIOR MEMBER SERVICE TELLER (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 8, 2019
great company to work for. great pay and people to work with and helping members. great company to work around your schedule when you needed the time off.
Teller/Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 2, 2019
I loved working for Summit! Though my time was cut short due to a mistake I take responsibility for, I have nothing but positives about this place! I loved my coworkers and my branch manager along with others I met from other branches/departments. We were definitely a family and all worked very cohesively to make the branch successful. It’s a great atmosphere and great learning and advancement opportunities as long as you put in the work. They take notice of everything and do a great job making sure you understand your part in the company and help you move towards future goals.
Pros
Benefits, time off, growth and development
Relaxed Environment
Member Service CC Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 3, 2018
It's been over 4 years since I worked there. But the call center and Summit Ave branch were pretty cool. The institution is small so you end you seeing and speaking to the same members on a regular basis. Which allows you to develop a level of trust that I'm sure members value.
My Review
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 8, 2018
My job was temporary. So I wasn't taught much. The workplace culture is intense you could cut the tension with a knife. This job was just a job to me .
Most people that worked there quit. To much emphasis on selling products
Teller (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIApril 28, 2018
The new management was only worried about making himself look good and getting his promotions off of every one else's hard work. Very demeaning and belittling. Made it very stressful. Helping people was what I wanted to do. The training in Madison was very good and the people there were very nice. Learned new computer programs.
Pros
Some nice people
Cons
Pushing products
Member Centered place to work with Friendly Environment
Senior Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Muskego, WIApril 23, 2018
I like my job. I love to work with people and everyday is different. The most rewarding part of my job is that i can help people achieve their financial dreams and goals. The hardest part of my job is that i cannot advance with this company. I have gotten to the point where i want a change in my career but am still passionate about the company, but they do not provide that to the Milwaukee area lenders.
Pros
flexible, personal time
Cons
Milwaukee are not as targeted as Madison market
Great training and upper management teams
Lending Advisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 23, 2018
A typical work day is 8-5:15 PM. It is a great place to learn the role of a consumer lender and as a mortgage lender. The training program is hands down one of the best. There are always opportunities to lear and grow. The workplace culture is fun and competitive.
Company Culture
Senior Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 12, 2018
The company is all about team-work and very focused on helping better members lives. Top management tries very hard to get employees excited about what they are doing.
They say they try to promote from within. They do for banker and teller positions but that doesn't seem to hold true for branch manager positions. Most in the Milwaukee area have been outside hires.
In general, a positive place to work for.
Pros
Incentives for hitting goals
working environment
Member Service Teller (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIJanuary 4, 2018
Pleasant place to work. Co-workers worked cohesively together to maintain the Summit culture. Management had a willingness to assist you to become all that you could be within the company.
Pros
Friendly, a great place to work
Cons
Advancement in Milwaukee area.
The company is a great place to work. I love working with my team and enjoy my duties.
MSR & Lending specialist (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 9, 2017
I really enjoy being able to help members with their problems. I am in need of more money meaning I would have to work another job from home to provide a life for my children and I. I personally have gained so much working with Summit, they have given me a chance when I need one. I am on the call center all day and able to make a difference.
Pros
knowing it's a secured job
Cons
not being paid enough and PTO is limited
Good job
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 9, 2017
Summit is a great place to work. Lots of PTO and great benefits and 401K. The pay could be more competitive and they could offer more ability to work from home.
Pros
Great benefits and PTO
Cons
High stress and goals, low pay
Good Pay
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 27, 2017
Summit pays well,
benefits are great
Management in HR was/is lazy
Training department is lazy

The best part of my job was my coworkers who worked and didn't spend all day complaining
Pros
Good Pay/ Great Benefits
Cons
Poor HR department
nice place to work
Teller II at Raleigh NC Branch (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 12, 2017
I enjoy working here. I just want to get closer to my home and do something a little different than banking. It is a relaxed atmosphere and I have met a lot of nice people.
Great company
Member Service Teller (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 26, 2017
Summit is a great company to work for. They really are all about helping members in need of assistance with their financial situation. Which I love. The new hire training is crazy good. They have won several awards for it. They also really care about their employee's well being, The whole company is well structured and fun overall. Being a teller, however can be pretty stressful. Depending on the branch and your position. You have to be able to work under high stress situations and be a problem solver. Your members personal information is all on file so trustworthiness is a must. Other then that, Summit is really great. We have themed fun days that are wrapped around asking our members thoughtful questions to uncover financial needs that they might have. All of the employees in the network all pretty much know each other. We also get incentives if we meet our goals. Including a bonus at the beginning of the year, gift cards, free lunches and bowling nights with your team. Just last week my branch and another branch came together for a meeting and we ended it with a game of kickball. Its a ton of fun. There's also a lot of room to grow and your superiors are very involved with that process. Overall, Other then the stressers that come with every job, its a pretty awesome place to work.
Pros
bonuses, free lunches, free game nights
Cons
stressful environment
Awesome place to work
Member Service Teller (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 19, 2017
People and atmosphere are awesome. Great compensation and very flexible with hours. Would recommend to anyone looking for an easy and laid back position.