Summit Health Management Employee Reviews

Good job
Health examiner (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJuly 15, 2018
Its great pay but not great communication from management. Also there is not very much work through them in my area. If you want yo travel to surrounding states there is a bit more
Pros
Pay
Cons
No hours available here
job titled as posted *laundry assistant
Laundry Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TN 37932April 21, 2018
job turned out to be a laundry service for elderly home place
90% was soiled bed pads and sheets
spend full shifts sorting soiled pads and linens for washing and then loading into dryers and folding and repacking.
NO AC , lots of fans to stay cool only.
got to have breaks every 2 hours worked from 10 am to 6pm.
supervisor , she was not hospitable to her employees.
Pros
smoke breaks outside every 2 hours
Cons
soiled laundry from an retirement home place
HORRIBLE SALARY - Great place to work
Unknown (Current Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJApril 12, 2018
This is an excellent company to work for especially with it expansions to Arizona and Oregon. However, the salary is extremely low compared to other organizations with same job titles.
Pros
Job security, flexibility
Cons
Salary, Salary, Salary
Cut throat management/leads. Inconsistent communication.
Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORFebruary 15, 2018
Inconsistent communication within ophthalmology department. Limited advancement opportunities. No care for employee happiness within clinical working environment. A manager that isn’t involved with the technical works of the tech staff but yet does the annual reviews. Definitely a hierarchical environment without consideration for the support staff. Techs have many responsibilities without proper compensation. Yes, great benefits... One question needs to be asked before applying for a position in this department... “would you rather make a fair salary or work in an environment that makes you happy to be there?” Happiness is always worth more than money/benefits.
Pros
Benefit package
Cons
Inconsistencies, limited advancement opportunities, no care for employee workload
Very Large Physician Practice with many locations and many specialties
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJFebruary 12, 2018
As the Practice has increased, some of the "personal touches" have gone away. Sometimes losing site of how important the staff is in making sure our patients have the best quality of care. Although a physican led practice, it is the staff that ensures our patients are well taken care of. Losing great employees in the wake of this conglomerate is what is happening.
Secure
Purchasing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Providence, NJJanuary 26, 2018
This is a job that will give you security. The people that work in SMG/SHM are wonderful and make you feel like family. Learning is something you do everyday. This is a great workplace and you can continue to grow with the group.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No work/life balance
business culture
Coding Compliance Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJJanuary 22, 2018
management typically did not seem to know what the staff workload was. however if they liked you, they would shower you with compliments and approval.
Pros
good benefits, good salary, close to home
Cons
horrible people, unprofessional mgmt
very nice company to work with
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJJuly 14, 2017
learned many medical specialty. Co worker very helpful people, but no growth in the position. very strike work schedule/. good benefits , but no appreciation
Growing management company
Portfolio Accountant (Current Employee) –  New Providence, NJAugust 23, 2016
Growing management company operating through typical growing pains. People wear many hats and often overlap responsibilities with other parties. Management is very knowledgeable.
Working conditions at the Group are the best I've ever seen, most of the staff don't realize how great they have it.
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJAugust 16, 2016
An average day for me would be filled with working with the finest Medical professional's that exist. The management have instilled in us that our patient's and their care is our top priority. After that if you need to take a short break go right ahead.
Sometimes the hardest part of the job is remembering that all of us need to walk away even if just for a short walk.

Helping patient's and staff is what keeps me going strong, sometimes just asking how they are doing or if you can direct them to where they need to go means more if they don't have to ask.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
no cost of living pay increase
Never work here
It doesn't matter (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 7, 2016
If I could rate zero stars, I would. The owners are terrible human beings who should be ashamed of themselves and who should consider that their greed, lack of morals and ethics will catch up to them. The culture of the company is the worst and can be compared to a circus, run by clowns, and without any of the fun- but you still have a steaming mess to clean up, daily. NO ONE should EVER work at ANY of the "companies" run by Summit View. They are pure evil.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Everything about it
Productive company, the employees are from all over the world which makes for a very diversified work environment.
Billing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasJuly 22, 2015
A typical day is very busy, there is always something to be done at Doctors Clinic Houston, P.A. - no need to look far or wide before coming across something that needs tending to in one of the six clinics.
I learned so much while at this company, I was given such a wonderful opportunity which I am blessed and thankful for. I started as a Corporate Biller and Credentialing Specialist from there I was promoted to a Supervisor position, at that time I was given the chance to use so much of what I had learned throughout my years in the medical field, interestingly :) I was very humbled to see how much I still had to learn, and I still do, that is what the medical field is all about though constant changes, learning new, better, faster and more efficient ways of doing things.
I think the hardest part of this job was the position that I had was working and answering to a person whom (has) or had been with the company for years and years and (knows) or knew just about everything, so I was frustrated for not having everything just like I would have liked it to have been, but I did try and I did accomplish tasks that were put before me, even if they seemed almost impossible at the time.
I enjoyed all that I learned at this job, I left alot of days feeling beat down at the same time I always knew that I was lucky because I was given that opportunity to really explore my acquired skills yet at the same time integrate all of this wonderful new knowledge I was being given. I had worked in the medical field for so long. I had started out as a receptionist in my late teens then worked
  more... in the front office then went to medical billing school so this was a chance to use alot of old and new skill sets.  less
Pros
Physicians and co-workers all worked well together.
I enjoy educating new employees.
Staff Development and Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, THApril 23, 2015
Develop training and education programs for all Summit View facilities (2) including orientation for new employees as well as staff development to ensure guidelines and procedures are current and implemented. Participant in daily unit manager meeting directed by DON, weekly IDT meeting, weekly High Risk meeting, and monthly Quality Assurance meeting, to collaborate with ancillary staff to develop best plan of care for our patients.
A learning experience for me to stretched my comfort zone.
Social Work Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 17, 2014
I spent almost every hour of the day in the community hospitals networking and assessing potential patients. I learned how to grow a business and the importance of IMPACT training and importance of patient care. I worked directly with my coworker who was a nurse and also assessed patients. My supervisor was the owner/operator of the business who was "hands off". The hardest part of the job is trying to advocate for patient care in a facility that was hard to change after such habits have been made. I very much enjoyed being able to assess patients, advocate for patients, and learn so much about the hospitals.
Pros
Being in the hospitals, being my own boss
Cons
I could not change what I felt strongly about
health care organization
Administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 30, 2014
Nice co-worker
easy schedule
organized
lack of management
Pros
schedule
Cons
salary
Steady, secure, low-wage paycheck if you can put up with the "Yuck!"
Laundry Aide (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 20, 2012
Sort, wash, dry and fold laundry for hospitals and nursing homes. Have to deal with a lot of blood, feces, and other bodily fluids.
One manager is often grouchy, while the other is laid back and respectful.
Pros
job security, if you are reliable (they don't care about your past or legal troubles)
Cons
nasty, no raises (ever), grouchy boss