Summit Health
Happiness rating is 70 out of 100

Summit Health Employee Reviews

Summit Health insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Clear sense of purpose

Loved most of the people I worked with

Pay wasn't very good. Worked you to death. You had to swear your life away to get a day off. If you weren't a doctor or manager you didn't matter. If you made a suggestion or brought up an issue, you were making a problem and they didn't like it.

Pros

Patients

Cons

Management/pay

Needs Improvement

Have favorites and a bit discriminatory. Management is not supportive. They will target you if you make more money than them. Just be careful. Not a family environment.

Over worked and under staffed

Doctors see patients every 15 minutes, therefore they are over booked and not giving thorough exams. Management is poor and people call out all of the time.

Pay

I dont feel they pay you accordingly. Not much room for growth and pay advancement. My supervisor in the ED has been great. She familynorientes and tries her best to accommodate her staff!

Summit Health

Working there I learned alot. Mind you I was green and new to the field. So it was a good place to start. But unfortunately I also learned that it was a bad work environment.

Job seekers rely on your experience.

good

This company was more with outreach service. Deal with vendors and different companies. Discuss health issues and educate and counsel on health issues.

Just Culture encourages people to be nice

Busy environment, good cafeteria, must be independent in technology, not alot of support, healthcare not what you would expect from a hospital, poorly organized operations

Good for growth

Its a great place to.grow and lean.youneed to be able to think outside the box. This is not a job but a career choice. Once you see it as this you will grow and do well.

Love the flexibility

Happy with my work the scheduling it’s convenient for me to pick my own work schedules due to my mom health issues and her doctor appointments I’m blessed

See below

The owner only care about numbers and profit he careless about his employees or customers! He very hard to work with, he does not supply the employees with proper tools need to do there job efficiently!

It was ok

It was ok, they don't always have work available but the cases they have are typically people who don't need someone their 24/7 but instead a couple of hours a day.

Traveling Phlebotomist

I did not mind traveling to different places to work., There just was not enough work to make a living with this company it was first come first serve

Productive Company

I loved working with this company! I enjoy traveling voluntarily and meeting new people. I also enjoy learning with the virtual meetings that were held quarterly.

Great staff. Learned a lot. Liked your travel rep to demonstrate equipment and touch base with your contractors

All of the above. I definitely miss working for you. Let me know when you decide to return to hiring independent contractors. I enjoyed working with other contractors to do biometric testing. Found Provider Relations helpful and friendly.

Pros

Friendly personnel

Cons

You stopped hiring independent contractors.

This was a cool job.

I really like this job except for the fact that it was on weekends normally and it started at like 4 in the morning and we would go to different businesses and do a little Health venue for that business.

Work is always available and its pretty easy.

Work is slow and fast paced. Depends on the list of participants needing screened and amount of hired screeners for that event. The lead is picked by management and is assignedvto receive all boxes shipped to their home. Expected to sort through supplies and make sure everything works. Then the lead must load their vehicle and unload at the site of the screening. Then load vehicle again at end of screening event and either ship items back by taking to a UPS or keeping some items on hand for future events. Pay is less than $20 per hour which is much lower than avg screener pay with other companies. The lead gets paid $2 more per hour. An avg event is 5 hours long and starts early mornings by 5 to 6 am. The management has changed in 2019 and now the new hires are considered "employees" that get taxes taken out but with a new lower pay offered than before.

Pros

Off early by noon to 1pm

Cons

Low pay, Have to wait to see if you get scheduled, after you submit your availability instead of automatically being put on an event.

A different type of nursing

More like public health nursing than anything. Nice place to work. If you love to travel this is the place for you. Nice part time or full time job.

Hostile work space

This job is not for the light of heart, patients are rude to you, office staff from medical offices are rude to you and all is being monitored, its stressful making sure you take as many calls as possible.

Summit Health great place to work.

Per diem with Summit Health is only good to do in ones spare time. Employees are not guaranteed a clinic every day, or an individual may be chosen for every clinic, and others may not be chosen for weeks at the time. The key is working moderate, but at a fast pace, with no mistakes, and being professional. Even though I did not know how clinics were chosen and how teams were selected, I still enjoyed my time with Summit Health. More pay, more pay needed.

OK place to work

Favoritism is huge, some had set hours and most of us our schdule was all over the place, going in 5 million directions. Job description kept having things added to it, with no compensation. Poor managent, hardly ever at WH always at other facilities. Confidentially didnt exist, the "favorites" knew everyones business. HR a complete joke.

Flexible place to work

I enjoy working for Summit it is very rewarding. Being able to work at your own pace and your coworkers helping you it's just an amazing environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Summit Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.9
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Summit Health with

• Summit Health
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?