Summit Home Care

Summit Home Care Employee Reviews

This employer elected to publish survey results gathered via Indeed Insider. The survey results included this review. The employer has indicated that the reviewer was a current employee at the time this review was written.
I work 1:1 with clients and don’t have much interaction with office staff except for payroll issues or scheduling corrections. Working with the clients is definitely fulfilling but when it comes to support from the office there’s alot of room for improvement.
Be careful when considering to work for this company. They promise the nurses one rate to accept a case and then pay out another, which is absurd because they don’t pay enough to begin with. In addition to that, they don’t pay OT for hours over 40. They don’t offer medical benefits, vacation pay, or PTO. When the patient has an appointment and they refuse for the nurse to assist, you wont get paid for the break in care. However, you are expected to leave their home and return mid shift. So hopefully you don’t get a patient with appointments 2-3 times per week. Most importantly, they are very bias! Forget about fairness and all patients being treated the same, only the administration chooses who gets the best care.
Pros
Freedom to search for a real nursing opportunity
Cons
False advertisement and poor pay
Great company to work for. Flexible with my schedule, great office atmosphere, very dedicated to their clients, always going above and beyond for their employees and clients.
A fantastic company. Management cares about its employees and treats everyone the same, with respect and compassion during a very difficult time for everyone! I would recommend Summit to any individual looking for a career in healthcare operations or field work as a nurse or aide! I've worked at a few home care companies and Summit is by far the best. No games by upper management; they do what they say they're going to do and they support all of their employees which is also a rare thing in health care.
My position offers a lot of autonomy! I always feel listened to when I have ideas, concerns, suggestions and feedback by all members of my team. Without fail I know that my work is appreciated and valued by both leadership and fellow colleagues. In addition to the consistent encouragement, the overall drive of each member makes working here no less than my prayer answered.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Summit is a great place to work. It is easy to go to work every morning when you feel like you belong! I love being able to be a part in helping patients.
Summit is a wonderful company to work with. They are easy to deal with and listen to any concerns. I would recommend them to anybody that asks.Thank you!
Summit is flexible, helpful, and always available when questions arise. I have always been able to reach someone when needed and they do their utmost to ensure I am happy with the things I need!
Very warm place! Always there to answer questions I have, whatever time of day! During the pandemic they’re were there giving us masks, gloves and hand sanitizer to help us stay safe!!
Positive work environment. Always supported by management and coworkers. Best job that I have had in my life and would recommend to anyone looking for a rewarding job
when the pandemic hit everything closed. Homecare being a 24/7 responsibility meant that my patient had to remain as safe as possible. Summit has been providing ppe's to each pateint every 2 weeks since the beginning of April. It was delivered personally by Summit admin not with ups, fedex or usps. Other agencies that i work with (also my coworkers) did not supply anything even made us purchase our own which was hard because the stores didnt have. Summit doesnt just care because they are homecare but because they go the extra mile and it has clearly shown during teh pandemic.
I have worked for a numerous home care agencies in nyc and thought they were all the same until i started with Summit. Straight form the beginning, from the recruiter to the orientation everything was organized and efficient. I applied on a monday attended the orientation on thursday and started working that weekend and with their semi weekly express pay feature i got paid for my weekend shifts THAT tuesday!!!! They also have ipads in all pateints home for every single document found in the big binders and its 100% electronic. Summit has set the bar really high and has proven a real leader in home care. Would recommend both nurses and patients to Summit over any other agency.
Work is quite good with no micro management. They let you decide how to do your job. I have learned a lot here and have become more confident. Work place culture is not so good. People keep to themselves usually and it doesn't feel like a team thing. You feel left out. Hardest part of the job is to stay motivated each n everydayand there's no Career path. The best part is that at the end you get to help a patient in need which makes you feel really good.
Summit has a culture of caring. We care about what we do, we care about our patients and those we interact with everyday. We care about each other. Everyone wants to feel proud of the place where they work. We who work at Summit are proud of what we do and how we do it.
As RN UAS assessor, I enjoyed working for this company. When it comes to competing assessments, Clinical directors are highly resourceful and efficient.
Fair extra income Flexible schedule Skilled management in NY office; minimal training. Most difficult part of this job is clear understanding of computer. For RNs, this is one of the top priorities... documentation!
Very good office staff. Keeps nurses and Hha staff happy. Always answer the phone when needed. Good at matching nurses up with cases. Flexibility with your schedule
Pros
Quick pay
Cons
Availability of cases
I love all the work I do not mind doing it I just don’t like for my work not to be recognized when I do something that I was wasn’t hired for. I love to work I love to help others and I love to make my money right.
I do everything that has to be done with no problem. I love to work. I love when my job is being recognized. I love to take care of my applicants to do my orientation and take care of all there issues that they need help with.
Summit is a great company to work for,they help they employer when is needed fair salary and are there in case you need to speak to a rep from the company
Pros
Excellent company to work
Cons
I do to many different jobs. I do compliance and a receptionist. I want to focus on 1 or be able to organize my work load properly. I can multitask..
  1. Employee Reviews