Summit Home Care Employee Reviews

Not what you expect
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 21, 2019
Office staff have clicks and often joke on each other. Work gets done most of the time but some how patients are often left alone for hours while a coordinator looks for a replacement. Good place to work for some experience but not for growth. Same thing day in and day out.
summit homecare
Admin (Current Employee) –  New YorkAugust 9, 2019
Summit is a company that feels like a family. They care for each and every employee and want us to grow with them. The overall atmosphere in the office is one of strong work ethic but humor and laughter goes a long way with employers and fellow employees.
Working in the health care business
Admin (Current Employee) –  New YorkAugust 9, 2019
Summit is a good place to work. The work culture is fairly good, you will be required to complete most task on a daily basis because that how the business operates. The satifaction comes from knowing you have made the patient day a little brighter.
Great team work
Admin (Current Employee) –  New YorkAugust 7, 2019
Welcoming and respectful staff that work great as a team. Accommodate and are flexible with changes in schedule. Payroll on time and on point. Overall a pleasant and respectful environment.
beach day :)
Admin (Current Employee) –  New YorkAugust 7, 2019
A day at work is like a walk on the beach , very peaceful and relaxing . I've been working here a year and half and i've learned numerous things i didn't think i was able to learn and continue knowing . i love my job and my coworkers couldn't be any better , we work hard and work together like a team , and that's why i always look forward to a day at work at summit
Summit
Admin (Current Employee) –  New YorkAugust 7, 2019
Summit has a great team in both NY & NJ. They care for the clients and follow their mission. They support their caregivers by providing on-going continuing education opportunities to educate them for continuing professional growth. They believe in service beyond expectation, achieved through a constant desire to anticipate and fulfill evolving client needs.

They have a great team of caring certified home health aides that meet the needs of our clients day in and day out. They have wonderful managers that want their team to grow and excel.
Work can be a pleasure
Admin (Current Employee) –  New YorkAugust 6, 2019
Having a job at Summit is a pleasure. The good and kind environment and feeling fulfilled that we can earn a living yet still help vulnerable people in need of assistance is wonderful.
Never bored
Admin (Current Employee) –  New YorkAugust 5, 2019
I like when a job keeps me busy and this job certainty does. I enjoy always having something to do and new obstacles to overcome daily.

I get a feeling of accomplishment and motivates me to continue doing a good job
Great pt or second ft job
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Atlantic County, NJJuly 30, 2019
Great if your going to school or want some extra money not much advancement. Enjoy the family i work for. Company is far. Anthor con is you only get for the exact amount of hours you work so dont stay late you will not get paid for OT
Pros
Great second job weekly Pay
Cons
No Benifits No Raise dead end no advancements
form your own opinion
Intake Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 13, 2019
This is not a long term place of employment. Management is always changing. if you are offered a position accept it until you can find something more stable. there are great people there.
Pros
you get a paycheck
Cons
keep looking for work
Official response from Summit Home Care
July 16, 2019

Management has recently undergone some changes which will ultimately improve the quality of the services provided as well as provide assurances to our employees.

Great work culture and healthy work environment
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 12, 2019
The home care industry is very competitive so when you are part of an established company with years of specialized experience it makes the work you do even more productive and life affirming.
Pros
great location
Cons
no parking
Stressful because the communication was terrible.
Community Liaison (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHJuly 1, 2019
Because of the lack of communication it was very difficult to plan lunches/meetings. Management wasn't open to new things like CEU's. By the end of the day everyone was frustrated and most patients didn't even have caretakers assigned to their case yet.
Pros
Not really
Official response from Summit Home Care
July 16, 2019

Effective communication is the foundation for a successful company. With the recent changes in management, the primary focus is to improve communication between departments, nurses and the patients.

great com[any to work for
CHHA (Current Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJJanuary 25, 2019
I love working for summit, Flexible schedule they let me work when I am available, any problems or concerns staff is always available to talk to. great company. also very flexible with rate of pay I took care of husband and wife pay was great according to work I was doing.
Better structured forms
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2018
Summit Home Care is a good agency and the coordination are very nice and understanding individuals who understand the needs of their clients and workers
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Less cases
As a worker I always making sure i in clean work place,as a working I produce good services and value.
HHA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 6, 2018
I Always say thank you to people ,I always like keep smile on my face to let people know that i’m Pleasant ,I always willing help out in any kind way,I go out my way to be kind and polite people .
Cons
Short breaks
something is difficult , but the important part is to know how to deal with it.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 21, 2018
During I was working, i learned many things, how to deal with the patient , how to solve issues without hurt no one. i also learned that every patients has their own culture and we have to respect them. The hardest part of the job was when i had to work with patient in bed, but it wasn't to difficult for me because I love to work with people and show then that they are important. I remember that i worked for a patient one time, and she love to go to the mall that's was the best job that i had.
Pros
Be part of Home Health ID has many benefits
Cons
Sometime you have to work later than usual.
Recruiting
Temp. Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 9, 2018
It was not a positive experience for me. Lack of training and poor management skills. No lunch hour. Too gossip and pettiness in the work environment.
Wonderful Place
Medical Records Clerk/Medical Billing (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 20, 2018
This company truly cared about the patients it was helping and the employees. Everyone on staff was very supportive of each other and my time there was very pleasurable.
Great Place
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 26, 2018
Summit provided a good enviorment to work with. They offer hand in hand training when they welcome you on board . They also due daily communication on how to provided a better work flow during the day.
Company values
Administrator/Dir Clinical Services (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 13, 2018
Value commitment. Hard to compete against bigger hhc agencies but they pay comparably and are very supportive of clinicians. Plenty of work for part or full time.
Pros
set your own schedules
Cons
no mileage reimbursement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Summit Home Care. Our community is ready to answer.