Summit Information Resources Employee Review

View all Summit Information Resources reviews

Worst Managment Around
Sales (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 7, 2019
When you are a company of less than 40 employee's and in less than a 24 month span 27 employee's have come and gone, that set's the stage of what working at Summit is like. Summit has long prided itself on "Great Culture" "Relaxed work environment" and being recognized as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work for by Minnesota Business Magazine.Unfortunately,there is not a list of awful places to work for,this would certainly describe why so many people come and go from this mess. The culture is fun if you are ready to head back to 10th grade and want to relive those High School Clicks. And about a relaxed work environment, its anything but. You see what happened is they have this manager there who does not have a clue what he is doing, Everyone there cannot stand this person and this explains the turnover that they have. You put one or two bad managers in charge of day to day operations and you have a disaster. By far the worst management I have seen. Its a shame also,because a lot of the people who left were really part of what made Summit good early on. Its unfortunate that the owner and the President lost there vision and put there trust in a Manager who is doing his best to ruin what the owner has worked so hard to build and they don't see that. Remember this review after you get hired and it will all start to make sense.
Official response from Summit Information Resources
April 12, 2019

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and concerns. I am sorry to hear about your poor experience working at Summit. While everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I would be in error to agree with your generalizations. As a team, we place an incredibly strong emphasis on our core values and ensuring that we have the right people and they are in the right seats. Because of this, I have the utmost trust and confidence in our leadership team and managers and their ability to align their work with my vision.

I truly wish that everyone who has come and gone from this company would walk away with positive feelings and a great experience, however, I understand that is wishful thinking. My belief for both business and life is that if you’re not growing/improving, you’re going backwards. Growth, for companies and individuals (many times employees outgrow companies), often means change, and change can be difficult and painful! In either (company or individual) case, growth must happen regardless of the difficulty and sacrifice. No matter what, I place a strong value on the relationships I’ve built with present and past employees.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts. We take all criticism very seriously and discuss it thoroughly. I wish you the best and hope that your next endeavor is a better fit for you and what you’re looking for.

Dick Noble
Owner/ Founder

Other Summit Information Resources Employee Reviews

Train wreck
NA (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 17, 2019
Operations management is a complete joke. This is the most mismanaged and unorganized company I've ever worked for. You are nothing to them unless you work in sales. The turnover is so high they could install a revolving door. Bringing up issues to HR gets you nowhere. For over a year now everyone has known what the main problem is and nothing has been done about it. The employees are disgruntled for a reason. There's a lot more than a couple of them
Pros
Cons
Leadership team
Enjoyable place to work. You get what you put in!
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 15, 2019
I've worked for some awful people in the past, so when I came to Summit it was a huge relief to discover there are still good companies out there.

I refer to Summit as "the perfect mix" to friends and family. Management is involved, but not to the point of breathing down your neck. It's fast-paced enough to keep me motivated, yet I never feel overly stressed. Staff is goal-oriented and take their roles seriously, but they know how to keep the work environment fun.

When I sought out a new job a year ago, I wanted to find a company where I would enjoy my day-to-day and feel like I was working for (and with) genuinely good people. I've found that at Summit. I think it also says something that a lot of staff have been here 5-10+ years. I've only seen a couple people leave for personal reasons, or not being able to perform to their best ability.

Core values are important, so if you are someone who has a problem being a team player, versatile or driven, you probably won't do well here. Summit is growing a lot, so you do need some patience when it comes to new processes. Sometimes management gets tied up, but for the most part you can rely on any of your coworkers. You truly get out what you put in here.

Overall, I genuinely feel cared for as an employee. Management has been flexible with me and does what they can to help me grow and be happy here. If you want more of a close-knit family atmosphere, Summit is a great fit.
Pros
Flexibility, management trusts you to own your role, awesome coworkers, friendly sales competitions, occasional free lunch, early release on Summer Fridays, great location...
Cons
Some might say too much communication, some aspects of the industry are out of our control...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Summit Information Resources. Our community is ready to answer.

Summit Information Resources Reviews by Location