Summit Information Resources Employee Review

View all Summit Information Resources reviews

Not the same
N/A (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 12, 2018
New management is pushing quantity over quality. Used to have a nice relaxed culture. Now it's all about the numbers. Morale is non-existent. Micromanaging is not how you get good results. Employees feel like they're being punished for no reason. Some are being told that they make too much money. The atmosphere is full of uncomfortable tension. No one feels appreciated anymore. If they let everyone in the company vote, they probably wouldn't make the list of best companies to work for.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Micromanagement
Official response from Summit Information Resources
July 25, 2018

Dear Reviewer,

We appreciate your honest feedback and are sorry to hear you feel this way. While we recognize that change to our culture is inevitable as we grow, we work hard to keep the strong, family-like vibe that we’ve strived to create.

Please know that any management changes have been put into place, with thought, to help us be the best business we can be. Luckily, we’ve also been able to hire highly qualified employees we can trust, which has allowed us to focus on further developing, rather than micromanaging them. When being considered for the 100 Best Companies to Work For, all full-time employees are eligible and encouraged to place their vote. Just as we appreciate honest feedback, we also appreciate our employees and do our best to show it! A few ways this can be seen is through our various company-supported functions, generous PTO & paid holidays, and flexible work hours.

Aside from the concerns you raised, we are happy to hear that you are pleased with the benefits we offer! Should you have further concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our HR department, or you can reach me at 651-905-6000.

Michele Embacher, President

Other Summit Information Resources Employee Reviews

Train wreck
NA (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 17, 2019
Operations management is a complete joke. This is the most mismanaged and unorganized company I've ever worked for. You are nothing to them unless you work in sales. The turnover is so high they could install a revolving door. Bringing up issues to HR gets you nowhere. For over a year now everyone has known what the main problem is and nothing has been done about it. The employees are disgruntled for a reason. There's a lot more than a couple of them
Pros
Cons
Leadership team
Enjoyable place to work. You get what you put in!
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 15, 2019
I've worked for some awful people in the past, so when I came to Summit it was a huge relief to discover there are still good companies out there.

I refer to Summit as "the perfect mix" to friends and family. Management is involved, but not to the point of breathing down your neck. It's fast-paced enough to keep me motivated, yet I never feel overly stressed. Staff is goal-oriented and take their roles seriously, but they know how to keep the work environment fun.

When I sought out a new job a year ago, I wanted to find a company where I would enjoy my day-to-day and feel like I was working for (and with) genuinely good people. I've found that at Summit. I think it also says something that a lot of staff have been here 5-10+ years. I've only seen a couple people leave for personal reasons, or not being able to perform to their best ability.

Core values are important, so if you are someone who has a problem being a team player, versatile or driven, you probably won't do well here. Summit is growing a lot, so you do need some patience when it comes to new processes. Sometimes management gets tied up, but for the most part you can rely on any of your coworkers. You truly get out what you put in here.

Overall, I genuinely feel cared for as an employee. Management has been flexible with me and does what they can to help me grow and be happy here. If you want more of a close-knit family atmosphere, Summit is a great fit.
Pros
Flexibility, management trusts you to own your role, awesome coworkers, friendly sales competitions, occasional free lunch, early release on Summer Fridays, great location...
Cons
Some might say too much communication, some aspects of the industry are out of our control...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Summit Information Resources. Our community is ready to answer.

Summit Information Resources Reviews by Location